Oppo has built a strong reputation for producing high-quality yet mid-range smartphones for the African market. Its devices feature very attractive designs, top-notch software and hardware, and great cameras. Recently, the tech giant announced the arrival of another product, the Oppo K9. In this article, we will show you how much this device costs, as well as its specs and key features.
Price of Oppo K9 in Nigeria
As of the time of putting this article together, the Oppo K9 is yet to arrive on the shores of Nigeria. Notwithstanding, we went ahead to check through the figures available online to come up with a price estimate. From our findings, the Oppo K9 should cost between N108,500 and N120,000 when it hits Nigerian retail stores.
Oppo K9 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, May 06
- Size: 1 x 73.4 x 7.9 mm (6.26 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2, CDMA 800), 3G (HSPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100, CDMA2000 1x), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41), 5G (1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA)
- Operating system: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Display size: 43 inches, 99.8 cm2(~85.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: Super AMOLED, 90Hz, 430 nits (typ), 750 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 409 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7250-AC Snapdragon 768G 5G (7 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal memory: 128GB and 256GB
- Memory card: No
- Main camera: 64 MP, f/1.7, (wide), PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide) 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera: 32 MP, f/2.4, (wide)
- Selfie video specs: 1080p@30fps
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: No
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Bluetooth: 0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 4300 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 100% in 35 min (advertised)
- Colors: Black, Aurora
Oppo K9 Review
Oppo announced the Oppo K9 as the successor to the K7 5G. This device is the first of all the smartphones in Oppo’s K series to have a “high refresh rate.” In this section, we will check out the different features of this device to see if it is worth investing in.
The Oppo K9 comes in two different colors, aurora, and black. Both variants have gradient designs and Oppo adds the use of the “gradual color” technology. Because of this technology, you may consider the color of the rear panel quite unpredictable from a distance. Different positions of the device reveal different color shades which is one of the most attractive features of this device.
Another thing that we love about the Oppo K9 is its size. This device’s dimensions in millimetres are 159.1 x 73.4 x 8.00. Also, it weighs about 172 grams. Match the dimensions and weight and you come up with a very portable device that is easy to carry around. Overall, Oppo did a great job designing the Oppo K9 as it matches other devices within the same price range.
The base of this device plays home to the microphone and speaker. It also houses the headphone jack as well as a small opening for the microphone.
One aspect of this device that we think most people are going to love is the display. Oppo equips the Oppo K9 with a Super AMOLED display. If you know anything about smartphone display technology, you will agree that this is the best on the market today. This screen has an aspect ratio of 20:9, a density of 409 PPI, and a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
The display of this device also offers users a maximum brightness of 430 nits and 730 nits in the day. It also features a refresh rate of 90Hz and a max contrast of 1 million:1. One of the biggest advantages of the display of the Oppo K9 is that it is engineered not to consume lots of power. Oppo definitely did a great job with the display of this device.
While the rear camera module features just 3 cameras, Oppo equips this device with better cameras all round. The main camera of this device packs 64 megapixels while the ultra-wide camera packs 8 megapixels. There is a macro camera that packs 2 megapixels, similar to what you have in most devices.
The cameras of this device support AI beauty, AI recognition light, and super anti-shake 3.0. You will enjoy amazing resolution from the primary camera which proves to be sharp in different environments. The front camera of this device comes with 32 megapixels, far more than what you have in its predecessors.
Software and Hardware
The Oppo K9 is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset that is paired with an octa-core processor. With this, your device will run several apps simultaneously without hanging. It also features the Adreno 620 GPU for better gaming and graphics functions.
This device features two internal memory variants. They are the 128GB and 256GB variants. Both variants are equipped with 8GB of RAM. This device also runs on the Android 11 operating system based on the ColorOS 11.1 platform.
The Oppo K9 packs a non-removable 4300mAh battery. While this may seem small, it is equipped with 65-watt fast-charge technology. As such, this device can reach a full charge from 0 percent after just being plugged in for 35 minutes.
While this seems quite incredible, we are not exactly sure that it is an exact estimate. Notwithstanding, the battery charges pretty fast and you are assured of long hours of use upon each full charge.