Power supply has been pretty epileptic in this part of the world for several years. This challenge has opened up the Nigerian generator market because of the need to use alternative power supply methods. Most businesses, worship centres, and homes need electricity to carry out their different functions. Generators offer the most affordable means to meet this need.
The market is filled with an array of generators of different sizes and capacities from different brands. If your power needs are high, you need to purchase a generator that can meet them efficiently. One such generator is the 30 KVA generator.
How much does it cost to own a 30 KVA generator in Nigeria? What are the specifications of these generators? This post will answer these questions and several others so let’s get started.
30 KVA Generator Prices in Nigeria
The state of power supply in Nigeria is affecting how businesses and other establishments run. To balance things up, we have to seek other means of generating power. While using solar inverters is healthier for our environment, not everyone can afford them. This means that most businesses and homes have to resort to using generators to run their equipment and appliances.
One factor you must consider before buying a generator is the cost. How much can you afford at the time of purchase? Surveying the market gives insight into the prices of different generators within the same category. You can use this information to make your choice. We know that finding out prices can be difficult, so we have done the homework on your behalf.
The list below shows the most popular 30 KVA generators in Nigeria and their current prices.
- Mikano Power Generator [1103-33G] 30 KVA: From ₦5 million
- Perkins 30 KVA Soundproof Generator: From ₦3.3 million
- FG Wilson 30 KVA P33 (Soundproof) Generator:From ₦7 million
- FG Wilson 30 KVA P33 3 Phase Open Generator: From ₦6.2 million
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MAY 22, 2023.
Note that you may experience slight variations in these prices depending on your location and the vendor that you patronise. Also, these prices fluctuate frequently due to inflation, exchange rate, and customs duty among other reasons. We will be on the lookout for price changes and will update this post accordingly when we notice any.
Specifications of 30 KVA Generators in Nigeria
Asides from cost, you should also consider the specifications of a generator before purchase. The reason is that you need to know how the generator works, the generator’s capacity, the kind of fuel it uses, and the fuel consumption rate to mention a few. You can only gain this knowledge by checking out the generator’s specifications. As you compare prices, you should also compare specifications so that you can find a generator that best suits your power supply needs.
That being said, we have put together the specifications of the different generators on our list in this section. Check them out below:
Mikano Power Generator [1103-33G] 30 KVA Specifications
- Number of cylinders: 3
- Cylinder arrangement: Vertical in-line
- Cycle: Four-stroke
- Induction system: Naturally Aspirated
- Compression ratio: 19.25: 1
- Bore: 105 mm (4.13 in)
- Stroke: 127 mm (4.99 in)
- Cubic capacity: 3.3 litres
- Direction of rotation: Clockwise view from the front
- Firing order: 1,2,3
Total weight (engine only)
- Dry: 412 kg
- Wet: 430 kg
- Height: 951 mm (37.44 in)
- Length: 1029 mm (40.51 in)
- Width (including mounting brackets) : 629 mm (24.76 in)
- Longitudinal: 23.3 Kgm²
- Horizontal: 38.1 Kgm²
- Axial: 24.4 Kgm²
- Flywheel (polar): 1.14 kgm²
Centre of gravity (wet)
- Forward from the rear of block: 210 mm (8.26 in)
- Above centre line of block: 120 mm (4.72 in)
- Offset of RHS of centerline: 40 mm (1.57 in)
Steady-state speed stability at constant load:
- G2: ± 0.75%
- Air temperature: 25 °C
- Barometric pressure: 100 kPa
- Relative humidity: 30%
Overall sound pressure level (cooling pack and air cleaner fitted):
- At 1500 rev/min: 88.1dBA
- At 1800 rev/min: 90.7dBA
FG Wilson 30 KVA P33 (Soundproof) Generator Specifications
- Minimum Rating: 30 kVA /24 kW
- Maximum Rating: 33 kVA /26.4 kW
- Emissions/Fuel Strategy: EU Stage IIIA emissions compliant.
- 50 Hz Prime: 30 kVA /24 kW
- 50 Hz Standby: 33 kVA /26.4 kW
- 60 Hz Prime: – / –
- Frequency: 50 Hz
- Speed: 1500 RPM
- Voltage: 220-415 Volts
- Engine Model: Perkins® 1103D-33G3
- Bore: 105 mm (4.1 in)
- Stroke: 127 mm (5 in)
- Governor Type: Mechanical
- Displacement: 3.3l (201.4 cu. in)
- Compression Ratio: 19.25:1
FG Wilson 30 KVA P33 3 Phase Open Generator Specifications
Product Code: P33-3
- 30kVA Prime Rating
- 5kVA Standby Rating
- DCP10 Auto-Start Controller
- Selection of Sound Attenuated Enclosures
- Additional Alarms & Shutdowns
- Air Cleaner
- Engine filled with lubrication oil
- High Coolant Temperature Shutdown
- Low Oil Pressure Shutdown
- Lube oil drain valve
- Coolant Drain Valve
- Cooling System filled with Coolant mix
- Fan, Fan drive, and battery charging Alternator drive fully guarded to meet EC Machinery Directive
- Package mounted radiator
- Radiator & Cooling Fan
- Exhaust flange outlet
- Exhaust stub pipe and gasket
- 8 Hr Fuel Tank
- Fuel Fittings for Local and Remote Feed
- IP23 Protection
- SHUNT Excitation
- Anti-vibration mounts
- Base, Formed Steel with Single wall Fuel Tank
- Battery Tray and Cables
- Certified Base Mounted Lifting Eyes, and Rear Drag Eyelets
Maintaining Your 30 KVA Generator
Great job so far! Now, you know how much the different generators in this class cost in Nigeria. You have also learned about the specifications of the different generators. The next thing you need to know is how to maintain your 30 KVA generator. Here are a few tips:
- Run the generator for a few minutes every day at least. Doing this helps to ensure that the different parts work efficiently.
- Check the fluids before running the generator. These fluids include coolant, fuel, and engine oil.
- Change the engine oil frequently.
- Invite a professional for periodic checks and when you notice something wrong with your generator.