Are you planning to buy a diesel generator for your power supplies during black out? If the answer is “yes”, then you are reading the right post. Diesel generators are a great back up source of electricity in Nigeria. For a developing nation like Nigeria with grids that are not stable, it is unavoidable to have a large usage of diesel generators. Having a generator in your home can be one of the best ways to ensure that you always have power in any situation. Owning a diesel generator is a great investment of your money.
Why Choose a Diesel Generator
Let’s take a look at some of the most common benefits of using diesel generators over petrol generators.
Low long-term cost: The biggest plus point is savings in fuel and maintenance are immense and hassle free. That’s why many commercial generators users opt for portable diesel generators.
After-Sale Value: Whether you buy used or brand new, you will find that your generator will always provide you with high value. Diesel generators are actually very valuable, and they are very easy to find on sale.
Stability and performance: Compared to petrol generators, diesel generators tend to have more stability and better performance as the engines are made to withstand extreme weathering but can also exhibit high performance for continuously elongated periods of time. Diesel generators have high fault tolerance.
Support Availability: When you face problem with your diesel generator, you can easily get it repaired from a local technician or mechanic. But be sure to check for a brand that has maximum parts and support availability. If you are running it for commercial purposes, you should have a generator technician at your side. This will aid in getting the maximum out of your diesel generator.
Application: It is least flammable when compared to petrol, gas and other fuels. Requires less maintenance and can work for longer hours at a single stretch. Modern diesel generators have less noise. These types of generators are used in mining, telecommunications, marine, agriculture applications, hospitals, industrial plants and commercial buildings.
Prices of Diesel Generators in Nigeria
|Kipor – Diesel Generator – KDE7000T||5.0KVA||₦430,000 – ₦500,000|
|Firman – Diesel Generator – SDG15FS||15KVA|
₦2,000,000 – ₦2,730,000
|Elemax – Diesel Generator – SHT25D – 3 PHASE||20KVA|
₦3,500,000 – ₦3,800,000
|Lutian – Super Silent Diesel Generator – 5GF-LDEX||4.8KVA|
₦450,000 – ₦490,000
|Elemax – Diesel Generator – SH15D||14KVA|
₦3,670,000 – ₦3,800,000
|Kipor – Diesel Generator – KDE23S3 – 3 PHASE||19.5KVA|
₦3,280,000 – ₦3,500,000
|Elemax – Diesel Generator – SHT25D – 3 Phase||20KVA|
₦3,500,000 – ₦3,600,000
|Firman – Diesel Soundproof Generator – SDG 7000SE||5KVA|
₦390,000 – ₦410,000
|Sumec Firman – Diesel Soundproof Generator||5KVA||₦548,000 – ₦560,000|
What You Should Know About Diesel Generators
There are two different types of diesel engine generators; small portable and larger industrial generators. Small portable diesel generators range from 1 KVA to 10 KVA. Large industrial generators range from 8 KVA – 30KVA for homes, small shops and offices. Large office complexes, factories and power stations require 2000 KVA.
Diesel generators come in two kinds; open frame and close frame. Close frame is also known as silent generators and it is mostly used for residential purpose. Large diesel engine generators can be used for heavy loads like pumps, dryers and whole home heating and air conditioner.
Guide to Buying a Diesel Generator
There are a variety of used diesel generators available on the market. In order to secure the best and most cost-effective purchase, it is a good idea to do a proper research on which used generators can be bought at a cheaper or discounted price.
- The first thing to consider when buying a diesel generator is the purpose of use as this helps in calculating the required wattage to be used. This helps in narrowing down on the right kind of new or used diesel powered generator when buying, such as a small diesel generator or a portable diesel generator.
- Costing. The largest cost when it comes to diesel plant owning generators is that of fuel consumption and operating cost for power applications. A modern diesel plant will consume between 0.28 and 0.4 litres of fuel per kilowatt hour at the generator terminals.
- Learn to operate the system in advance. During power failure, you may not be able to find suitable, reasonably priced equipment, fuel and installation. Buy a system that is simple to operate and maintain. A backup system should power most efficient appliances.
- The ideal diesel generator would have the following features reliability, high performance, support, local knowledge, efficiency, durability, competitive pricing, user friendly and functionality.
- The key items to look for are engine make, alternator make, controller make, circuit breaker make, support, design, compliance to local standards, reference of usage for similar application and presence in local market.
In conclusion it is important to understand the application and environment that the diesel generator will be operating in. This will provide guidance on the features required.
Things You’ll like about Diesel Generators
If you use diesel in power generators you can save 28-30 percent of your operating costs as it produces more power supply at a comparable amount of capacity.
The price of maintenance for diesel generators is comparatively cheaper compared to petrol generators.
In this kind of generator, the power supply is adequate. You can facilitate a 15KW-200KW production range of diesel generators.
The diesel generator can make nonstop electricity flow with no spikes and sags.
In general, the burning up of diesel engines is lower than other generators. It also comprises for the long hours of work because it can cool down rapidly due to air cooled and water engines.
Things you might not like about Diesel Generators
Diesel generators are usually used in manufacturing applications since it can emit risky amounts of harmful smoke during exhaustion. It also produces a higher smoke compared to any other fuel generator.
The unavoidable truth is that diesel powered generators are louder than petrol generators.
Diesel engines are not easy to begin as compared to gas engine, especially when the weather is cold.
The initial set up cost may be more when compared to other type of generators. Diesel generators may require larger store of fuel but this is much safer to store than petrol.
Compare prices of other generators in Nigeria
- Lutian Generator Price in Nigeria (2021)
- Elemax Generator Prices in Nigeria (June 2021)
- Perkins Generator Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- TEC Generators Review & Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Maxi Generators Review & Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Lister Generator Prices in Nigeria (June 2021)
- Honda Generator Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Jubaili Bros Generators & Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Tiger Generator Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- 10KVA Generator Prices in Nigeria (June 2021)
- Elepaq Generator Prices in Nigeria (2021 Update)
- Mikano Generator Prices in Nigeria (June Discounts)
- Diesel Generator Prices in Nigeria (June 2021)
- CAT Generator Prices in Nigeria (June 2021)
- 3.5KVA Generator Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Tigmax Generators Review & Prices in Nigeria (2021) Released
- Prices of Soundproof Generators in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Small Generators in Nigeria (2021)
- Sumec Firman Generators & Prices in Nigeria (2021)