Aviation is about the fastest means of transportation today. It helps you to save time and cut costs. Flying in a private jet does a lot more, for example, it increases your productivity by about 150%. It also gives you control over your schedule and it is regarded as safer than traveling via a commercial flight.
Many rich individuals own private jets today but not everyone can afford them. If you fall into the second category, it means that you have to charter a flight. Can you charter a private jet in Nigeria? The answer to this question is, “Yes, you can.” This leads us to a more important question, “How much does it cost to charter a private jet in Nigeria?” Continue reading this post to find out the answer to this question and others.
Cost of Private Jet Flights in Nigeria
It is impossible to fix a price on this service since most companies don’t fix a flat rate. Several factors determine the cost of chartering a private jet. Some of these factors include:
- Aircraft size and type
- Distance of the flight
- Passenger capacity
There are several companies scattered all over Nigeria that offer private jet charter services. Many of these companies are located in Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt. The average price of chartering a private jet per hour is between N1.7 million and N2 million. This price covers traveling between many of the States in Nigeria since it takes between 40 minutes and one hour to make such trips.
What You Should Know About Private Jet Flights
There are a few things that you should know before you travel via private jet in Nigeria. We will shed some light on a few of these things in this section.
- You don’t need to carry your international passport as long as it isn’t an international flight. This is because you wouldn’t need to present your passport at checkpoints to anyone for local trips. The only reason why you will is if it is your only means of identification. So, if you have other means of identification and you are traveling locally, you can leave your passport at home.
- Companies that operate private jet charter services allow pets on board. There is a condition for this to happen, you need to have the necessary documentation for your pet.
- Private jets don’t have the restrictions that commercial airlines have. As such, they can operate for just about any airport in the country. The operation of these private jets depends on the requirements of the clients.
- The preferred payment for private jet charter services in Nigeria is US dollars even though you can also pay in Naira. Companies prefer that you make your payment in US Dollars for several reasons. The good news is that you can make your payment via credit or debit cards, MasterCard, bank deposits, bank drafts, and bank transfers.
- Private jet companies provide their clients with refreshments aboard flights. Usually, such refreshment is far better than what you get on commercial flights.
- Finally, you will have to pay extra if your location is far from the base of the jet. This extra cost is known as “repositioning cost” and it is added to the overall amount you pay for the charter.
Group Chartering a Private Jet in Nigeria
One of the most popular misconceptions about private jet charter is that only multi-millionaires and billionaires can enjoy this luxury. It isn’t entirely true since many people travel via private jets and don’t fall into these categories. How is this possible? Through a process known as “group charter.”
As we mentioned above, the average price of traveling via private jet in Nigeria is between N1.7 million and N2 million. If you cannot foot this bill, you can split it among friends or associates through a “group charter.” Let’s say the flight should be N1.7 million and you split it among 10 friends. Each person will end up paying N170,000 for the trip making it a lot more affordable. All you need to do is find people that you will travel with and make a deal with the private jet company.
Top Private Jet Charter Companies in Nigeria
Now that you know about the cost of chartering a private jet in Nigeria, let’s show you where you can charter one. In this section, we will present you with a list of companies that offer private jet hire services and their addresses. Check the list out below:
Address: 134a Oja Bustop, Ayobo-Ipaja Rd, Ipaja 100278, Lagos
- Private Jets Nigeria
Address: H8FG+H7P, 102214, Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos….
- West Link Airlines – Private Jet Charter Abuja
Address: 51 Iya Abubakar Cres, Jabi 900108, Abuja.
- Fly Aeronai Jets
Address: MM1 Ikeja Ikeja, 100212, Lagos.
Address: Dominion Hanger, Murtala Muhammed International Airport FAAN Transit Camp, Lagos
- Anap Business Jets Limited
Address: Quits Aviation Free Trade Zone (Legend Hotel Gate Murtala Muhammed International Airport FAAN Transit Camp Road, Ikeja
- Raymart Aviation
Address: 4 Duplex lane, Sam Nujoma Estate, Galadimawa. FCT Abuja 900107 Nigeria, 900110, Abuja.
- Skywatch Aviation Limited
Address: 19, Off Murtala Muhammed Airport Rd, Orile Oshodi 102214, Lagos
- XE Jet
Address: 5 Isaac John Street Ikeja GRA, Ikeja, Lagos
Address: No 7 Sweez Avenue, CloseOrazi 500102, Port Harcourt
- Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc.
Address: Beside Peace Mechanic Workshop, Ezuth Street, off airport road, Thinkers Corner 400104, Enugu.
- Arik Air Limited
Address: 45 Awolowo Rd, Ikoyi 106104, Lagos
- Dornier Aviation Nigeria AIEP Ltd
Address: General Aviation Service Centre, Old Kaduna Airport, Kaduna, Kaduna State Nigeria
- Fur Alle Nigeria Limited
Address: 2, Ezekiel Street, Off Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria
Phone: 08063782410, 07053132925, 08075004454, 014531899
- Ideal Aviation Support Services
Address: 3 Olafuyi Popoola Street, Beesam, off MM2 Int. Link Road, Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria
Phone: 08033416537, 08050268047, 08037057033