Augmentin is one of the very popular drugs in Nigeria today. With various infections reported by patients in recent times, it is easy to see why the drug has gained so much popularity in a short period. The drug primarily contains Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid, a combination of penicillin-type antibiotic that is mainly used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections.
This antibiotic, which only treats bacterial infections, is readily available in Nigeria and this post takes a look at how much it goes for in Nigeria today.
Cost of Augmentin in Nigeria
Augmentin is readily available in Nigeria and comes in different milligrams. They are available in packs and sachets and vary in the number of capsules. On average, you can purchase a pack of Augmentin for anything between N3,600 and N5,000 depending on the milligram strength and the number of capsules in the pack or sachet.
Please see below the estimated cost various milligrams of Augmentin goes for in Nigeria as gathered in the current market.
- 1000 mg of Augmentin (pack of 14 tablets) – N5,500 – N6, 000
- 625 mg of Augmentin (pack of 14 tablets) – N4,700 – N5,000
PRICES LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 29, 2022.
How to Use Augmentin
Before you use the drug, it is important for you to shake the bottle well. Cautiously measure the dose using the special measuring spoon in the pack. Using a household spoon might not get you the accurate quantity required. It is also essential to take this medicine with a meal or snack, as prescribed by the doctor. Depending on your precise product, this drug is typically taken every 8 or 12 hours.
The prescribed amount is based on your age, weight, medical condition, and patient’s response to treatment. To get the very best effect, patients are usually advised to take this antibiotic at squarely spaced times. To help with this, it is usually helpful to take this medication at the same period every day.
Patients are advised to continue to use this medication until the full prescribed quantity is finished, even if symptoms vanish after a few days. Discontinuing the medication too early may further allow bacteria grow, which could result in a reoccurrence of the infection. Patients are also advised to inform their doctors in cases where symptoms persist after using the drug and completing the dosage.
Possible Side Effects of Augmentin
Like many other sensitive drugs, Augmentin has its own side effects. These side effects come in various types and vary heavily per person. Also, while some are temporal and lasts within days and weeks, patients might need to. In some cases, Diarrhoea, nausea, or vomiting could occur.
If any of these effects continue or exacerbate, patients are advised to inform the doctor or pharmacist quickly. Taking this drug with food will help to lessen stomach upset tendencies. Based on reports, though, only a few percentages of the people that use the medication complain of side effects.
Patients are also implored to inform their medical practitioners right away if any of the following rare but serious side effects occur: dark urine, persistent nausea/vomiting, severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, easy bruising/bleeding, new signs of infection (such as fever, persistent sore throat), unusual tiredness.
This drug may rarely result in a severe intestinal condition (Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea) due to a type of resilient bacteria. This ailment may occur in the course of treatment or weeks to months after usage has stopped. When patients experience any of these symptoms, it is advised they contact their medical doctor as using anti-diarrhoea drug could worsen the situation. Inform the docor right away if you develop: persistent diarrhoea, abdominal or stomach pain/cramping, blood/mucus in your stool.
Use of this drug for protracted or repeated periods may effect in oral thrush or a fresh yeast infection. Reach out to the doctor if you observe white patches in your mouth, an alteration in vaginal discharge or other new similar symptoms.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is infrequent. Nonetheless, get therapeutic help right away if you observe any symptoms of a stern allergic reaction, which could include one or more of the following – rash, itching/swelling (particularly of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
Amoxicillin can ordinarily cause a slight rash that is usually not severe. However, you may not be able to even notice this or tell the difference – whether it is a normal rash or a reaction to the drug. This is why it is advisable to seek medical attention as soon as possible should these signs occur.
Before taking this medication, inform your doctor or pharmacologist if you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid. Also inform them if you are allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin antibiotics; or if you have any other similar allergies. This medication may contain inactive ingredients, which could cause allergic reactions or other problems.
Before using this medicine, you should also inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history, especially in cases of liver diseases, which could include liver problems caused by prior use of amoxicillin/clavulanic acid), kidney disease, and other similar ailments.
This medicine may contain aspartame. If you have phenylketonuria (PKU) or any other illness that needs you to reduce/avoid aspartame (or phenylalanine) in your regime, it is advisable to ask your doctor or pharmacist about the condition before using this pill. You should also inform your doctor about all the drugs you are using, especially, for ones like Augmentin.
- NeoLife Products Price List in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Doxycycline Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Clomid Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Azithromycin Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Augmentin Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Neurovit Forte Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Double Stemcell Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Amoxicillin Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Dostinex Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Podophyllin Cream Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Prices of Vitamin E Oil & Capsule Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Best Malaria Tablets in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Combination-3 Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Best Blood Tonics in Nigeria & Prices (December 2023)
- Spanish Gold Fly Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Prices of Apple Cider Vinegar in Nigeria (December 2023)
- BF Suma Products Price List in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Lonart Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Greenlife Product and Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Ulcer Kit (Ulsakit) Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Pregnacare Plus Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Wellkid Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)
- P-Alaxin Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Permethrin Cream Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Cost of ARV in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Alpha Testo Boost Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Cost of Pregnacare in Nigeria (December year])
- Addyzoa Prices in Nigeria (December 2023) + Uses & Dose
- Cellgevity Price in Nigeria (2023) & Other Details
- Parlodel Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Proargi9 Plus Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Wellwoman Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)
- STC30 Supplement Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Appeton Weight Gain Price in Nigeria (December 2023)
- Livolin Forte Prices in Nigeria (December 2023)