Samsung is easily one of the biggest smartphone and electronics manufacturing companies in the world. This brand seems to be one step ahead of the rest when it comes to smartphone design and manufacture. Little wonder when it released the Galaxy Z Flip 4 into the market, there was a lot of noise about it. This post will show you how much this device costs in Nigeria, its specifications, and a brief review of the product.
Price of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 in Nigeria
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a 5G mobile device that comes with a 6.7-inch foldable AMOLED dynamic display. It was released in the third quarter of 2022 and has become one of the top high-end smartphones in Nigeria. How much does this device cost in Nigeria currently?
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 8 GB + 256 GB: ₦741,000.00
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 12 GB + 512 GB: ₦1,335,000.00
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 12 GB + 256 GB: ₦1,251,000.00
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MARCH 22, 2023.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Specs at a Glance
- Body: 165.2×71.9×6.9mm, 187g; Plastic front (opened), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus+), aluminum frame; IPX8 water-resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins), Armour aluminum frame with tougher drop and scratch resistance (advertised).
- Display: 6.70″ Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1200 nits (peak), 1080x2640px resolution, 22:9 aspect ratio, 426ppi; Cover Display: Super AMOLED, 1.9 inches, 260 x 512 pixels (Gorilla Glass Victus+).
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510); Adreno 730.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 8GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 12, One UI 4.1.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 12 MP, f/1.8, 24mm, 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, 1.12µm.
- Front camera: 10 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+; Front camera: 4K@30fps.
- Battery: 3700mAh; Fast charging 25W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), Fast wireless charging 15W, Reverse wireless charging 4.5W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; stereo speakers; Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified).
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Review
In August 2022, Samsung introduced the world to its new addition to the Galaxy family, the Galaxy Z Flip 4. This was a new generation of its classy foldable Galaxy devices. We will be exploring this device in this section to show you how well it performs based on several parameters.
One thing you should know is that Samsung did a great job of improving on this device’s predecessor, the Flip 3. Some of the challenges that it fixed include charging speed, battery life, and low-light camera performance. Without further ado, let’s show you what we think about this device.
Design and build quality
At first glance, Flip 4 and Flip 3 look very much alike. This isn’t exactly a bad thing considering Samsung was more focused on the refinement of the design rather than changes or innovation. The Flip 4 comes with tougher Victus+ panels as well as a new matte finish. It has an enhanced aluminum frame made from a stronger material finished with a glossy polish.
One of the most noticeable changes to this device is the size of the bezels placed around the foldable screen. The bezels are smaller, making the device a little shorter. While the bezels around the panel are shorter, the frame surrounding the AMOLED display is the same as that of the Flip 3.
As expected, the device comes with an excellent screen. It looks bright and colorful, even when the protector is present. Experts consider the screen to be perfect for a foldable device. Just above the screen is the earpiece that is etched within the device’s frame. This part doubles as a speaker for listening to music. Overall, Samsung has done a great job with the design and build quality of the Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Software and performance
The device runs on the Android 12 OS. It has Samsung’s patent One UI on top. This is a proprietary layer and many Samsung users seem to be comfortable with it these days. The device swipes in four directions on the cover screen with each direction presenting a different operation. For example, when you swipe up, you launch Samsung Pay while swiping in the opposite direction presents you with quick toggle suggestions.
One of the new features of the One UI is Color Palettes. It is an implementation of Android 12’s vanilla wallpaper colors. There are four palette suggestions along with the default blue/black one that comes with the interface. The software picks the suggestions depending on the wallpaper that you select. When you choose a color, it becomes the main one in the theme. The accent colors are now applied to different parts of the UI as well as app icons if you please.
This device runs on the latest edition of the Qualcomm chipset known as the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1. The implication of this is that the smartphone is very fast because this chipset is the fastest on the market right now. Some of the key improvements include better efficiency and a slight increase in performance. It comes with 8GB RAM and you can choose any of the 512GB, 256GB, or 128GB UFS 3.1 storage options.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 comes with a dual camera behind and a selfie camera in front. These three cameras are exactly what you have on this device’s predecessor in terms of megapixels. Where the difference lies is in the primary camera which features a larger sensor equipped with a different lens.
The camera app on this smartphone is similar to what is obtainable on any of the recent Samsung phones. However, there are a few tweaks because of the Flip 4’s unorthodox design. Notwithstanding, the basics are unchanged as swiping right and left will help you switch modes, and you also get the rearrange option. This way, you can add or get rid of modes from your viewfinder. When you swipe vertically, you get to switch between rear and front cameras. Overall, the Flip 4 comes with a great camera and is worth the investment if you like to shoot mobile photos and videos.