The smartphone market has seen a lot of bizarrely designed smartphones in 2019. Over the past 12 months, the industry has witnessed smartphones with pop-up cameras and other astonishing features.
Just when we thought we had seen it all, Xiaomi came up with yet another scintillating, bizarre and rather breath-taking masterpiece smartphone whose screen wraps all-round the sides to give an all-screen handset – Introducing the new Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha.
This post looks at some of this smartphone’s core features and how much they would go for in the market.
Price of Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha in Nigeria
Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha is one of the most anticipated smartphones in the world today. The phone is yet to be launched in Nigeria nor is it available in the market for pre-order. This makes it quite tricky to fix an estimated price the smartphone will go for when finally released.
With nothing confirmed yet, you can expect Mi Mix Alpha to be among the most expensive smartphones ever! Yes, you can say that again. With the starting price currently ranging around $2,975, which equates to a range between N960, 000 – N1.1 million, you can expect a massive move in the mobile market.
If current reports and reviews are anything to go by, we should expect the smartphone to go for anything between N950, 000 and N1 million when finally released. This will be based on some core factors including currency exchange rate, place and period of purchase and other similar factors.
Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Specs at a Glance
- Release Date : 2019, December
- Network : GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Screen Size : 7.92 inches, 201.8 cm2 (~180.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display: 2, 088 x 2, 250 pixels (~388 ppi density)
- Display Type: Flexible Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Dimension:4 x 72.3 x 10.4 mm (6.08 x 2.85 x 0.41 in)
- Processor Type: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- Operating System: Android 10; MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- RAM: 12 GB
- Storage: 512 GB – Not expandable
- Back Camera: Triple – 108 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF; 12 MP, f/2.0, 54mm (telephoto), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, 2x optical zoom; 20 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 1.0µm, Laser AF
- Front Camera : No – uses main camera
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4050 mAh battery; Fast battery charging 40W
Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Review
Xiaomi has been a revelation since it dived into the smartphone market. When the smartphone world is still savouring the efficiency and functionality of the Mi and the Redmi series, the super brand introduces another well-spiced masterpiece which has already earned outstanding review without it being in the market yet!
On paper, the Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha is a very fascinating smartphone, especially given the fact that it is one of the first smartphones to feature Samsung’s glossy new 108-megapixel SOCELL Bright HMX sensor. The key charm of the smartphone is its all-side display concept makes it very spectacular and unique and its 108 MP camera is just mind-blowing.
Let us take a deeper look at the smartphone features.
Screen and Display
One of the most spectacular features of the Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha is the all-round screen. The screen wraps completely around the phone to the point where it crosses the camera module on the other side. The screen is designed in a way that status bars, including network status bar and battery level are displayed on the sides.
In addition, buttons like the pressure-sensitive volume buttons are situated at the side of the phone. With the phone claiming over 180 percent screen-to-body ratio, you can only expect a very bright, scintillating and lovely display quality. The smartphone boasts a lovely 7.92 inches Flexible Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and a resolution of 2, 088 x 2, 250 pixels.
When it comes to camera quality, you can easily rate Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha among the very best ever. With a remarkable triple camera setup with a lovely 108 MP primary camera with an f/1.69 aperture and a pixel size of 0.8-micron; a supporting 12 MP camera with an f/2 aperture and a pixel size of 1.4-micron and an additional 20 MP camera with an f/2.2 aperture and a pixel size of 1.0-micron. The back camera setup has autofocus. Because of the design of the smartphone, there is no dedicated front camera for selfie.
Operating System and Performance
A 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor that features 1 cores clocked at 2.96GHz, 3 cores clocked at 2.42GHz and 4 cores clocked at 1.8GHz, powers Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha. It comes with 12GB of RAM.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha runs MIUI Alpha based on Android and packs 512GB of inbuilt storage. The Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards.
You wouldn’t be really disappointed with the battery capacity. The smartphone is powered by a commendable 4, 050 mAh battery. It also boasts fast charging of 40W which makes charging much faster and preserves the overall battery life. On the average, the battery capacity enables you use the device for over a day when fully charged.
Prices of Other Xiaomi Phones
- Xiaomi Redmi 8 & 8A Prices in Nigeria (May 2020)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Price in Nigeria (May 2020)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Price in Nigeria (May 2020)
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium Price in Nigeria (2020)
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 Price in Nigeria (May 2020)
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Price in Nigeria (May 2020)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Price in Nigeria (May 2020)
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Price in Nigeria (May 2020) + Review