After a long busy day or a hot night, nothing usually feels better than a soothing soak in a bathtub. Apart from the fact that it makes you feel way more relaxed and eases the stress, relaxing in the tub also gives you the opportunity to stretch your legs and relax in a soothing soapy warm water, and sometimes, ice.
While the enormous advantages of bathtubs cannot be argued, there are still debates on how much the various types go for. With various brands, types, and manufacturers of bathtubs increasing in the market today, it is essential to consider how much various types go for and where they can be purchased.
Prices of Bathtubs in Nigeria
Nigeria has been a huge market for bathtubs in recent times, with modern houses and hotels adopting this in their bathrooms. Estimating the price they go for can be tricky though, as there are many times in the market today. These types vary in shape, sizes, designs and ultimately, prices. Here are the various types of Bathtubs and their Prices in Nigeria today.
Alcove Bathtubs & Prices
The alcove bathtub is the most common type of bathtub in Nigeria today. This is largely because it is one of the cheapest and easiest to install. This type of bathtub is a hands-on style that combines ease and functionality.
The alcove bathtubs are also available in different types. They usually have a shower head positioned towards the top and are designed to ensure convenience when in use. They are perfect options for bathrooms with tight spaces.
Depending on the type you are going for, you can purchase this type of bathtub for anything between N70,000 and N300,000. Factors like the design, the material used, the height, location and sometimes, place of purchase affect the variation of the price.
Price range – N70, 000 – N300, 000
Free Standing Bathtubs & Prices
Freestanding tubs are the types of bathtubs designed whereby it does not require any support and is not attached to a wall. They are usually designed to stand either on a feet or on a base aimed to support the tub’s weight.
They are not the most common bathtub types in Nigeria and are usually found in modern houses with enough space in the bathroom. They usually occupy more space than most other types of bathtubs largely because they are not tucked into one corner. It is regarded as one of the most stylish bathtubs and one of the most expensive.
Price range – N350,000 – N500,000
Drop-in Bathtubs & Prices
The Drop-in tubs is also referred to as the platform bathtubs. This type of bathtub provides only the elementary shell of the tub. They usually do not have a side that is finished. The drop-in bathtub require a more complex fixing process, since outside enclosure needs to be well-installed as well as the tub itself.
While this type is more costly than the generic alcove bathtub, they are not as expensive as the freestanding type and will require even more to be installed due to its complexity. On the average, this type of bathtub can be purchased for anything between N200, 000 and N400, 000.
Price range – N200,000 – N500,000
Other Types & Prices
There are many more types of bathtubs but the ones listed above are the most popular. Another popular bathtub is the Jacuzzi Massage tub which goes for anything between N500,000 and N700,000.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Bathtub
Bathtubs are a luxury and is becoming a trend in modern day bathrooms in homes and hotels in Nigeria today. This type of bath setting gives you a calming experience when you need to invigorate yourself. With a lot of various types, classes and ranges of bathtubs available in the market today, it is getting increasingly difficult to point which one to get. To reduce your options, it is essential to take a look at some factors to consider when buying a bathtub. Here are some of those factors
Consider the Type You are going For – Bathtubs are available in various types. As already stated in sections above, these types vary in designs and sometimes, features. You need to pinpoint the exact type you want to buy.
Consider the Size – Bathtubs don’t come in the same sizes. It is essential to choose the size you are going for. This should be based on the amount of space in your bathroom and the essence of the bathtub.
Consider the shape – This is another core factor to consider when buying a bathtub. You need to go with a shape that fits what you need the tub for. The comfort of use of the tub has a lot to do with the shape. Oval and round-shaped tubs are more modern and classier, although some argue that rectangular tubs are more fitting in certain bathroom settings.
Consider Your Budget – Bathtubs come in different types and they vary in prices. It is essential for you to know how much you want to spend on the tub and go for a tub within the range. Bathtubs can be as low as N70, 000 or as high as N700, 000 depending on what you are going for.
Consider the Materials – One of the core things to also consider is the material the tub is made of and from. Most tubs in Nigeria have this acrylic construction which ensures the inner part of the tub is hollow. Some others are made of metal. Some are even made with concrete and natural stones, although these types are heavier.
- Types of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria & Their Prices (2021)
- Tower Aluminum Roofing Price List (November 2021)
- China Doors Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Borehole Drilling in Nigeria in 2021
- Prices of Plumbing Materials in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Softwood Prices in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Prices of Steel Rods (Reinforcements) in Nigeria (2021)
- Berger Paints Nigeria Price List (2021)
- Prices of WC Seats in Nigeria (2021)
- Nigerite Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Cost of Foundation for 3-Bedroom Flat in Nigeria
- Dulux Paint Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- The Cost of Decking in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Land in Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Sheet Glass in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Prices of Virony Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- White Cement Price in Nigeria (2021 Updates)
- POP Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Rain Water Collector Prices in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Transparent Roofing Sheet Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Security Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- Dangote Cement Price Today (November 2021)
- Berger Paints Nigeria Price List (November 2021)
- 1500L Water Tank Prices in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Prices of Asbestos Ceiling in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Floor Tiles Prices in Nigeria (Per Square Meter) 2021
- Cost of Kerbs in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria in 2021
- Prices of Doors in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Water Storage Tank Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- PVC Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Turkish Doors Prices in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Price of Suspended Ceiling in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Cost of Wood for Roofing in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Price of SMC Ceiling Fans in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Building Blocks in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Value Paints Prices in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Cost of Bathtubs in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Window Blind Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Building a 3-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Aluminium Roofing Sheets in Nigeria (2021)
- Current Price of Cement in Nigeria Today (November 2021)
- Interlocking Paving Stones Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- The Cost of Granite in Nigeria (November 2021)
- Cost of Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)