Popularly known as the ‘I beta pass my neighbour’ generator, Tiger generators are one of the most popular electric generator brands in Nigeria. The tiger brand is known to produce generators with power rating below 2KVA. Small businesses such as electricians, beauty salons, small business centres and many homes make use of tiger generators due to its portability and affordability.
The shortfall in the power supply in the country which led to erratic power supply further strengthened the usage and popularity of the Tiger generators coupled with the fact that Tiger generators are affordable and fits the income profile of quite a lot of Nigerians. However, Tiger generators now have their glory days in the past with only a few models available in Nigeria.
Prices of Tiger Generators in Nigeria
Here are some popular Tiger generators with their average prices in Nigeria. Note that prices of Tiger generators may vary depending on your location in Nigeria.
|Generator Brand||Price Range|
|Tiger Generator – TG1400||₦25,200 – ₦32,000|
|Tiger Generator – TG1500/1550||₦25,350 – ₦35,000|
|Tiger Generator – TG1450||₦27,000 – ₦28,500|
|Tiger TG2700 Petroleum Generator||₦65,000 – ₦80,000|
|Tiger Manual Gasoline Generator||₦31,270 – ₦33,000|
|Tiger TG1200 700VA Generator||₦19,000 – ₦25,000|
|Tiger TG950 650VA Generator||₦10,000 – ₦14,000|
|Tiger TPG3000 2.5KVA Generator with Key & Wheel||₦47,000 – ₦53,000|
|Tiger TPG3000 2.5KVA Generator||₦39,000 – ₦43,000|
|Tiger TPG2900 2.0KVA Generator with Wheel||₦36,000 – ₦40,000|
|Tiger TPG2900E2 2.2KVA Generator with Key||₦35,000 – ₦39,000|
|Tiger TG1800 900VA Generator||₦23,000 – ₦27,000|
|Tiger TPG6500E2 5.0KVA Generator||₦73,500 – ₦80,000|
|Tiger TPG2500 2.0KVA Generator||₦34,000 – ₦46,000|
|Tiger TPG3200EX 2.5KVA Generator||N31,000 – N35,000|
You can buy Tiger generators from any market in Nigeria. However, we suggest that you buy your Tiger branded generators from electronic shops, especially one that is an accredited dealer of an electronic brand; say LG or Samsung. Buying from such a place will guaranty that you buy generators of the highest quality.
What You Should Know About Tiger Generators
It is highly affordable and really fuel efficient. It is also easy to maintain and spare parts are easy to find. The power rating ranges from 700watts to 8KVA. Tiger generators are rated 50Hz. We recommend that you do not operate your Tiger generators continuously for more than 6 hours. When using a Tiger generator of power rating between 450VA and 850VA in your home or business ensure that you do not overload it. When it is connected, try disconnecting any gadget that will overload it or that is not being used. For example, appliances like electric boilers, electric iron, heaters and air conditioners are high energy consuming gadgets and hence should be switched off when using such low power Tiger generators.
Tiger TG950, which is a 650VA generator can comfortably power your TV, DVD/VCD player, one or two fans and a few lighting points. Ensure you buy energy efficient light bulbs for your Tiger generators.
Tiger Generator Safety Tips
Your owner’s manual of course will include the recommended safety rules. However you may want to know certain basic less obvious things in advance because they may affect your choice.
- Just like all engine containing devices, tiger generator sets should always be used OUTDOORS. You should locate them at least 15 feet away from the house to avoid carbon monoxide and fumes build up.
- You should never connect your generator directly into a wall outlet or your house unless it is isolated from the service lines.
- Most portable generators need to be protected from rain and snow. Ensure that your generator is placed under a shade or in a generator house where it can be protected from rain or theft.
Things You’ll like about Tiger Generators
- Low Petrol Consumption: Smaller generators have the advantage of lesser petrol consumption rates and so have become the engine of first choice for most households. A little engine oil and petrol mixed together in a 4 litre container.
- Low Maintenance Costs: When you face problem with your Tiger generator, you can easily get it repaired from a local technician or mechanic. In the event that a generator part needs to be bought, you can readily get them from any electronic supplies store at very affordable prices.
- Affordability: The cost of purchasing a Tiger generator is very affordable when compared to other type of generators or its counterpart from other brands. Generally, Tiger generators do not require a large store of fuel.
Things You May Not Like About Tiger Generators
- Their rate of disintegration is pretty fast too. Depending on usage (which is very rapid as there is seldom public power supply), the portable generator needs servicing or routine checks every two weeks. But it is not always that simple. Several internal parts may have become dysfunctional owing to wear and tear.
- If not properly serviced and maintained, the Tiger generator may begin to make so much noise and emit toxic smoke. Except your Tiger generator is one with a key start, continuous use may lead to the slackness of the string pulled to start the generator.
- Just like other portable petrol generators, the Tiger generator brand cannot be used as a permanent backup for power failure for long hours. Like we earlier stated, we recommend that you do not operate your Tiger generators continuously for more than 6 hours.
- There is restriction on the maximum number of load that can be placed on tiger generators depending on their power rating. To avoid overloading the generator, it is necessary to disconnect any gadget that will overload it or that is not being used. Appliances like electric boilers, electric iron, heaters, air conditioners and other high energy consuming gadgets should be switched off when using low power Tiger generators. The Tiger TG950, which is a 650VA generator can comfortably power your TV, DVD/VCD player, one or two fans and a few lighting points.
Compare prices of other generators in Nigeria
- Honda Generator Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- CAT Generator Prices in Nigeria (December 2020)
- Sumec Firman Generators & Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Jubaili Bros Generators & Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Tigmax Generators Review & Prices in Nigeria (2020) Released
- TEC Generators Review & Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Diesel Generator Prices in Nigeria (December 2020)
- Maxi Generators Review & Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Perkins Generator Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Mikano Generator Prices in Nigeria (December 2020 Discounts)
- Prices of Soundproof Generators in Nigeria (2020)
- Lutian Generator Price in Nigeria (2020)
- 3.5KVA Generator Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Elemax Generator Prices in Nigeria (December 2020)
- 10KVA Generator Prices in Nigeria (December 2020)
- Prices of Small Generators in Nigeria (2020)
- Elepaq Generator Prices in Nigeria (2020 Update)
- Tiger Generator Prices in Nigeria (2020)