Roofing sheets are one of the most important materials required for a building project. Apart from the fact that they serve as a form of covering for the building, they also, in their own way, add elegance and beauty to the house. The importance of picking the right roofing sheets cannot be underestimated. It is one thing to get roofing sheets, it is another to get the right roofing sheets that fit the type of building and does the work for you.
Roofing sheets are available in different types and sizes. They are made from different materials like Zinc, Aluminium, etc. These types of roofing sheets vary in durability, overall efficiency, quality and prices. Some roofing sheets last longer than the others.
Roofing sheets have one of the biggest markets when it comes to building materials in Nigeria. Since they are extremely essential to building projects, you will expect their demand to be very high, especially in a country where structures are being built daily. This has attracted lots of mattress manufacturers all over the world and hence, the introduction of various types of roofing sheets to the market. Gone are the days when there are just few brands of roofing sheets in the country. Today, one can be overwhelmed with the various types and brands available.
In this post, we will take a look at the various types of roofing sheets in Nigeria and how much they cost in the market.
- Prices of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria
- A. Stone-Coated Roofing Sheets: Types & Prices in Nigeria
- Advantages of stone-coated roofing sheets
- Aluminium Roofing Sheets: Types & Prices in Nigeria
- Fibre Britment Roofing Sheets: Types & Prices in Nigeria
- Swiss Roofing Sheets: Types & Prices in Nigeria
- Read This Before Choosing Your Roofing Sheet: Important Notes
- Trusted Roofing Sheets Dealer in Nigeria: Our Recommendation
- Prices of Building Materials in Nigeria
Prices of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria
Roofing sheets vary in sizes, designs, quality and prices. While there are lots of choices to pick from in the market today, it is important to pick the best for you based on the type of structure and of course, your taste. Roofing sheets has a special way of beautifying a building and it only makes picking the right colour, design and type more important.
Here, we will take a look at the various types of roofing sheets available and how much they go for in the market. We will only consider roofing sheets available in Nigeria.
Do you need a trusted roofing sheets dealer that can deliver anywhere in Nigeria? Then we recommend Engr. Imran Ayub. He is highly experienced and trustworthy. Not only would he enlighten you on the best options for you, but he’ll also offer you top quality roofing sheets at the best prices available. You can reach him on 08085310359. Scroll down to find out more on why we recommend him.
A. Stone-Coated Roofing Sheets: Types & Prices in Nigeria
Stone-coated roofing sheet is popular in the big cities in Nigeria. This type of roof sheet combines durability with elegance. It is regarded as one of the most lasting roofing sheets in the country. They are available in different sizes and designs. The roofing sheet is made from steel or similar metal sheets. They are coated with chips from stones fixed on the acrylic film to ensure strength, reliability, and beauty.
Unlike some other types of roofing sheets, stone-coated sheets don’t rust. This type of roofing sheet is more expensive than most other types of sheets, but the investment always pays off and they are worth the price. They tend to last longer, are more reliable, and withstand harsh temperatures better than most other types of roofing sheets. The maintenance is easy and most of the time, building owners don’t ever need to replace the sheets.
Here are prices of the various stone-coated roofing sheet designs
- Milano design – 0.55 mm thick – N3,400 per square meter
- Classic design — 0.55mm thick — N3,400 per square meter
- Bond design — 0.55 mm thick — N3,300 per square meter
- Shingles design – 0.55 mm thick – N3,400 per square meter
- Wooden Shake design – 0.55 mm thick – N3,400 per square meter
- Roman design – 0.55 mm thick – N3,400 per square meter
Pictures of various designs of stone-coated roofing sheets
Advantages of stone-coated roofing sheets
Even though they are expensive, stone-coated roofing sheets come with the following advantages:
Long-lasting beauty: You’re unlikely to find anyone who would dispute the fact that stone-coated roofing is by far more beautiful than options available in Nigeria right now. If you’re a stickler for anything the impresses and shows off class, then this is the right option for you.
Soundproof: When it’s raining, you’ll barely hear it as the raindrops fall on your roof. If you’re not comfortable with the noise made by the impact of the rain on your roof, then stone-coated roofing is your best bet.
Lightweight: The lighter the weight of your roofing, the better for your building. This is because heavy roofing puts excess burden on the building structure and can lead to cracks or even breakdown in buildings that are not well constructed. Using stone-coated roofing is one of the best ways to escape this problem.
Fire and heat resistant: The stone coat on the roofing makes it hard for it to catch fire. Moreover, the stone coat makes the roofing more resistant to heat. If you want to minimize heat in your building during the sunny season, go for stone-coated roofing.
Aluminium Roofing Sheets: Types & Prices in Nigeria
This is another popular roofing sheet in Nigeria. Although it is one of the most sought after, aluminium roofing sheets are not as strong as stone-coated roofing sheets as thy have a tendency of rusting after some while. This doesn’t take away their quality though; they still remain one of the bestselling roofing sheets in the country.
Aluminium roofing sheets offer great durability and are highly reliable. Most dealers every guarantee over 50 years usage of the roofing sheet irrespective of the change in weather or temperature. One downside about aluminium roofing sheets is the noise it makes when rain falls. Here are the prices of some types of aluminium roofing sheets available in Nigeria.
|Sheet Type||Price for 0.45mm||Price for 0.55mm|
|Long span aluminium||N2,100 per meter||N2,700 per meter|
|Step-tile aluminium||N2,400 per meter||N2,800 per meter|
|Metcoppo aluminium||N2,500 per meter||N2,900 per meter|
Pictures of the various designs of aluminium roofing sheets
Fibre Britment Roofing Sheets: Types & Prices in Nigeria
There was a time this type of roofing sheet was on the rise. In fact, it ruled the market and was on everyone’s lip at that moment. Although it still maintains its quality and great ruggedness, it has gone down in terms of market value and customer choice. This top quality roofing sheet is reliable, rugged and does the job for you in the finest of fashions. Here are the prices of some of the most common types of Fibre Britment roofing sheets available in Nigeria.
- Fibre britment roofing sheets cost 3,400 naira per square metre
- Fibre britment step-tile roofing sheets cost 4,900 naira per square metre.
Swiss Roofing Sheets: Types & Prices in Nigeria
When it comes to beauty, class, elegance and durability, you can only mention a few roofing sheets in the class of Swiss Roofing sheets. They are not the most popular roofing sheet type in Nigeria. This is largely due to how expensive they are. A standard Swiss Roofing sheet costs between N4,000 – N5,000 per square meter.
It should be noted that the variation in prices is as a result of some factors including the period and place of purchase, year of production of the sheets and when necessary, currency exchange rate and tariff charges.
Note that the prices of building materials vary and can change anytime. While we have gathered priced based on the current market, we don’t guarantee how long these prices will not change anytime soon.
Read This Before Choosing Your Roofing Sheet: Important Notes
The woodwork for each type of roofing sheet is different. Stone-coated roofing requires close-fixing of the underlying wooden framework. So, if you’re going for stone-coated roofing, get ready to spend a lot more on the woodwork.
Decide on your roofing type before doing your woodwork. This is because the woodwork for a type of roofing might not be usable for another type. For example, the woodwork for longspan aluminium roofing won’t work for step-tile aluminium roofing. Similarly, the woodwork for step-tile aluminium won’t work for stone-coated roofing. However, the woodwork for stone-coated roofing can work for any type of roofing.
Both step-tile aluminium and stone-coated roofing sheets are available in various brands and quality levels. So, you need to be wary of dishonest roofing contractors who quote the price of high quality, more expensive brands and buy cheaper, low-quality brands that would fade off after few years. To save yourself from such people, we recommend that you get your roofing sheets from our recommended trusted dealer (see below)
Trusted Roofing Sheets Dealer in Nigeria: Our Recommendation
Do you need a trusted and highly experienced roofing sheets dealer that can deliver anywhere in Nigeria? Then we strongly recommend Engr. Imran Ayub whose company is in Lagos. (But they deliver nationwide).
We’re recommending Engr Imran Ayub’s company because he would take his time to enlighten you on what you need, how much you should budget, and other important information you need to know. More importantly, he sells only top quality roofing sheets that come with convincing warranties, and his prices are the best you can get.
You can reach Engr Imran Ayub on 08085310359
Prices of Building Materials in Nigeria
- Nigerite Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Types of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria & Their Prices (2021)
- Cost of Foundation for 3-Bedroom Flat in Nigeria
- Price of SMC Ceiling Fans in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Sheet Glass in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Cost of Building a 3-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of WC Seats in Nigeria (2021)
- Dulux Paint Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Virony Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria in 2021
- Prices of Doors in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Security Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- Turkish Doors Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Price of Suspended Ceiling in Nigeria (July 2021)
- 1500L Water Tank Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Interlocking Paving Stones Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Dangote Cement Price Today (July 2021)
- Cost of Kerbs in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Floor Tiles Prices in Nigeria (Per Square Meter) 2021
- Water Storage Tank Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Aluminium Roofing Sheets in Nigeria (2021)
- Value Paints Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Land in Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Wood for Roofing in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Window Blind Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- China Doors Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Borehole Drilling in Nigeria in 2021
- The Cost of Decking in Nigeria (2021)
- PVC Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Plumbing Materials in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Berger Paints Nigeria Price List (2021)
- Current Price of Cement in Nigeria Today (July 2021)
- Cost of Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Asbestos Ceiling in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Softwood Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Steel Rods (Reinforcements) in Nigeria (2021)
- White Cement Price in Nigeria (2021 Updates)
- Prices of Building Blocks in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Cost of Bathtubs in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Rain Water Collector Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- The Cost of Granite in Nigeria (July 2021)
- POP Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)