Anatomy is one of the most interesting biological science lines in recent times. Although the likes of Pharmacy and other medical professions have taken the shine of Anatomy in the medical world today, the field still remains a tasty one for lovers of knowledge and a worthy compensation for the medical line. This also reflects in the labour market, with numerous job opportunities opened for experts in this field.
In this post, we will take a look at how much anatomists earn in various fields.
Salaries of Anatomists’ in Nigeria
Anatomy is one of the leading biological science professions in Nigeria. While it might not rate among the highest paying medical and biological science field, it is one of the most flexible and dynamic medical science professions.
One reason to be optimistic about this field, though, is that the world today would not be where it is without it. Anatomists are not restricted to working in hospitals and clinics. In fact, some anatomists work with biomedical engineers and function in other engineering fields to develop equipment required for medical use.
Salaries of Anatomists vary per company. Generally, the basic salaries of these experts are on the moderate side and they are also entitled to bonuses which also depends on the company. Here, we will consider how much anatomists is various fields earn.
Anatomists in Hospitals
The main aim of most Anatomist in today’s world is to work in a medical centre. The place of anatomists in modern medicine cannot be overemphasized and their importance has drastically increased in recent times. Anatomists work in hospitals, laboratories and most of the time, work with physiologists.
In fact, most professionals in the medical sector have a background in science that includes anatomy and physiology. These experts include doctors, dentists, and even nurses. Anatomists in government hospitals earn between N80, 000 – N120, 000 for a start while their colleagues in private institutions earn between N60, 000 – N80, 000.
Anatomists in Veterinary Clinics
Anatomists also work in veterinary clinics. They work with veterinary doctors in their core dealings. While there are not so many veterinary clinics in Nigeria, with the majority in the main cities in Nigeria including Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt, anatomists do not really look at this line.
Anatomists in this field earn between N70, 000 and N120 for a start. Jobs for anatomists and veterinarian are expected to grow significantly in the coming years. The growth is driven by an upsurge in the amount people spend on their pets.
Anatomists in Pharmaceutical Sector
Another probable career for people with an anatomy background is in pharmaceuticals. Job seekers can pick one of the limited different paths in this sector. Anatomists can work with drug companies to research and test their products (especially the new ones), or they can use their knowledge to even work in sales, marketing or public relations, adding considerable value to the customers. Anatomists in this earned between N60, 000 and N100, 000 for a start.
Anatomists in Education (the Academia)
The Education sector has seen an increasing number of Anatomists entering into the sector. They work as lecturers and laboratory staff. They conduct researches as well as advice medical practitioners on the latest drugs and related activities. In the education sector, anatomists earn between N70, 000 – N150, 000 for a start depending on the year of experience and qualification. It should be noted that anatomists with extra certification usually earn more and are more rated.
Most anatomists work in colleges, universities, or medical centres. They typically teach and do research. They also help train scientists, as well as doctors, dentists, nurses, pharmacologists, and other workers in the health field. Some work for government agencies or for homeopathic and scientific publication firms. Some others work with private companies, such as firms that make synthetic limbs or organs.
Anatomy: What You Should Know About the Field
Anatomy is the study of organs and tissue structures in the human body, animals and other organisms. Anatomy is the subdivision of biology concerned with the study of the structure of organisms and their integral parts.
The biological science course is a branch of natural science that deals with the structural organization of living things. Human anatomy is one of the basic vital sciences of medicine. Anatomy and physiology, which respectively study the structure and function of organisms and their parts, make a usual pair of connected disciplines, and they are often studied together in Nigerian universities.
Anatomy is quite different from physiology and biochemistry, which respectively deal with the functions of those organism parts and the chemical procedures involved. For instance, an anatomist deals with the shape, size, position, structure and blood supply of an organ, which includes the liver; while a physiologist focuses on the production of bile, the role of the liver in overall nutrition and the regulation of bodily functions.
Universities that Offer Anatomy in Nigeria
- Afe Babalola University (Abuad)
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Babcock University
- Bayero University Kano
- University Of Benin
- Bowen Univesity
- Benue State University
- Delta State university
- Ebonyi State University
- Enugu State University Of science
- Gregory University
- Igbinedion University
- University Of Ilorin
- University Of Jos
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Madonna University
- University Of Maiduguri
- Northwest University
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- University of Osun
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Mass Communication Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Nurses Salary in Nigeria (2023): How Much Are They paid?
- Geologist Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Mechanical Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- TV Presenters Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Anatomists’ Salary in Nigeria in 2023: See What They Earn
- Housemanship Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Dentists’ Salary in Nigeria (2023): See What They Earn
- Civil Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2023): Full Details
- How Much Do Taxify Drivers Make Weekly in Nigeria? (2023)
- How Much Does Bolt Charge per KM in Nigeria? [(year)]
- How Much Does Uber Pay Car Owners in Nigeria? (2023)
- Public Health Salary in Nigeria (2023): Is It Worth It?
- Web Developers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Microbiologists’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Geologists’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Radiographers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023): See What They Earn
- How Much is the Nigerian Navy Salary? (October 2023)
- Investment Bankers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Chevron Nigeria Salary: See How Much They Pay in 2023?
- Pharmacists Salary in Nigeria (2023): See What They Earn
- Salary of Optometrists in Nigeria (2023)
- How Much Do Models Earn in Nigeria?
- Civil Engineers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Biochemists’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Senators’ Salary in Nigeria – (2023) Full Breakdown
- Nigerian Pilot Salary: See How Much They Earn (2023)
- Biomedical Engineers’ Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- Medical Doctors’ Salaries in Nigeria (2023): See What They Earn
- Petroleum Engineering Salary in Nigeria (2023)
- NNPC Salary Structure: How Much Does NNPC Pay? (2023)
- Level 8 Salary in Nigeria (2023): See How Much Is Paid
- KPMG Nigeria Salary: See How Much They Pay