Oppo has made giant strides since coming on the scene as a smartphone manufacturer. This company has produced an array of beautiful smartphones of very high quality. Recently, Oppo announced the arrival of a new product into the market, the Oppo A94 5G. In this post, we will look at the price of this device as well as its specs and key features.
Price of Oppo A94 5G in Nigeria
Oppo A94 5G can be gotten for anything from N180,000 depending on the place of purchase. The variation in the price is largely due to fluctuations in the currency exchange rate. Also, the period of purchase affects the eventual price of the smartphone.
The smartphone can be purchased in various Oppo outlets or any smartphone stores across the country. They can also be bought directly from various e-commerce stores.
PRICES LAST UPDATED: JULY 15, 2023.
Oppo A94 5G Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 16
- Size: 1 x 73.4 x 7.8 mm (6.30 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41), 5G (Yes)
- Operating system: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Display size: 43 inches, 99.8 cm2(~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: Super AMOLED, 430 nits (typ), 800 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 409 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal memory: 128GB
- Memory card: No
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps; gyro-EIS, HDR
- Selfie camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- Selfie video specs: 1080p@30fps
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: Unspecified
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 4310 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, Quick Charge, Power Delivery
- Colors: Fluid Black, Space Silver, Cosmo Blue
Oppo A94 5G Review
Oppo has promised that the Oppo A94 5G is a slight upgrade on the A94. This device was designed for individuals who didn’t like its predecessor because of its lack of 5G connectivity. Asides from the connectivity upgrade, Oppo also equips this device with a better processor. In this section, we take a look at what makes the Oppo A94 5G tick and some of its inadequacies.
Display and Design
The display and design of any device are very important features. This is because they determine the initial disposition of a user to the device. No wonder Oppo, just like many other smartphone manufacturers, invests in creating top-notch designs.
The Oppo A94 5G has a very similar design to its non-5G predecessor. In fact, it shares the same chassis design as the A94 with the only difference being the color options to choose from. The Oppo A94 5G comes in 3 colors, cosmo blue, space silver, and fluid black. In the A94, what you have are fantastic purple and fluid black.
Moving on from the colors, the rear panel of the Oppo A94 5G features a gradient design. Accompanying this design is a square camera module that plays home to four cameras and an LED flash. There is also a bold inscription that reads “5G” on the rear cover to indicate that this device is 5G-enabled.
Moving to the front of this device, Oppo presents us with a Super AMOLED display that is 6.43 inches in size. This display also plays home to a punch-hole camera located at the top-left of the screen. The display also packs a density of 409 PPI and a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. With all of these put together, you are assured of the most enjoyable viewing experience when using the Oppo A94 5G.
It is almost impossible to discuss a smartphone without mentioning its cameras. Cameras have become so important these days because of social media and digital marketing. So what kind of cameras did the manufacturers of the Oppo A94 5G equip the device with?
This device comes with both rear and front cameras and they are similar to what you have on the A94. The rear camera module sits at the top left corner of the rear panel of the device. It plays home to 4 cameras and an LED flash.
The primary camera of this device packs 48 megapixels while the ultra-wide camera packs 8 megapixels. Along with these, we have the depth camera and macro camera both featuring 2 megapixels each.
Moving up front, this device has a 16-megapixels camera in front. This camera is not as powerful as the 32 megapixels in the front camera of the A94. While the rear camera can shoot 4K videos at 30fps, the front camera can only shoot 1080p videos.
Software and Hardware
The core of any smartphone is its software and hardware. Without both, the device wouldn’t function. Oppo understands this and does a major upgrade on the Oppo A94 5G.
This device features a MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G chipset based on a 7nm process. Oppo makes a major upgrade here as this is higher than the Helio P95 chipset in the A94. Oppo also equips the A94 5G with a Mali G57 MC3 GPU which is an upgrade to the PowerVR GPU in its predecessor.
The device runs on the Android 11 OS that is based on the ColorOS 11.1. This is similar to what you have on the predecessor of this device. Finally, the Oppo A94 5G comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage memory. There is no room to expand on this memory with an SD card.
The Oppo A94 5G features a 4310mAh battery. This is accompanied by a 30-watt fast charging capacity. With this, you are assured of several hours of talk, gaming, and standby time.