Electricity is very important to human existence because we use it to carry out several tasks. From running appliances and equipment to cooking, charging phones to cooling and heating homes. Without electricity, life may be a little difficult, and businesses may experience challenges.
Nigeria has been suffering power supply problems for a while. As a result, individuals, businesses, and other bodies have been looking for different ways to generate electricity privately. The two most popular methods are using solar power and generating sets. This post will focus on the latter option.
There are different types and sizes of generators on the market including 5.5 KVA generators from different brands on the market. How much does it cost to own a 5.5 KVA generator in Nigeria today? What are the specifications of these generators? This post will answer these questions so continue reading.
5.5 KVA Generators & Prices in Nigeria
A generator helps to meet your power supply needs by converting chemical and mechanical energy into electric energy. One of the factors to consider when choosing a generator is the cost. Knowledge about the cost of a generator helps you to figure out which generator you can afford. Running a market survey to find out the cost of generators can be very difficult. This is why we had to run the survey on your behalf.
Check the list below to find out the current costs of the popular 5.5 KVA generators in Nigeria:
- Honda 5.5 KVA EG6500CXS Generator: From ₦1,058,000
- Honda 5.5 KVA FA6500X Generator: From ₦862,500
- Honda 5.5kva Eg6500cxs Key-starting Generator + Battery:From ₦1.59 million
- Thermocool 5.0 KVA 7500ES Generator (Oga): From ₦528,000
- Firman 5 KVA ECO 7990ES Generator: From ₦374,000
- Elepaq 5.5kva Key Start Generator – Sv7800e2 100% Copper: From ₦189,500
- Elepaq 5.5 KVA EC6500 Generator: From ₦340,000
- Elepaq SV8800E2 5.5KVA – 100% Copper: From ₦229,500
- Lutian 5.5 KVA 5GF-LDEX (Super Silent Diesel Generator): From ₦550,000
- Lutian 5.5 KVA 5GF-LDE (Super Silent Diesel Generator): From ₦550,000
- Elemax 5.6 KVA SH7600EX Generator: From ₦705,000
- Senci 5.5KVA C7000E Senci Rugged Generator With Key: From ₦380,000
- Maxi 4.5KVA Maxi Generator EK33 100% Copper: From ₦270,000
- Yamaha 5 KVA EF7200E Generator: From ₦1,079,000
- Hyundai 5.5 KVA generator: From ₦237,000
PRICES LAST UPDATED: MAY 22, 2023.
Note that the cost of these generators may change due to inflation and fluctuations in the exchange rate. Also, you may experience slight price variations depending on your location and the vendor you patronise. We will keep surveying the market on your behalf to find out new prices. Subsequently, we will update this post once we notice new prices on the market.
Specifications of 5.5 KVA Generators
Another important piece of knowledge you should acquire before buying generators is their specifications. This knowledge allows you to figure out the capacity of the generator, its fuel type and consumption, and several other pieces of information. We have selected some of the generators on our list and will show you their specifications in this section.
Lutian 5.5 KVA 5GF-LDEX (Super Silent Diesel Generator) Specifications
One of the biggest advantages of this generator is the super-silent feature. Nobody likes the noise that generators produce. Lutian understands this and has created a generator that doesn’t make noise. This generator runs on diesel but it is highly fuel-efficient. It is pretty affordable for a generator in its class and is equipped with several exciting features. Some of these features include:
- Low oil alarm system.
- Soundproof enclosure.
- Electric start.
Check out the specifications of the Lutian 5.5 KVA generator below:
- Frequency: 50
- AC Output (kW): 4.8
- Rated AC Output (kW): 4.4
- DC Output (V-A): 12V/8.3A
- Rated Voltage: 230
- Power Factor: 1
- Phase: Single
- Excitation System: Self-excitation
- Dimension (L x W x H): 945 x 550 x 770
- Net Weight (Kg): 165
- Engine Model: LT86F
- Type: Single cylinder, vertical. 4-stroke, air-cooled, direct injection
- Displacement (cc): 406
- Fuel tank capacity (L): 16
- Lube oil Capacity: 1.65
- Starting system: Electric starter
- Low Oil Alarm System: Yes
Elepaq 5.5 KVA Key Start Generator – Sv7800e2 100% Copper Specifications
Elepaq is known for manufacturing high-quality generators that are sold at affordable prices. The Sv7800e2 is a 5.5 KVA generator from Elepaq with several interesting features. It features a four-stroke OHV motor that presents stable performance and a low fault rate. This generator also comes with a low oil alarm system to inform you when the engine oil is low. The feature protects your generator’s engine from knocking. This generator also comes with a battery that ensures smooth electric starting. Check the specifications of the Elepaq 5.5 KVA Sv7800e2 Generator below:
- AC Frequency: 50 Hz
- Starting Capacity: 5.5KVA
- Running Capacity: 5.0KVA
- Voltage Regulation: 220V
- Phase: Single Phase
- Engine Type: 4-stroke single cylinder, OHV, air-cooled
- Brush, self-exciting, synchronous,2-pole,100% Copper Enameled Wire
- DC Output (Horsepower/ KW): 12V/8.3A
- Starting System: Electric / Recoil (Manual)
- Fuel: Petrol
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 15L
- Noise Level @ 7 Meters: 68 dB
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 715 * 460 * 460
- Weight: 50 KG
Honda 5.5 KVA Eg6500cxs Key-starting Generator + Battery Specifications
Honda has a great reputation for manufacturing top-quality products. This company is into the manufacture of all kinds of items including generators. The Eg6500cxs from Honda is a special generator because of all the exciting features that it packs. While the fuel tank capacity is quite low at 24 litres, it makes up for this in its fuel efficiency. This generator is one of the most fuel-efficient in its class on the market. The Eg6500cxs comes with a transistorized magneto system. With this, you are assured of a seamless electric start anytime you need the generator. Honda adds a battery to the package so you don’t have to worry about buying one.
Here are the specifications of the Honda 5.5 KVA Eg6500cxs Key-starting Generator:
- AC Frequency: 50Hz
- AC Output VOLTAGE: 230V
- Continuous operational available time: 8.1h
- DC output: 12V – 8,3
- Displacement: 389cc
- Engine Type: Forced Air-cooled 4-stroke gasoline Engine overhead
- Fuel tank capacity: 24 Ltrs
- Ignition system: Transistorized magneto
- Maximum AC output: 5.5KVA
- Model: GX390H1
- Rated AC output: 5.0KVA
- Starting system: Electric / recoil