Building one’s own house is everyone’s dream. While some people have found a way to crack the challenges involved in the various processes of raising a structure, many people still have one or two challenges in this aspect.
One of the main challenges when planning to build an apartment is knowing where to start from and budgeting accordingly. It is essential to have an idea of how much is needed to complete the construction of a typical house to ensure a smooth construction process without serious hindrances.
In this post, we will take a look at how much it costs to completely build a 4-bedroom Bungalow from scratch.
- Cost of Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria
- How Much Does It Cost to Build a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria?
- Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow: Stages Involved
- Cost of Drafting a Building Plan
- Related Stuff
Cost of Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria
- Substructures == N3,375,000 – N6,750,000
- Frames == N270,000 – N540,000
- Internal & External Walls == N350,000 – N940,000
- Roofing == N1,350,000 – N2,700,000
- Doors == N675,000 – N1,350,000
- Windows == N1,215,000 – N2,430,000
- Wall finishes == N1,350,000 – N2,700,000
- Floor finishes == N1,080,000 – N2,160,000
- Ceiling finishes == N405,000 – N810,000
- Plumbing installations == N675,000 – N1,250,000
- Electrical installations == N675,000 – N1,450,000
- Fittings & Fixtures == N540,000 – N1,080,000
- TOTAL == N13,500,000 – N27,000,000
PRICES LAST UPDATED: July 17 2021
How Much Does It Cost to Build a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria?
Estimating the actual amount to build a 4-bedroom bungalow can be very difficult. This is because there are several factors that affect the estimated amount the whole process will go for. For instance, you wouldn’t expect to spend the same amount to build a 4-bedroom in places like Lagos and some other less-expensive places like Ondo State or Northern Nigeria.
However, the breakdown given above has factored in these variations. And from figures we got from seasoned quantity surveyors, the cost of building a 4-bedroom bungalow in Nigeria is between N13.5m and N27m.
Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow: Stages Involved
Here, we will consider how much it costs, on average, to build a standard 4-bedroom bungalow. To make this easier, we will categorize the processes into stages, starting from buying land to running finishing touches to the structure.
Buying a Piece of Land
This is the very first step to take when planning to build a 4-bedroom bungalow. It is usually difficult trying to estimate how much plots of lands go for as there are many factors to consider. Generally, the prices plots of land go for depending on the location. In fact, it is even possible to see the same plot of land in the same area go for different prices.
Areas with expensive costs of living have remarkably expensive lands and those in remote areas don’t cost as much.
Depending on the size of the 4 bedroom bungalow, the minimum of a plot of land should be able to fix a standard 4 bedroom flat, although most people prefer to go for more than a plot to ensure the building and compound has adequate space.
Cost of Drafting a Building Plan
This is the next cost to estimate. You will require a professional architect to help with the planning design. For a typical 4-bedroom flat plan, the design usually costs anything between N50,000 and N400, 000 depending on the architect, complexity of the structure you want and the location.
Foundation Stage Plus Soakaway
This is the next main step after securing land and drawing the building plan. There are different types and techniques for constructing foundations and they all vary in price. In recent times, professionals have advised to test the soil type before determining the type of foundation to go for.
Setting to Lintel Level
This is where the main block work starts. As stated earlier, it is tricky to estimate the actual amount that will be spent at this stage because it depends on several factors. Factors like the design, the type of material to be used and other similar factors affect the number of blocks, for instance, to be used.
The cost of this stage includes payment for the whole block work, labour, sand, lintel casting, and other materials to be used during the construction process.
This is one of the core stages that chunk a large part of the whole budget. While the overall estimate you will spend here depends on the type of roofing you are going for, the material to be used and the strength of the work force, it is still essential to note that there are pros and cons associated with the type you go for.
The projected budget here should include plastering cost, wiring cost, overall plumbing cost, cost of fixing all windows and doors, cost of flooring and other similar expenses. It is worth noting that the cost of this stage hinges on the number of rooms, sorts of materials you are considering to use, cost of manpower (which varies heavily depending on the location) and other similar factors.
There are a lot of things involved when building a 4-bedroom bungalow. Apart from the budget already estimated above, it is essential to also budget for miscellaneous expenses that will pop up during construction.
On the average, based on the estimate above, you should expect to spend a total of anything between N13 million and N27 million for a standard 4-bedroom bungalow, although building the same in rural or developing areas in Nigeria can be on the cheaper side.
- Prices of Asbestos Ceiling in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Cost of Building a 3-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)
- 1500L Water Tank Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Doors in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Value Paints Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Berger Paints Nigeria Price List (2021)
- The Cost of Decking in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Wood for Roofing in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Turkish Doors Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Land in Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria (2021)
- Dulux Paint Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of WC Seats in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Sheet Glass in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Building Blocks in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Types of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria & Their Prices (2021)
- Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria in 2021
- Window Blind Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- The Cost of Granite in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Cost of Foundation for 3-Bedroom Flat in Nigeria
- Prices of Plumbing Materials in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Water Storage Tank Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- Current Price of Cement in Nigeria Today (July 2021)
- Rain Water Collector Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Nigerite Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Interlocking Paving Stones Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- White Cement Price in Nigeria (2021 Updates)
- Price of Suspended Ceiling in Nigeria (July 2021)
- POP Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Dangote Cement Price Today (July 2021)
- Floor Tiles Prices in Nigeria (Per Square Meter) 2021
- Cost of Bathtubs in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Cost of Kerbs in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Prices of Virony Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Security Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- Softwood Prices in Nigeria (July 2021)
- Cost of Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)
- PVC Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Borehole Drilling in Nigeria in 2021
- Price of SMC Ceiling Fans in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Steel Rods (Reinforcements) in Nigeria (2021)
- China Doors Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Aluminium Roofing Sheets in Nigeria (2021)