Coleman Technical Industries is one of the top producers of electrical cables in Nigeria. This company prides itself in the manufacture of high-quality consistent cables that satisfy customer needs. It invests in research and development to ensure that it constantly raises the bar where product quality is concerned.
How much are cables from Coleman Technical Industries Nigeria Limited? We will provide you with the answer to this question and a few others in this post. Let’s dive straight in.
Prices of Coleman Cables in Nigeria
Coleman Technical Industries Nigeria Limited focuses its efforts on manufacturing electrical and telecommunication cables and wires. It desires to meet its customers’ expectations and even surpass them in quality and price.
There are several products from this company on the market. As a result, finding out their prices is pretty difficult. Notwithstanding, we have taken the responsibility of checking out these prices on your behalf. In this section, we will show you some of the popular Coleman cables and their current prices in Nigeria.
- CCTV RG59 with Power Coaxial Cable – Pure Copper 305m: N41,000 – N43,000
- Coleman 2.5mm x 3 Core Flexible Wire – White: N75,000 – N79,000
- Coleman 4mm Single Core Cable – Black: N30,000 – N35,000
- Coleman 4mm Single Core Copper Cable – Red: N30,000 – N35,000
- Coleman 6mm Copper Cable – Red: N43,000 – N47,000
- Coleman 6mm Copper – Black: N43,000 – N47,000
- Coleman 16mm Copper Cable – Red: N108,000 – N112,000
- Coleman Copper Cable – Black – 16mm: N108,000 – N112,000
- Coleman Premium 1500 Amp Booster Cables: N5,200 – N6,000
- Coleman 10mm Copper Cable – Red: N70,000 – N75,000
- Coleman Copper Cable – Black – 10mm: N70,000 – N75,000
- Coleman Earth Cable – 1.5mm: N11,500 – N13,500
- Coleman 10mm Single Cable: N85,000 – N90,000
- Coleman Flexible Cable – 2.5mm x 4 Core – White: N110,000 – N115,000
Note that these prices may change depending on the vendor you patronize and your location. They could also change due to the effects of market forces and government policies.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Cables
You don’t just purchase any cables when you want to run electrical installations. If you don’t select the right cables, you may not achieve the desired results. Worse, you could put your life and the lives of other occupants of the building in danger. Here are the chief factors to consider when choosing cables:
You don’t use the same cables indoors as you would for the external part of a building. Understanding the installation crew, local condition, and required maintenance is key to choosing cables in this regard. Most times, cables get damaged during installation because of poor handling. Before you pick your cables, be sure that they can be installed in the area where you need them. Also, ensure that your installation crew is well-versed in installing the cables.
Another very important factor to consider when choosing cables is their construction. A cable’s construction focuses on three important factors and we will explain each of them briefly below:
- Conductors: These are the conductive materials used in the construction of the cables. They can be made of either copper or aluminium. Your choice will depend on your workmanship, the purpose of the cable, maintenance, and environmental conditions.
- Cable arrangement: This is the arrangement of the conductors within the cable. It could either be a single conductor or triple conductor arrangement. Cables with single conductor arrangements are far easier to splice and install. However, cables with triple conductor arrangements present you with ground wires. These wires provide the least impedance path.
- Finish covering and insulation: This final factor is based on service conditions, the load served, installation type, and ambient operating temperature. Usually, some of the installations undergo unusual conditions such as the presence of solvents like oil and corrosive atmosphere. Other unusual conditions include rodent and insect attacks and extreme temperatures.
Before you pick a cable, you should consider what you need to use it for. It must have the ability to handle the voltage stress for that particular purpose. Usually, the selection of cable installation is dependent on phase-to-phase voltage as well as different insulation levels. Ensure that you find out before you make your choice.
There are different sizes of cables and your choice depends on these three factors:
- Current carrying capacity.
- Voltage regulation.
- Short circuit rating.