Samsung has a huge reputation on the market for manufacturing high-quality smartphones. The company announced a new product to be added to its Galaxy product line. This new product is the Samsung Galaxy M12 and leaves us with so much to anticipate. In this post, we will look at the price and specs of this device as well as a brief review of its key features.
Price of Samsung Galaxy M12 in Nigeria
The Samsung Galaxy M12 presently sells for anything from N120,000 in Nigerian mobile phone stores.
PRICES LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 18, 2023.
Samsung Galaxy M12 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 19
- Size: 164 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm (6.46 x 2.99 x 0.38 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900), 3G (WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66), 5G (No)
- Operating system: Android 11, One UI Core 3.1
- Display size: 5 inches, 102.0 cm2(~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: PLS IPS, 90Hz
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 270 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset: Exynos 850 (8nm)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- RAM: 3GB and 4GB
- Internal memory: 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB
- Memory card: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 5 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide) 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video specs: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie camera: 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Selfie video specs: 1080p@30fps
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Radio: Unspecified
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 0, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
- Colors: Black, Blue, Green
Samsung Galaxy M12 Review
With the Samsung Galaxy M12 being one of the latest additions to the Galaxy line, there’s much to be expected. In this section, we will take a look at some of the core features of this device and how they fare.
Display and design
The design of a smartphone is one of its major selling points. This is because it is part of the device that people come across first before anything else. Also, the design of a smartphone is dependent on how much it costs.
The Samsung Galaxy M12 is a smartphone designed for those seeking an affordable smartphone option. As such, you don’t expect that it will be flamboyant or look special. This device doesn’t crush any headlines with its design, it is just a regular smartphone design. Notwithstanding, it is pretty good to look upon as it has the looks of a minimalist 2021 smartphone.
The rear panel has a pattern of lines running from top to bottom. It also comes in three different but regular colors. They are green, blue, and black.
Even though the design seems to be an upgrade to what Samsung presents in its predecessor, the rear panel is very similar. It is also made from quality plastic material. One of the major differences is in the camera module as it features a square four-camera set up along with the LED flash.
Samsung also places its logo along with the OEM logo on the rear cover for unique purposes. Now, let’s look at what is in front of the device. The Samsung Galaxy M12 features a PLS TFT display of 6.5 inches. It also has a density of 270 PPI and a 720 x 1600 resolution. Finally, the display features a drop notch, similar to what you have in the F02s. The drop notch plays home to the front camera of the device.
Smartphone manufacturers these days have to invest in high-quality cameras. This is because customers see the quality of the camera as a major determining factor in whether they should purchase a smartphone or not. The Samsung Galaxy M12 comes with a primary camera and several other cameras.
Samsung is known for equipping its devices with high-quality cameras. While this device is not so expensive, it still features a primary camera of 48 megapixels. This assures the user that they can shoot high-resolution photos and videos. It is also far better than the 13 megapixels that are present in this phone’s predecessor, the M11.
The Samsung Galaxy M12 features an ultrawide camera of 5 megapixels. It also comes with a depth camera and macro camera both of 2 megapixels each. Now, let’s look at the camera in front of this device. As mentioned earlier, the front camera is lodged within the drop notch. It presents the user with 8 megapixels.
When it comes to video quality, both the rear and front cameras of the Samsung Galaxy M12 don’t disappoint. They both have the capacity to shoot videos of about 1080p at 30fps. This is quite impressive considering the class of this device.
Software and Hardware
The performance of a smartphone is everything. Even if it has all the different amazing components, if it doesn’t perform optimally, then it gives the user a poor experience. Samsung understands this and has equipped this device with the Exynos 850 chipset. It marries this with an octa-core CPU to ensure that this device does not lag regardless of the apps that you use.
There are 3 different variants of this device depending on the RAM and internal storage space. The variants include 128GB, 64GB, and 32GB for internal storage and 6GB, 4GB, and 3GB for RAM. This device runs on Android 11 which is the latest operating system for Android devices.
Samsung does well with the battery of this device. It equips the device with a 5000mAh battery along with 15 watts charging. This assures the user of several hours of standby, talk, and gaming time.