Vivo has been serving us with top-quality smartphones for a number of years. This brand is recognized for making affordable devices for the middle and low class of society. It recently announced the arrival of a new product to its V series, the Vivo V21e. In this post, we will be looking at the price of this device, as well as its specs, and features.
Price of Vivo V21e in Nigeria
As of the time of writing this post, the Vivo V21e is yet to hit the Nigerian market. Regardless, we took out time to check the figures available online to come up with a price estimate in naira. After our research, we believe that the Vivo V21e should cost between N115,000 and N130,000 when it gets into Nigeria.
Vivo V21e Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 27
- Size: 2 x 74.4 x 7.4 mm (6.35 x 2.93 x 0.29 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41), 5G (No)
- Operating system: Android 11, Funtouch 11.1
- Display size: 44 inches, 100.1 cm2(~83.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: AMOLED, HDR10, 430 nits (typ)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 409 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal memory: 128GB
- Memory card: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main camera: 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, AF 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera: 44 MP, f/2.0, (wide), AF
- Selfie video specs: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: FM Radio
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 66% in 30 min (advertised)
- Colors: Diamond Flare, Roman Black
Vivo V21e Review
Vivo presents the Vivo V21e smartphone as a budget device with several capabilities. According to the manufacturer, the device is packed with an AMOLED display and excellent cameras. In this section, we take a quick look at some of its key features to see what makes it tick.
Display and Design
It is normal for smartphone companies to focus a lot of effort on making the display and design of each device outstanding. After all, we get to see these features before every other part of the device.
The Vivo V21e comes in a very attractive design that features an ultra-sleek body. This means that it doesn’t just look good, it is very comfortable to handle because of its ergonomic design. When you compare the Vivo V21e to its predecessor, there is a marked reduction in body mass by 6%. Because of this, you can carry this device around easily and also fit it into your pocket or purse without stress.
Vivo gives you the option of choosing either the roman black or diamond flare colors. The V21e looks great in either color because of the dual-tone design of the rear panel. This theme echoes the color schemes of the device. What else is on the rear panel of this smartphone?
It features a rectangular camera module that features 3 cameras arranged in a unique pattern. The LED flash sits just beneath the camera setup which is unlike what you see in most smartphones. Vivo makes use of anti-glare glass to create the overall panel of this device. With this, you still get that premium feel despite the device being in the mid-range class.
What does it place in front of the Vivo V21e? This device features an AMOLED display that is 6.44 inches in dimension. It also boasts of an ultra-high FHD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. With this, users are assured of an amazing visual and immersive experience. Finally, the display is designed to protect your eyes with the automatic brightness adjustment feature.
Camera quality is a very important factor to consider when choosing smartphones today. While the Vivo V21e may be a mid-range device, it features cameras from the top drawer. Vivo equips this device with an impressive 64-megapixel primary camera located on the rear of the device. Accompanying the primary camera in the triple camera setup are the ultra-wide and macro cameras. Both cameras pack 8 megapixels and 2 megapixels respectively.
How does the selfie camera on the Vivo V21e fare? As we mentioned earlier, Vivo beat our imagination by equipping this device with a 44-megapixel front camera. This is far more than what you have in most devices in the same class as the Vivo V21e.
The quality of cameras that Vivo equips this device with promise top-notch images regardless of the environment. One of the things that we love about the primary camera is that it is equipped to shoot 4K, gyro-EIS, and 1080p videos. Also, the selfie camera can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Software and Hardware
The software and hardware of a smartphone sit right at the core of its performance. What does Vivo pack into the V21e in terms of performance? First, this device features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G chipset that is based on an 8nm node. Vivo adds this to an octa-core processor that clocks 2 x 2.3 GHz. It also equips the device with an Adreno 618 GPU for better gaming and graphics functions.
This device runs on Android 11 OS based on the Funtouch 11.1 user interface. It is also equipped with 8GB RAM and internal storage space of 128GB. If the storage space is not sufficient, you can always increase it by adding a microSD card.
This device features a 4000mAh battery that supports a 33-watt fast charge. According to Vivo, the battery can charge from 0% to 66% in 30 minutes.