Xiaomi shows its ability to create gaming-oriented smartphones in the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming. There is so much to love about this device from its display and design to its performance. In this post, we will look at the price of this smartphone, its specs, and finally, a review of its features.
Price of Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming in Nigeria
As it stands, Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming can be purchased for anything from N223,300. The variation in prices can be attributed to some factors including the period of purchase, mode and place of purchase, currency exchange rate at the period. Also, prices of gadgets tend to increase towards the end of the year and during festive periods.
PRICES LAST UPDATED: JULY 27, 2023.
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 27
- Size: 9 x 76.9 x 8.3 mm (6.37 x 3.03 x 0.33 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, CDMA 800), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100, CDMA2000 1x), 4G (LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42), 5G (1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6)
- Operating system: Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Display size: 67 inches, 107.4 cm2(~86.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 395 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB, and 12GB
- Internal memory: 128GB and 256GB
- Memory card: No
- Main camera: 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.7µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide)
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Camera features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps, HDR
- Selfie camera: 16 MP
- Selfie video specs: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR
- Earphone jack: No
- Speaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, color spectrum
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: No
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- Bluetooth: 2, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 5065 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 67W, 100% in 42 min (advertised) Power Delivery 3.0 Quick Charge 3+
- Colors: Black, Gray, Silver, Bruce Lee Yellow
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming Review
As we mentioned above, the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming was designed for gaming, just as the name implies. In this section, we look at the features of this smartphone and how they are tailored towards this purpose.
The design of a smartphone is the first thing that you come across when you see it. Xiaomi understands this and has invested so much in making the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming attractive. The design of this device is quite subtle unlike what you have in the previous Blackshark series. Xiaomi doesn’t make this smartphone carry the easily identifiable look of gaming phones.
The regular variant of this device comes with a text on the rear panel that reads “fighting.” On each side of this text is a straight line that runs from bottom to top. On the other hand, the Bruce Lee variant has this text replaced. What you have is “Bruce Lee Kung Fu” inscribed in white. This text is accompanied by a black line that runs from top to bottom as well.
The rear panel also features LED lights that are stationed at the top and base of the triple camera module. These lights are the only gaming-oriented aesthetics placed on the rear panel. Interestingly, the light serves more purpose than just improving the aesthetics of the device. They also play the role of notification indicators.
What does Xiaomi place on the flip side of the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming? The first thing that you notice in front is the 6.67-inch OLED display. This component is equipped with a middle-positioned punch-hole camera. What else makes this display tick? It has a 395 PPI density, 120Hz refresh rate, and 1080 x 2400 resolution.
The quality of the glass on a smartphone screen is also important. If it is poor, then you’d have to replace it once it drops. Xiaomi understands this and equips this device with a Gorilla Glass 5 to protect the display. The device also features an IP53 rating for its water and dust resistance. Finally, there are 4 color options, Bruce Lee Yellow, Silver, Gray, and Black.
This feature highlights the main reason behind the creation of the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming smartphone. One glance at this device, and you may wonder if it was truly designed for gaming. This is because of the absence of some of the core gaming aesthetics.
While Xiaomi doesn’t show off gaming aesthetics on this device, it equips it with several gaming features. One such feature is the retractable magnetic shoulder buttons. These buttons begin to function once you activate the gaming mode.
Along with these buttons come several other features that give the user an amazing gaming experience. Some of them include the Dolby Atmos support and JBL-tuning stereo speakers.
One aspect of this device that we believe that Xiaomi could have done better with is the camera quality. The camera module on the rear panel features 3 cameras. The main camera comes with 64 megapixels which aren’t so bad for a smartphone. It is accompanied by a macro camera of 2 megapixels and an ultrawide camera of 8 megapixels. The main camera is equipped to shoot 4k videos at 30fps.
In front, Xiaomi presents us with a camera of 16 megapixels. This is lower than the 20 megapixels in the front camera of the K40 Pro. With this camera, you can shoot videos of 1080 at 30fps.
We cannot discuss the quality of a gaming smartphone without discussing its battery life. This device comes with a 5065mAh battery. With this battery, you are guaranteed more gaming time on a full charge.