What attracts you the most in a house? Picture this: You step into a friend’s house, a decorated living room with amazing wall hangings, beautifully designed arts, wonderful couches, attractive doors all over and some very nice ceiling glaring at the top of your head. You then look down to see some very dull and unattractive flooring. How do you think that will affect your view of the house? Disappointing, I am sure.
The importance of a beautiful flooring cannot be overemphasized. While it might not be the first thing you notice in a house, it is well among the main factors that determine the class and beauty of a building. That being said, no one talks about beautifying a floor without the mention of floor tiles.
Importance of floor tiles have gone beyond just beautifying a house, they now have a way of making the house feel “homely”, warm and solid. In architectural science, floor tiles are gaining more importance every day. Whether in the office, hotel rooms, service rooms, living rooms, malls, airports, floor tiles help make a big impression and radiates class of their own.
Floor tiles are available in different designs, colours, and types. They are also available in various grades and qualities, making them vary in prices. Given the rate at which structures are being built every day in Nigeria, one can expect the floor tile market to be among the most trending. The varying types of these tiles available today only make the choice of picking the right tiles for your house more difficult.
Floor tiles mostly come in square blocks. They are made from various materials which include ceramics and stones. In Nigeria, the most common type is the ceramics and they are available in various sizes. It should be noted that tiles are picked based on the kind of room. For example, you wouldn’t expect to floor your kitchen or bathroom with some slippery tiles. Instead, you should go for materials that are less slippery.
In this post, we will take a look at prices of tiles in the current market in Nigeria. We will also take a look at basic factors to consider before picking a particular tile to floor your house.
Prices of Floor Tiles in Nigeria
Floor tiles are available in different sizes and types, hence, vary in prices. Floor tiles can be expensive. Basically, their prices depend heavily on the type and design of the ones you are going for. In most cases, tiles designed for living rooms are generally more expensive than ones used for bathroom or kitchen floors. It is also important to consider installation charges.
Aluminium roofing Floor tiles can be purchased directly from the manufacturers or distributors across the country. For convenience, they can also be purchased via online stores and other contemporary roofing sheets stores around.
Floor tiles are available different types, colours and designs. Let us take a look at the prices of various types in the market today.
Vitrified tiles price in Nigeria
- 30×30 pack – N1,000 – N1,500
- 40×40 pack – N1,200 – N1,500
- 30×60 pack – N1, 450 – N1, 600.
Ceramic tiles price in Nigeria
- 30 × 30 pack – N1,200 – N1,500
- 40 x 40 pack – N1, 400 – N1, 750
Unpolished Porcelain Price in Nigeria
- 40 x 40 – N2, 500 – N3, 000
- 30 x 60 – N3, 500 – N4, 000
Polished Porcelain Price in Nigeria
- 30 x 30 – N2, 500 – N2, 750
- 40 x 40 – N2, 700 – N3, 000
Granite Tiles Price in Nigeria
- 30 x 30 – N5, 250 – N5, 500
- 40 x 40 – N6, 500 – N6, 750
- 30 x 60 – N5, 500 – N6, 000
- 60 x 60 – N7, 900 – N8, 000
Things to Consider Before Buying Floor Tiles
Knowing the exact type of floor tiles to buy can be challenging. The various types available in the market today have only made the decision more difficult. To streamline your options and pick the best floor tile for you, there are some factors you need to put into consideration. Some of these factors include;
- Tile Location: This is one of the most important factors to consider. In fact, it should be the first you consider. Where you plan on installing the tiles affects the type and size of tiles you buy. Floor tiles for sitting rooms are usually shiny, attractive and quite slippery. This type of tiles cannot be used for the kitchen or bathroom. Consider where you want the tiles installed.
- Tile Design: While some people prefer using the same tile size and design all through, some others believe different sizes and designs of still add more colour and elegance to the house. It is important to note which you want.
- Budget: Tiles vary in prices. Generally, porcelain tiles are more expensive than ceramics, they are also more durable and reliable. This doesn’t take away the fact that ceramic times wouldn’t do the job perfectly well for you. Consider your budget and go for what you can afford.
See Prices of Building Materials in Nigeria
- Berger Paints Nigeria Price List (2021)
- Nigerite Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (May 2021)
- Prices of Doors in Nigeria (May 2021)
- Current Price of Cement in Nigeria Today (May 2021)
- Prices of Virony Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of WC Seats in Nigeria (2021)
- Turkish Doors Prices in Nigeria (May 2021)
- 1500L Water Tank Prices in Nigeria (May 2021)
- The Cost of Granite in Nigeria (2021)
- Window Blind Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Dangote Cement Price Today (May 2021)
- Prices of Land in Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria (2021)
- White Cement Price in Nigeria (2021 Updates)
- Cost of Bathtubs in Nigeria (May 2021)
- Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria in 2021
- Cost of Building a 3-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Security Doors in Nigeria (2021)
- China Doors Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Prices of Plumbing Materials in Nigeria (May 2021)
- Dulux Paint Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- The Cost of Decking in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Building a 4-Bedroom Bungalow in Nigeria (2021)
- Water Storage Tank Price List in Nigeria (2021)
- Types of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria & Their Prices (2021)
- Cost of Aluminium Roofing Sheets in Nigeria (2021)
- Price of SMC Ceiling Fans in Nigeria (2021)
- Floor Tiles Prices in Nigeria (Per Square Meter) 2021
- Cost of Borehole Drilling in Nigeria in 2021
- PVC Ceiling Prices in Nigeria (2021)
- Cost of Foundation for 3-Bedroom Flat in Nigeria