Vivo is fast becoming a famous smartphone brand, especially in Africa. This is because the company creates very affordable yet high-quality smartphones. Not too long ago, Vivo announced that it was adding a new product to its V product line, the Vivo V21. We will be discussing the price of this device as well as its specs and features.
Price of Vivo V21 in Nigeria
At the time of crafting this post, the Vivo V21 is yet to arrive on the shores of Nigeria. However, we took time out to check the figures available online to come up with a price estimate of the device in naira. Based on our research, we believe that the Vivo V21 should cost between N145,000 and N160,000 when it finally arrives.
Vivo V21 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 27
- Size: 7 x 73.9 x 7.3 mm (6.29 x 2.91 x 0.29 in)
- Number of SIMs: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41), 5G (No)
- Operating system: Android 11, Funtouch 11.1
- Display size: 44 inches, 100.1 cm2(~84.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 409 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal memory: 128GB
- Memory card: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main camera: 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, AF 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera: 44 MP, f/2.0, (wide), AF
- Selfie video specs: 4K@30fps (no OIS), 1080p@30fps
- Earphone jack: No
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: No
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 63% in 30 min (advertised)
- Colors: Dusk Blue, Sunset Dazzle
Vivo V21 Review
Vivo presents us with a mid-range but top quality smartphone in the Vivo V21. This device boasts excellent cameras along with several other amazing features. Is this smartphone worth investing in? Let’s find out by checking its different key features.
Display and Design
Vivo is recognized for creating very attractive designs for its smartphones. There is no doubt that the design and display of a smartphone are two very important features. Users come in contact with these features first so it is important to impress them with top-notch designs.
This is exactly what Vivo does with the display and design of the Vivo V21. The rear panel of this device features a matte glass design. Vivo marries this to an ultra-slim body that is just 7.29 mm thick to give a very attractive smartphone. With the size of this device, carrying it around and putting it in your pocket or purse is very easy.
Another thing that we love about the rear panel of the Vivo V21 is its scratch-resistant nature. This assures the user against scratches and other stains. The rear panel also features a camera module that has a triple camera setup along with an LED flash. Lying towards the bottom-left of this device is the “Vivo” logo to add some uniqueness to the device.
Let’s look at the front of this device to find out what Vivo places there. Vivo equips the V21 with a waterdrop notch and an AMOLED display that is 6.44 inches long. The display boasts a resolution of HDR10+ 1080 x 2400 pixels. It features a refresh rate of 90Hz, peak brightness of 500 nits, and aspect ratio of 20:9. Overall, Vivo does a great job with the display and design of the Vivo V21.
The cameras of a smartphone are very important to most users today. They determine whether most people will purchase a smartphone or not. This is because cameras help to freeze memories in time both in video and jpeg format. How well did Vivo do with the cameras of the V21?
The rear camera module is quite flat and features a triple camera setup. Its primary camera features 64 megapixels while the ultra-wide camera packs 8 megapixels. This camera module also features a macro camera that packs 2 megapixels, similar to what you have in most smartphones.
Where we are more impressed is the selfie camera that Vivo places in the front of this device. This camera packs 44 megapixels, a lot more than what is obtainable in many smartphones. The selfie camera also comes with other features such as EIS and OIS. Together, they provide the user with quality photos and videos.
Both the front and rear cameras are capable of shooting 4k and 1080p videos. Additionally, the rear camera can shoot gyro-EIS videos. The LED flash of this device ensures that you can shoot very clear pictures in dark environments.
Software and Hardware
The software and hardware of a smartphone are paramount to its operation and performance. Without these components, the device won’t work properly and all the other features will be useless. Vivo equips the Vivo V21 with a MediaTek Dimensity 800U chipset. This chipset is based on a 7nm process.
Vivo also adds an octa-core processor to the package to ensure that the device runs without hanging. There is an Adreno 618 GPU that controls the graphics and gaming functions. This device packs 8GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage space. You can always expand the memory by inserting a microSD card.
The Vivo V21 packs a 4000mAh battery that features a 33-watt fast charge technology. According to Vivo, this battery can charge from 0% to 63% in 30 minutes.