Making use of alternative sources of electricity generation has become a norm in Nigeria because of the state of the power sector. The most common means so far is using generating sets. Most of the generators in the country work with either gasoline or diesel. As such, they convert chemical to mechanical to electric energy. The challenge with these generators is that while they meet our power supply needs, they aren’t healthy for the environment.
Nigerians are now switching to another source of power generation, this time, fuelless generators. These generators are so common yet but are gradually gaining popularity. They don’t make use of any kind of fuel, and neither do they work with inverters or solar systems. Would you like to know the cost of fuelless generators in Nigeria as well as how these generators work? Continue reading this post as it will provide answers to your questions about fuelless generators.
Fuelless Generators & Prices in Nigeria
Over the years, fuel (diesel and gasoline) used for generators has become more expensive. More recently, diesel prices have hiked so much that many companies using diesel generators have switched to other sources of power generation. Wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t have to buy fuel for your generator?
The good news is that we now have fuelless generators on the market. Before you purchase any of these generators, the wise thing to do is to survey the market for their current prices. Doing this gives you a rough idea of how much they cost generally. You can then pick which one suits your pocket and meets your needs.
Running market surveys is never easy and takes a lot of extra work. We chose to do this extra work on your behalf and have gotten the prices of some of the fuelless generators in Nigeria. Check the list below to see our findings:
- Fuelless Generator 5 KVA Complete: N350,000 – N400,000
- Fuelless Generator 7.5 KVA Complete: N450,000 – N500,000
- Fuelless Generator 9 KVA Complete: N550,000 – N600,000
- Fuelless Generator 10 KVA Complete: N650,000 – N700,000
- Fuelless Generator 16 KVA Complete: N720,000 – N750,000
- Fuelless Generator 20 KVA Complete: N790,000 – N830,000
- Fuelless Generator 25 KVA Complete: N850,000 – N900,000
- Fuelless Generator 30 KVA Complete: N950,000 – N1 million
- Fuelless Generator 40 KVA Complete: N1 million – N1.2 million
- Fuelless Generator 50 KVA Complete: N5 million – N1.7 million
- Fabricated fuelless generator: N50,000 – N100,000
- Elichi Fuelless Generator: N300,000 – N400,000
- Fabricated 7.5 KVA Fuelless Generator: N200,000 – N270,000
- 30 KVA Fuelless and Noiseless Generator: N520,000 – N650,000
- Aucan Super Soundproof 15 KVA Fuelless and Silent Generator: N300,000 – N420,000
- Eagle Power Silent 10 kW, 12 kW Electric Fuelless Generator: N270,000 – N350,000
- New 25 KVA Silent Portable Remote Control Fuelless Generator: N600,000 – N750,000
PRICES LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 12, 2022.
From the list above, you will agree that there is still a wide disparity in the prices of these generators. This is mostly because they are not so popular on the market yet. Asides from this, their prices are quite unstable due to a variety of reasons including manufacturers, government policies, and economic factors. We will be on the lookout for price changes and will update this post with new prices as they get changed.
You can purchase fuelless generators at any of the recognized electronic or generator stores in the country. Alternatively, you can check online for these generators, especially on Jiji. However, if you have to buy online, be sure that the vendor you patronize is trustworthy and that the product they are selling is original.
Explaining the Concept of Fuelless Generators
Before we go ahead with this post, it is only wise that we discuss the concept of fuelless generators. A fuelless generator, as the name implies, does not run on any kind of fuel. Instead, it makes use of a DC motor that draws power from a 12 volts 1000 Amps or more battery. This battery keeps recharging itself while the generator is in operation. Thus, it converts the power from the battery into electricity to power your building while recharging the battery.
A fuelless generator is built with a variety of components to ensure that it functions this way. Some of these components include:
- Battery cables
- C. motor
Many Nigerian technicians and engineers already understand the concept behind the working of fuelless generators. As such, we have some locally fabricated fuelless generators on the market. When you check the price list above, you will notice that some of the products are incredibly affordable. These products are locally fabricated.
Advantages of Using Fuelless Generators
Before we even dive into this section, we can already guess that you know some of the advantages of these generators. Regardless, we will outline some exciting benefits of working with fuelless generators below:
- Fuelless generators can run for several hours, far longer than what you get with generators that run on fuel.
- These generators are more environmentally friendly since they don’t produce any smoke or noise while in operation.
- Unlike generators that run on fuel, you can position fuelless generators indoors during operation.
- Fuelless generators require very low maintenance costs.
- They are easy to fabricate and a testament to this advantage is the number of locally fabricated fuelless generators on the market.
- These generators are self-dependent and self-charging.
- You don’t have to spend money on purchasing fuel with these generators.
- Fuelless generators are highly efficient.
Disadvantages of Fuelless Generators
It is not all good news with fuelless generators. As it is with every other product, these generators have their flaws. Here are some of the disadvantages of using fuelless generators:
- They drop in efficiency over a short period of use.
- Fuelless generators are not as durable as generators that run on fuel.
- These generators get damaged easily when soaked with water.
- They cannot run without batteries. As such, you’ll need to purchase a new battery every two to three years.
When you consider the pros and cons, there are more advantages of using fuelless generators compared to the disadvantages. This means that choosing fuelless generators is still a great option.