The Ford brand has been around for over a century. Specifically, it was incorporated in 1903. In fact, it is one of the oldest American automobile brands still around today. While they are known for their inclination to building big vehicles, Ford has also produced some small cars in recent times. The reason for this could be the increasing demand by customers and the need to compete with saloon car makers.
The history of Ford is so rooted in the American tradition, with most of its government agencies and bodies patronizing the brand. In fact, Ford is responsible for many of the SUVs used by American security agencies like the CIA, and others. Most of the time, these vehicles are pre ordered based on unique specifications, and are not commercialized.
As the years went by, the Ford brand started growing in popularity in Nigeria. There’s no information as to when it came, but many sources believe Nigerian migrant returnees from the US came along with one or two Ford brands, enticing other Nigerians who became interested. Today, there are Ford dealers in most parts of the country, especially Briscoe.
Ford Explorer and Escape are two amazing brands that have dominated the SUV market among the creme de la creme for years. Plus, the idea of American cars not having their parts in the Nigerian market is gradually fading away, especially with more people buying them. This is also true about these two SUVs.
- Ford Explorer and Ford Escape Prices in Nigeria.
- Brand New Ford Explorer Price
- Foreign Used (Tokunbo) For Explorer Prices
- Locally Used Ford Explorer
- Ford Escape Prices in Nigeria
- Brand New
- Foreign Used (Tokunbo) Ford Escape
- Locally Used Ford Escape
- Check current prices of other cars in Nigeria
Ford Explorer and Ford Escape Prices in Nigeria.
Amazingly, the Ford Explorer and Escape models are still being produced today. Both vehicles have survived several generations and gone through several modifications and changes based on demand and evolving technology. Apart from the brand new product, you will also find foreign used and locally used products in the market.
Brand New Ford Explorer Price
- Ford Explorer Limited 4.6 === N80,000,000 – N100,000,000
Foreign Used (Tokunbo) For Explorer Prices
- Ford Explorer Limited 2016 === N26,000,000 – N31,000,000
- Ford Explorer 4.0 === N7,700,000 – N10,800,000
- Ford Explorer Limited 2012 === N8,000,000 – N12,000,000
- Ford Explorer XLT Sport 4.6 === N8,500,000 – N13,000,000
- Ford Explorer Limited 4.0 4×4 2014 === N8,800,000 – N10,600,000
- Ford Explorer AWD Limited 4.0 2004 === N1,500,000 – N3,000,000
- Ford Explorer XLT === N7,800,000 – N9,500,000
Locally Used Ford Explorer
- Ford Explorer Limited 4.0 4×4 === N5,000,000 – N10,000,000
- Ford Explorer Limited 2016 === N16,000,000 – N19,000,000
- Ford Explorer AWD Eddie Bauer 4.0L 2012 === N4,500,000 – N9,000,000
- Ford Explorer 2004 === N1,200,000 – N2,000,000
- Ford Explorer XLT 2014 === N7,000,000 – N11,000,000
Ford Escape Prices in Nigeria
- Ford Escape 2017 === N14,500,000 – N19,000,000
Foreign Used (Tokunbo) Ford Escape
- Ford Escape SE 2013 === N7,000,000 – N8,500,000
- Ford Escape 3.0 2015 === N10,000,000 – N12,000,000
- Ford Escape Limited 4WD 2009 === N2,500,000 – N4,000,000
- Ford Escape 2012 === N4,500,000 – N6,200,000
- Ford Escape Limited 4WD V6 2008 === N2,500,000 – N4,000,000
- Ford Escape 2009 === N2,500,000 – N4,200,000
- Ford Escape 2008 === N2,500,000 – N4,500,000
Locally Used Ford Escape
- Ford Escape 2002 === N400,000 – N900,000
- Ford Escape XLT 2005 === N650,000 – N1,350,000
- Ford Escape 2004 === N550,000 – N850,000
- Ford Escape XLT 2.3 4WD 2008 === N1,000,000 – N1,500,000
- Ford Escape Limited 4WD V6 2005 === N700,000 – N1,200,000
What you should know about the Ford Explorer
The Ford Explorer is an SUV series produced by Ford that has witnessed five generational changes since its introduction. These models have been introduced to meet the demands of Ford’s teeming users. Since 1990 till date, Ford has continued to satisfy the automobile desires of its customers, using a high range of explorer models.
Ford has produced three different classes of the Explorer; the Compact SUV produced between 1991 and 1994, the mid-size SUV between 1995 and 2010 and the full-size crossover SUV that has been produced since 2011. It was produced to replace the Ford Bronco II. There are two-door and four-door body styles, the former known as the Ford Explorer Sport, and the latter being the first of a series of Ford’s 4-door SUVs.
A look at the powertrain reveals a range of engines ranging from the 2.0L EcoBoost Turbocharged I4 for Front-Wheel drive only to the 3.7 L Cyclone Ti-VCT V6 all-wheel drive only. The transmission also range from 6-speed 6F automatic w/overdrive to the 6-speed 6F selectshift with paddle shifters.
Things you’d like about Ford Explorer
Like with many other Ford Models, the Ford Explorer commands great respect from car enthusiasts around the world. But what are those specific things you’d like about the brand?
Comfort: Undoubtedly, this is a very comfortable ride. Getting in and out is a piece of cake. The design offers great back support and causes no aches.
Good Mileage: As one of the debut SUV vehicles in the United States, it had to have something that made it worth it. The vehicle is not just rugged but runs really good too.
Weather Friendly: As expected with most other SUVs, this vehicle does well in any kind of weather, scorching hot or cold, heavy downpours.
Road Friendly: We all know how Nigerian roads can be sometimes. Perhaps, there’s a spot that has always caused your present car to break down frequently. The Ford Explorer is one vehicle that can surmount pot holes and all of that.
Great Interior Accessories: From seat upholstery, GPS, DVD touchscreen, to several other plugins and all of that, you get so much awesomeness with this vehicle.
Things you may not like about the Ford Explorer
First of all, the Explorer, especially the recent models, is an expensive vehicle running into tens of millions.
Secondly, it is not meant for people who like small cars. It is a large SUV and has a lot of space within too.
Things you should know about the Ford Escape
This is a very compact SUV, perhaps, one if the most compact you can find around. It uses the inline-four engine and an optional V6 engine provide by Ford. It has been produced for three generations, each having different nomenclatures and specifications since 2000. It is still being produced today, and has had some level of franchise partnership with Mazda and the Kuga brand.
Things you’ll like about Ford Escape
The Escape goes beyond having a beautiful interior and exterior look and a sleek profile. It is also an amazing ride. So what are some of those things to look out for?
- The Ford Escape Crossover SUV gives you amazing sporty handling for that thrill or a lifetime.
- Its user-friendly tech features also makes the vehicle a home away from home, clearly enhancing your convenience.
- The space for cargo and luggage is quite large, maybe not the largest but enough to put in some bags and gears.
Things you may not like about Ford Escape
- Premium interior means you’ll spend a lot trying to maintain it.
- It doesn’t have fuel economy. Like we’ll like to say in Nigeria, “it burns fuel”.
- The vehicle itself is expensive. Not the most expensive the brand offers though, but it does come with some expense. The spare parts are also quite expensive and hard to come by. It takes an expert mechanic to handle and fix mechanical or electrical issues when the need arises.
Check current prices of other cars in Nigeria
- Honda Accord Evil Spirit & Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes Benz Cars & Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Honda Discussion Continues: Prices in Nigeria 2019
- Price of Range Rover Sport in Nigeria (2019)
- Honda Crosstour Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Kia Car Prices in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Lexus GX470 & GX460 Prices in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Prices of BMW X4, X5 & X6 in Nigeria (2019)
- Ford Explorer & Escape Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Hyundai Creta Prices in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Golf 3, 4, 5 & 6 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes GLE 450 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Price of Hyundai ix35 in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Bicycle Prices in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Prices of Tokunbo Cars in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Mercedes 4matic Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Power Bike Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Peugeot 206 Prices in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Prices of Hyundai Cars in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Car Battery Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Lexus RX300, RX330 and RX350 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of Acura ZDX in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes G-Wagon Prices in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Prices of Ford Edge in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Hyundai i10 Prices in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Nissan X-Trail & Qashqai Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Peugeot 406, 407 & 408 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Kia Picanto Prices in Nigeria (September 2019)
- Peugeot 301 & 307 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Tokunbo Cars in Cotonou & Prices (September 2019)
- Prices of Lexus ES300, ES330 & ES350 in Nigeria (2019)
- Nissan Pathfinder & Xterra Prices in Nigeria (2019)