Generators have become commonplace in Nigerian homes, offices, and other types of establishments. The main reason for this is the abysmal state of the power sector. Most parts of Nigeria don’t enjoy up to ten hours of power supply in a day. In some places, they don’t even get to see public power supply in a week.
The fact above is the reason why many individuals, businesses, and corporate bodies own alternative sources of power generation. Generators are the commonest alternative source of electrical power in Nigeria. There are different sizes of generators on the market these days. Medium generators are the most popular among small businesses and apartments.
How much does it cost to buy a medium generator in Nigeria? Continue reading to find the answer to this question and several others.
Medium Generators & Prices in Nigeria
A medium generator is one that can carry sufficient load in a small apartment or business location. It usually falls between 2.0 KVA and 7.0 KVA. This way, it can power basic appliances like TVs, fans, computers, small kitchen appliances, bedside refrigerators, light bulbs, etc.
Before you step out to purchase a medium generator, you need to first find out the cost. This knowledge helps you to decide on what product you can afford. It also helps you plan toward the purchase. We understand how difficult running market surveys can be so we decided to handle it on your behalf. Check the list below to find the different medium generators in Nigeria and their current prices:
These are the prices of Honda Generators in Nigeria:
- 2.0 KVA generator: N67,000 – N75,000
- 2.2 KVA generator: N70,000 – N135,000
- 3.6 KVA generator: N247,000 N260,000
- EG5000 4.5 KVA generator: N240,000 – N255,000
- EG6500 5.5 KVA generator: N365,500 – N375,000
These are the prices of Thermocool Generators in Nigeria:
- 6.75 KVA Generator (Odogwu): N248,000 – N260,000
- 6.0 KVA Generator (Igwe): N185,000 – N230,000
- 5.0 KVA Generator (Oga): N170,000 – N189,000
- 4.0 KVA Generators (Big Boy): N140,000 – N150,000
- 3.0 KVA Generator (Hustler): N75,000 – N85,000
- 2.0 KVA Generator (Bobo): N66,500 – N95,000
- 1.0 KVA Generator (Junior): N42,000 – N55,000
Sumec Firman Generators
These are the prices of Sumec Firman Generators in Nigeria:
- Sumec Firman 2.5 KVA (key start) generator: N65,000 – N85,000
- Sumec Firman Key start & wheels 2.5 KVA generator: N75,000 – N95,000
- Sumec Firman SPG3800 E2 2.8 KVA generator: N75,000 – N85,000
- Sumec Firman 6.0 KVA generator: N107,000 – N120,000
- Sumec Firman 2.0 KVA generator: N65,000 – N75,000
- Sumec Firman 2.5 KVA generator: N68,000 – N79,000
- Sumec Firman 2.9 KVA generator: N88,000 – N109,000
These are the prices of Hyundai Generators in Nigeria:
- Hyundai Diesel generator 4.5 KVA: N225,000 – N240,000
- Hyundai Diesel generator 3.5 KVA: N165,000 – N175,000
- Hyundai generators 5.5 KVA generator: N130,000 – N140,000
- Hyundai generators 2.5 KVA generator: N68,000 – N75,000
- Hyundai generators 2.2 KVA generator: N95,500 – N102,000
These are the prices of Elemax Generators in Nigeria:
- SH7600EX 5.6 KVA generator: N295,000 – N310,000
- SH5300EX 3.8 KVA generator: N200,000 – N210,000
- SH4600EX 3.2 KVA generator: N185,000 – N192,000
- SH3900EX 2.8 KVA generator: N170,000 – N178,000
- SH3200EX 2.2 KVA generator: N165,000 – N172,000
These are the prices of Yamaha Generators in Nigeria:
- Yamaha 2.2 KVA generator: N125,000 – N133,000
- Yamaha EF6600E 5.0 KVA generator: N250,000 – N259,000
Tiger Generators Prices In Nigeria
These are the prices of Tiger Generators in Nigeria:
- Tiger TG2700 2 KVA generator: N60,000 – N95,000
- Tiger TG3700 2.5 KVA generator: N75,000 – N105,000
- Tiger TNG2500A 2 KVA generator: N65,000 – N120,000
- Tiger TNG3500A 2.5 KVA generator: N80,000 – N120,000
- Tiger EC2500CX 2 KVA generator: N90,000 – N140,000
- Tiger EC3800CX 2.5 KVA generator: N99,500 – N140,000
- Tiger EPN4000DX 2.5 KVA generator: N80,000 – N150,000
Elepaq Generators Prices In Nigeria
These are the prices of Elepaq Generators in Nigeria:
- Elepaq ECS200CX Manual Generator 2.8 KVA: N50,000 – N65,000
- Elepaq Generator 3.2 KVA generator: N55,000 – N75,000
- Elepaq Generator 3.5 KVA generator: N56,000 – N76,000
- Elepaq Generator 4.5 KVA generator: N58,000 – N80,000
Elemax Generators Prices In Nigeria
These are the prices of Elemax Generators in Nigeria:
- Elemax SH7600EX 5.6 KVA generator: N555,000 – N650,000
- Elemax SH5300EX 3.8 KVA generator: N400,000 – N550,000
- Elemax SH4600EX 3.2 KVA generator: N185,000 – N195,000
- Elemax SH3900EX 2.8 KVA generator: N288,000 – N310,000
- Elemax SH3200EX 2.2 KVA generator: N239,000 – N285,000
- Elemax SV2800S 2 KVA generator: N193,000 – N250,000
Lutian Generators Prices In Nigeria
These are the prices of Lutian Generators in Nigeria:
- Lutian LT3990E 3.2 KVA generator: N77,500 – N105,000
- Lutian LT2500 2.5 KVA generator: N70,000 – N 120,000
- Lutian LT3600E 3.2 KVA generator: N75,000 – N 95,000
- Lutian LT7990E 6.3 KVA generator: N193,000 – N245,000
- Lutian 36100 2.7 KVA generator: N73,000 – N115,000
- Lutian LT1800 1 KVA generator: N39,000 – N75,000
- Lutian 5GF-LDEX (Silent Diesel Generator) 5.5 KVA: N350,000 – N450,000
Senci Generators Prices In Nigeria
These are the prices of Senci Generators in Nigeria:
- Senci SC4000 2.5 KVA generator: N89,000 – N135,000
- Senci SC3250 2 KVA generator: N70,000 – N105,000
- Senci SC5000 3.2 KVA generator: N110,500 – N175,000
- Senci SC10000 6.5 KVA generator: N180,000 – N295,000
Maxi Generators Prices In Nigeria
These are the prices of Maxi Generators in Nigeria:
- Maxi B20M 2 KVA generator: N80,000 – N135,000
- Maxi B25K 2.5 KVA generator: N104,000 – N195,000
- Maxi E33K 3.3 KVA generator: N105,000 – N185,000
- Maxi E50K 5 KVA generator: N165,000 – N255,000
- Maxi E65 (with wheel) 6.5 KVA generator: N179,000 – N255,000
PRICES LAST-UPDATED: JULY 29, 2022.
Note that the prices of these products fluctuate a lot because of factors like naira to the dollar exchange rate, customs duty, and inflation. However, we will be on the lookout for price changes and will update this post accordingly when we notice any. Also, you may experience slight variations in prices on the market due to your location and the vendor you patronize.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Generator
Do you just leave your house, go to the market, and just buy any generator that you see? Of course, not. You have to consider certain factors before taking this step. In concluding this post, here are some factors you should consider before you buy a generator:
- The power rating of the generator.
- Your power consumption needs.
- Cost of the generator.
- The generator’s starting method.
- The kind of fuel the generator uses.
- Noise efficiency.
- Fuel consumption.