When it comes to building a house, one of the most important things to consider is the projected overall cost. While there are a lot of challenges involved from the planning stage to the construction of a house, one of the main issues people intending to build or already building a house is estimating how much the whole project will cost.
In this post, we will take a look at how much it costs to completely build a 3-Bedroom Bungalow.
Cost of Building a 3-bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria
- Substructures == N2,500,000 – N5,000,000
- Frames == N220,000 – N400,000
- Internal & External Walls == N1,050,000 – N2,000,000
- Roofing == N1,500,000 – N2,800,000
- Doors == N540,000 – N1,000,000
- Windows == N970,000 – N1,800,000
- Wall finishes == N1,080,000 – N2,000,000
- Floor finishes == N860,000 – N1,650,000
- Ceiling finishes == N320,000 – N600,000
- Plumbing installations == N510,000 – N850,000
- Electrical installations == N550,000 – N1,100,000
- Fittings & Fixtures == N400,000 – N800,000
- TOTAL == N10,500,000 – N20,000,000
PRICE LAST UPDATED: July 16, 2021
Building a 3-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria
Estimating a definite amount it costs to build a 3-Bedroom bungalow is almost close to impossible. This is because there are several factors that affect the estimated amount the whole process will go for.
Factors like the location of the site, period of construction, prices of materials to be used and sometimes, currency exchange rate for materials that might need to be imported affect the overall estimate building a 3-bedroom flat goes for.
In this section, we will categorize the whole construction process into various stages to allow for easier analysis.
It is generally difficult trying to estimate how much a plot of land goes for in Nigeria. This is because there are quite a number of factors that affect the price variation of land. Usually, the prices plots of land go for is dependent on the location. In certain cases, the same plot of land in the same area go for different prices.
Depending on the size of the 3-bedroom bungalow you are looking to construct, you are expected to utilize at least a plot of land for a standard 3-bedroom bungalow. If you are looking to have a big compound though, you might need to go for more than 1 plot. As it stands, one plot of land can cost as low as N400, 000 and as high as 100 million naira or higher, depending on the location. To be on the safe side though, it is always advisable to acquire core documents like the Certificate of Occupancy when paying for a plot of land.
Drafting a Building Plan
Do not make the mistake of drawing your house plan yourself, except you are an architect. It is always essential to consult a professional architect to help with the planning design. For an archetypal 3-bedroom flat plan, the design usually costs between N50,000 and N700,000 depending on the professional consulted, the complexity of the structure, and sometimes, the location.
Foundation Stage (Including Soakaway)
This is where the real work begins. The main determining factor of the eventual cost of this process is the amount the required materials go for. In addition, the amount to pay for workers varies.
Construction to Lintel Level
Here, factors like the design, the type of material to be used and other related factors affect the number of blocks, for instance, to be used. The cost of this stage includes payment for the whole block work, labour, lintel casting, and other materials to be used during the construction process.
This is another important stage that cannot be escaped and one the owner of the structure need to pay huge attention to. Generally, the overall amount that will be spent here will depend on the type of roofing you are going for, the material to be used and the forte of the workforce. Also, it is essential to note that there are advantages and disadvantages associated with the type you go for.
When trying to estimate how much the finishing will cost, it is essential to include plastering cost, wiring cost, overall plumbing cost, cost of fixing all windows and doors, cost of flooring and other similar expenses.
The cost of this stage hinges on the number of rooms, sorts of materials you are considering to use, cost of workforce (which varies greatly depending on the location) and other similar factors.
When building a 3-bedroom flat, it is essential to have done a background check of the likely amount to be spent on the project. This post helps bring the information to you! Also, please note that apart from the budget already projected, it is vital to also budget for miscellaneous expenditures that will come up during construction.
On average, based on the estimate above, you should expect to spend a total of anything between N10.5 million and N20 million for a typical 3-bedroom bungalow, although this could be even slightly cheaper in rural areas.
- Dulux Paint Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Wood for Roofing in Nigeria (July 2021)
- White Cement Price in Nigeria (2021 Updates)
- Cost of Building a 3-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)
- The Cost of Granite in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Sheet Glass in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Rain Water Collector Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Cost of Aluminium Roofing Sheets in Nigeria (2021)
- Water Storage Tank Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- Price of Suspended Ceiling in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Interlocking Paving Stones Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria in 2021
- The Cost of Decking in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Asbestos Ceiling in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Window Blind Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Nigerite Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Security Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Plumbing Materials in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Types of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria & Their Prices (2021)
- Floor Tiles Prices in Nigeria (Per Square Meter) 2021
- 1500L Water Tank Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Steel Rods (Reinforcements) in Nigeria (2021)
- Current Price of Cement in Nigeria Today (July 2021)
- Value Paints Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of WC Seats in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Virony Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- Turkish Doors Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Doors in Nigeria (July 2021)
- China Doors Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- PVC Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- POP Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Berger Paints Nigeria Price List (2021)
- Cost of Borehole Drilling in Nigeria in 2021
- Prices of Building Blocks in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Cost of Bathtubs in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Dangote Cement Price Today (July 2021)
- Cost of Foundation for 3-Bedroom Flat in Nigeria
- Cost of Kerbs in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Softwood Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Land in Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria (2021)
- Price of SMC Ceiling Fans in Nigeria (2021)