There has been a recent surge in the world of automobiles, especially as it relates to bikes. Certain stereotypes have either been dropped or no longer hold sway. Biking has seen several generations and periods in mankind history. First, as a simple tool for transportation, then as a racing tool, and so on. In all this time, there was a gradual demystification in the use of bikes.
There was a time when people saw Power Bikes as something meant for the young and youthful generation, especially single guys and ladies. They considered the idea that a bike would not cater for a family. But, perhaps, maybe that is where they’ve got it wrong. Biking is a unique activity on its own. Whether for sport or leisure, it gives you a moment to soak in nature and feel the winds glace through your hair.
Power bikes are also synonymous with speed. You can’t help it. They are built to be fast. So if you’re not ready for a breathtaking experience of amazing speed and edginess, a Power bike is probably not for you. There are various brands on the market, depending on your preference, taste, budget and specifications. Some of them are Yamaha, Ducati, Honda, BMW, Kawasaki, and even Harley-Davidson.
In cities like Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, and even Calabar, it is common to see power bikes gliding through busy traffic or a team of bikers having a go at each other during evening rides. But just how much does a power bike cost. Obviously, the prices would expectedly depend on several factors.
The truth is that there are not so many dealers of power bikes in Nigeria. It is not a very popular tradition but definitely commands a growing market. There are Tokunbo and locally used power bikes for sale in different parts of the country and at different prices. Let’s take a look…
Power Bike Prices in Nigeria (Brand New, Tokunbo and Locally Used)
Note that these prices have been collated with the consideration that all things remain equal. In the event where, for example, a locally used Power Bike is in a better condition than a Tokunbo bike of the same make and model, the locally used may be more expensive.
- Ducati Superbike 2017 (Brand New) === N4,500,000 – N5,500,000
Tokunbo Power Bike Prices in Nigeria
- Kawasaki 400cc Power Bike 2014 (Black) === N1,600,000 – N1,850,000
- Kawasaki 600cc Power Bike === N700,000 – N1,100,000
- Kawasaki GPZ Power Bike === N800,000 – N920,000
- Yamaha YZF 2011 === N2,500,000 – N3,500,000
- Yamaha R1 Power Bike === N680,000 -N900,000
- Yamaha R6 600cc Power Bike 2005 === N750,000 – N1,200,000
- Yamaha MT-03 2010 660cc Power Bike (White) === N600,000 – N900,000
- Honda 2002 900cc Power Bike === N2,000,000 – N2,500,000
- Honda CBR 600cc Power Bike === N750,000 – N1,100,000
- Ducati Monster 700cc Power Bike 2013 === N2,000,000 – N2,500,000
- Harley Davidson 2014 Power Bike === N5,200,000 – N6,000,000
- BMW S-Series === N3,500,000 – N4,500,000
- BMW R-Series === N800,000 – N1,500,000
- Buell XB Series 2009 === N1,700,000 – N2,500,000
- Qasa Qlink Power Bike === N420,000 – N600,000
Locally Used Power Bike Prices in Nigeria
- Kawasaki 400cc Power Bike 2014 (Black) === N500,000 – N800,000
- Kawasaki Vulcan 2010 Power Bike (Silver) === N850,000 – N1,150,000
- Suzuki Gsxr 4000- 600 (Yellow) Manual Power Bike 2002 === N450,000 – N700,000
- Sinoki Supra 150 Power Bike === N150,000 – N300,000
- Haojin Power Bike HJ-150-50 Fabio === N150,000 – N300,000
- Electric Power Bike === N300,000 – N480,000
- Suzuki Epicuro Power Bike === N180,000 – N320,000
- Yamaha YZF-R6 Power Bike (Black) === N120,000 – N320,000
- Peugeot Power Bike (Blue) === N200,000 – N380,000
- Honda Power Bike 900cc 2003 === N180,000 – N480,000
Things you should know about power bikes
Just when you think you’re going to miss that important appointment due to traffic, it hits you that you have a bike sitting in your garage. Power Bikes are not just convenient, fast and durable, they can easily maneuver tough traffic situations too and get you where you need to be in good time. This is one amazing feature of a power bike. Power Bikes can go as fast as 300 km/h, making them way faster than most cars. But what makes them so fast?
One major reason is the fact that a power bike has an engine that only carries two wheels. Plus, it doesn’t have to bear the weight of 4 or 5 people, a heavy metal roof, AC system, huge chairs and so on. But that is not all. Power Bikes are also almost not regulated in terms of speed safety or limit. However, it is advisable that the rider takes his own precautions while he rides.
Furthermore, Power bike engines range from internal 2-stroke to 4-stroke combustion engines. The latest Harley Davidson Power Bike, for instance, has a Liquid cooled REVOLUTION X™ V-Twin engine with an engine torque of 29.5 FT-LB.
Things you will like about power bikes
I once heard a man say some of the best moments he’s had in life were on a bike. While this sounds exaggerated, you cannot possibly describe the excitement and thrill you feel riding a bike.
Speed: When you need to get anywhere on time and beat deadlines, a power bike is your best bet, especially if you don’t have an idea of the traffic situation. A bike gets you there fast, meandering through stuck vehicles and buses.
Efficiency: Power bikes are also very efficient because they are very hard workers and have very good mileage too. They can travel very far and cover great distances, making them a good alternative to your car.
Durability: Durability is another amazing quality that a power bike offers. It is made with very tough parts that can withstand some level of pressure as well as resist wear or damage. They are not cheap items and are usually built with apt quality.
Safety: It is also quite safe to ride a power bike. Because they are built for speed, they are also built to possess great balance. From the handles to the wheels and even the grandness of the frame, it is quite rare to see a power bike lose its stand. You’ll agree with me that the accident rate of power bikes is actually very low.
Adventure: In a country like Nigeria, there’s truly not much adventure to see or experience. Having a power bike gets you as close to one as possible. Watch how you glide between cars on the highway, looking on as though the world stands still.
Things you might not like about power bikes
As thrilling and exciting as power bikes can be, there are still some things you may not like about them. These include;
Cost: Although understandably so, Power bikes are expensive, even more than some cars. Some people may not see the need to buy a Power bike for N5,000,000 when they can get two good cars with that money.
Not Family Friendly: A power bike Is also not family friendly, especially when you have kids. The best a bike can do is carry one person apart from the rider. Families larger than 2 cannot go on a ride together using a power bike.
Parts: Recently, some stores have opened which store power bike parts for replacement. However, these stores are not as many as we’d want and the parts are also quite expensive due to this.
Current prices of cars in Nigeria
- Bicycle Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Car Battery Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Ford Explorer & Escape Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Golf 3, 4, 5 & 6 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Honda Accord Evil Spirit & Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Honda Crosstour Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Honda Discussion Continues: Prices in Nigeria 2019
- Hyundai i10 Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Kia Car Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Kia Picanto Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Lexus GX470 & GX460 Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Lexus RX300, RX330 and RX350 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes 4matic Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes Benz Cars & Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes G-Wagon Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Mercedes GLE 450 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Nissan Pathfinder & Xterra Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Nissan X-Trail & Qashqai Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Peugeot 206 Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Peugeot 301 & 307 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Peugeot 406, 407 & 408 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Power Bike Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Price of Range Rover Sport in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of Acura ZDX in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of BMW X4, X5 & X6 in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of Ford Edge in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Prices of Hyundai Cars in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Prices of Lexus ES300, ES330 & ES350 in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of Tokunbo Cars in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Prices of Toyota Hilux in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Prices of Toyota RAV4 in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Tokunbo Cars in Cotonou & Prices (May, 2019)
- Toyota Camry 2005 Price in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Camry 2007 Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Camry 2008 Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Camry 2010 Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Camry 2012 Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Camry Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Corolla 2003 Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Corolla Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Highlander Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Nigeria Cars & Price List (May, 2019)
- Toyota Sienna Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)
- Toyota Venza Prices in Nigeria (May, 2019)