One smartphone that has done well in Nigeria over the last five years is the Infinix brand. This Chinese company has taken the Nigerian smartphone industry by storm with its very affordable yet reliable devices that come in great designs. Many Nigerians have taken to these phones because while they are affordable, they provide some of the main features they desire. How much does an Infinix Zero X cost in Nigeria today? What are the specifications of this device? Should you consider buying the Infinix Zero X? Continue reading this post as we provide answers to all these questions.
Price of Infinix Zero X in Nigeria
Infinix released the Zero X into the market in September 2021. After then, it has introduced the Pro variant of the device. Both versions are of very high quality and are quite affordable. If you need a mid-range smartphone, then you should consider investing in the Infinix Zero X.
How does the Infinix Zero X go for in Nigeria currently? As mentioned earlier, there are two variants of this device, the 8 GB/128 GB version and the 8 GB/256 GB Pro version. Check below to find out the latest price for each of these devices:
- Infinix Zero X 8 GB + 128 GB: ₦117,000.00
- Infinix Zero X Pro 8 GB + 256 GB (X6811): ₦181,300.00
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MARCH 22, 2023.
Infinix Zero X Specifications at a Glance
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Launch: Announced 2021, September 13
- Status: Available. Released 2021, September 17
- Body Dimensions: 164.1 x 75.7 x 7.8 mm (6.46 x 2.98 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 193 g (6.81 oz)
- Build: Glass front, glass back, plastic frame
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, 700 nits (peak)
- Display Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~86.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- OS: Android 11, XOS 7.6
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, UFS 2.2
- Main Camera Triple: 64 MP, f/1.9, (wide), PDAF, OIS, 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (periscope telephoto), PDAF, 5x optical zoom, OIS, 8 MP, f/2.3, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, AF
- Main Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Main Camera Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera Single: 16 MP, (wide)
- Selfie Camera Features: Dual-LED flash
- Selfie Camera Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- 5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Positioning: GPS
- NFC: No
- Radio: FM radio
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under the display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Battery Charging: 45W wired, 40% in 15 min (advertised)
- Colors: Nebula Black, Starry Silver
Infinix Zero X Review
Infinix released the Zero X on September 13, 2021. Between then and now, this device has stolen the hearts of several mid-range smartphone users because of its performance and high quality. Is this device worth investing in? We will answer this question with a brief review in this section.
Battery and charging
The Infinix Zero X is equipped with a Li-Po 4500 mAh battery. This is quite large for a phone in its category so you are sure that the device will last several hours without charge. The Infinix Zero X comes with a very large charger. While this comes with a mobility disadvantage, the charger is actually worth it as it charges the phone’s battery quickly.
After carrying out a charging experiment, we have come up with a list to show you the speed of this device’s charging process. Check below for the list:
- 4 Minutes – 13%
- 5 Minutes – 15%
- 7 Minutes – 19%
- 10 Minutes – 26%
- 15 Minutes – 40%
- 20 Minutes – 51%
- 25 Minutes – 62%
- 30 Minutes – 70%
- 35 Minutes – 80%
- 40 Minutes – 86%
- 45 Minutes – 91%
- 50 Minutes – 94%
- 58 Minutes – 100%
This means that you can charge your Infinix Zero X from zero percent to one hundred percent in less than an hour. Is that not amazing? It is perfect for gamers and social media experts. The good news is that while the device charges pretty rapidly, the battery does not discharge in the same manner. You can even extend the battery life with the help of the power boost plan that you can activate under the battery settings.
Internal memory and RAM
This device, similar to the Note 11 Pro, comes with a brand-new patent extended RAM technology. With this technology, you can boost the RAM of the device with a single tap by about 3 GB. This means that by tapping on this technology, you can increase the device’s RAM from 8 GB to 11 GB. The technology is perfect if you have apps that consume a lot of RAM space at the same time.
The device also comes with only 128 GB of internal memory. This can be quite limiting especially if you work with loads of apps from which you draw data. Soon, you would be out of space. Infinix understands this and has equipped the Zero X with a dedicated SD card slot. With this slot, you can have a memory card to increase the device’s memory space and store more files with ease.
One of the most important parts of a smartphone is its display. Infinix equipped the Zero X with an AMOLED screen, making it the first product from the company with this feature. Unlike a traditional LCD screen, the AMOLED screen does not need a separate backlight. This is because the screen produces its light and images by itself.
What you get with the AMOLED screen is better images, sharper colors, and clearer videos. This device features a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400. What this means is that the device comes with a full HD+ capacity. More than anything else, we love the 120 Hz refresh rate of this device. This means that you get to enjoy smoother animations, which is key when playing fast-paced games.