The Volkswagen brand has been in existence for more than 80 years now, specifically, since 1937. It is a German automobile maker with presence in almost every part of the world. This origin is a factor responsible for its prestige and respect amongst people all over the world; the Germans are known for their prowess in machines and automobiles. With respect to other nations, the Germans have a track record that has accorded them the famous term “German machine”.
- Golf 3 Prices in Nigeria
- What you should know about the Golf 3
- Golf 3 prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- Golf 3 prices in Nigeria (locally used)
- Golf Mk4 prices in Nigeria
- Golf 4 prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- Locally used Golf 4
- Golf 5 Prices in Nigeria
- Golf Mk5 prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- Locally used Golf 5
- Golf 6 Prices in Nigeria
- Golf Mk6 prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- Locally Used Golf 6
- Check current prices of other cars in Nigeria
Golf 3 Prices in Nigeria
The Volkswagen Golf Mk3, or what we refer to as ‘Golf 3’ in Nigerian language, is a small-sized, portable family car. It is the third of its kind in the Volkswagen Golf series and was made as a successor to the Volkswagen Golf Mk2. Production of the Golf Mk3 spanned from 1991 through 1999. Volkswagen’s Mk3 was voted ‘European car of the Year’ for 1992-the first Volkswagen to win this award. And as you can rightly guess, the car has quite some unique features that make it worth consideration.
For example, it was designed with several choices that offer flexibility from 60ps (44kw;59 hp) @ 5200rpm – 194ps (143 kw; 191 hp) @ 5800rpm. In addition, it comes with a range of top speed from 157 km/h (98 mph) to as high as 250 km/h (155mph). As a result, if you’re up for some speed, the 2.8VR6 whose model is AAA might be a good match for you. Although, let’s face it, this isn’t the Fast and Furious 7, so don’t go unrealistically expecting the car to go as fast a thunderbolt.
What you should know about the Golf 3
The Golf Mk3 is available in several models including an estate (Golf variant) and a convertible launched as the Cabrio. Surprising though is the fact that the convertible is not quite as popular as the other models especially here in western Africa. Perhaps Nigerians didn’t favor it or didn’t have access to have it imported. Things like this make you want to live in Europe or North America-you get to see all the nice cars as soon as they are made. The Golf Mk3 usually comes with a front engine (no, it isn’t at the back of the car) and either a front-wheel drive or a syncro four-wheel drive. As you can rightly guess, a four-wheel drive makes the Golf Mk3 easier to handle on the road while giving the driver a much more balanced feel while driving. The front-wheel drive which is a more popular version of the car, has its own luxuries to it such as allowing for more maneuvering while driving and at the same time giving the driver easy control of the automobile.
All versions of the Golf Mk3 come in a standard height of 4, 074mm (160.4inches). the width is specifically 1,694mm (66.7inches). There are variations to the wheelbase of the car with units being made from 1991-1995 having 2,471mm (97.3inches) while those made from 1996-1999 having 2,474mm (97.4inches). The slight increase in the later model makes them more balanced on the road.
Since production of the Golf Mk3 ceased in 1991, it is impossible to acquire a brand new one. They don’t just make them anymore. The options available to acquiring one is to either buy a Tokunbo or a locally used one.
Golf 3 prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- N700,000 – N1, 200,000
Golf 3 prices in Nigeria (locally used)
- N400,000 – N700,000
Things you will like about the Golf Mk3
- Engines: The Golf Mk3 comes with more leverage of choice with regards to powerful engines than the Golf Mk1 and Mk2.
- Safety: The Mk3 has been rumored to be bombproof, although I wouldn’t bank on it — its too expensive a joke. That aside, it measures pretty well as do Volkswagen cars on the occupant safety bar.
- Comfort: The Mk3 is a bit roomy for its size as it allows for a measure of comfort while driving. Add-ons and accessories can be purchased to the vehicle to enhance driver experience.
Things you may not like about the Golf Mk3
The Golf Mk3 is not as much as a driver’s car as either the Mk1 or the Mk2 in terms of running cost.
Golf Mk4 prices in Nigeria
The Volkswagen Golf Mk4 was produced between 1997 & 2004. It’s a compact car (small sized family car) that can easily accommodate a family of four. Unfortunately, you can’t get a brand new Golf Mk4 as production ceased about 14 years ago. Phew, what a long time. What you can get however, is the Tokunbo and Nigerian used versions. Here’s a look at their prices:
Golf 4 prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- N900,000 – N1,500,000
Locally used Golf 4
- N350,000 – N650,000
Things to know about the Golf Mk4
The Volkswagen Golf Mk4 is the fourth generation in the Volkswagen Golf series. For its ingenuity and style, it went on to become the bestselling car in Europe in 2001, a position it held till 2002. Like the Golf Mk3, it comes with a front engine, a front wheel drive and a four-wheel drive. Careful consideration of the Golf Mk4 would produce the thought that the car was an intentional strategy to advance the Volkswagen Golf series from a low end car into a more luxurious automobile. The car comes with a wheelbase of 2,517mm (98.9inches) and R32:2,517mm (99.1inches). the length and the height come in slight modifications based on the year of production and the Mk4 Golf type. The Mk4 boasts of several transmission type speeds such as 4-speed automatic, 5-speed tiptronic automatic, 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual and 6-speed DSG.
What you’ll like about the Golf Mk4
- Quality: The Golf Mk4 was Volkswagen’s first dramatic shift into making cars with a premium feel. As a matter of fact, the quality of the Golf was on a par with its sister, Audi A3, made just a year earlier.
- Cost: For its quality, the Mk4 is actually a very affordable car in comparison with the other cars in that line of excellence. For specifics, it has a highly tunable 4 cylinder turbo charged 20 valve engine with great fuel economy.
- Engines: The engines in the Golf Mk4 set new benchmarks when they were launched, and they often came with 6-speeds transmission. Talk about powerful engines.
What you might not like about the Golf 4
For starters, running costs for the vehicle can get a bit itchy on your pockets.
Also, there isn’t a convertible version of the Mk4 Golf in case you’re a fan of convertibles.
Golf 5 Prices in Nigeria
The Volkswagen Golf Mk5, codenamed Typ 1, and as you rightly guessed, is the fifth generation of the Volkswagen Golf. It is a successor and of course, an improvement to the Volkswagen Golf Mk4. It was produced around 2004-2009, so obviously its no longer being produced. What you can get is the Tokunbo and Nigerian used versions.
Golf Mk5 prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- N1,200,000 – N1,800,000
Locally used Golf 5
- N450,000 – N800,000
Things to know about the Golf 5
The Golf Mk5 has its own subtle look to it that disguises its true genius. With a simple observation of the car, you will notice that its styling is quite unique and yet simple enough to alert trained eyes as to its brilliance. Little wonder therefore the Volkswagen Golf series sits comfortably on the podium of the World’s bestselling cars-the Golf Mk5 obviously contributed their quota in making this a reality. The engines and transmission type vary from country to country. Available types includes 4-cylinder, 5-cylinder, and 6-cylinder petrol engines and Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI) diesel engine. As for the transmission options, manual, automatic, tiptronic and Direct-shift Gearbox (DSG) are available. The layout comes with a front-engine, front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive.
What you’ll like about the Golf 5
- Safety: In 2004, the Mk5 received a 5 star Euro NCAP rating. The 2010 edition of the Monash University’s Used Car Safety Ratings found that the Golf Mk5 provides an “excellent” (five out of five stars) level of occupant safety protection in the event of an accident. It’s a pretty safe car by most safety standards, so it’s a good buy.
- Handling: The Golf Mk5 delivers an exquisite riding experience. This is due in part to the suspension changes from the previous Mk4. Equally, careful tuning of the chassis makes the Golf Mk5 a good drive.
What you might not like about the Golf Mk5
- The Golf Mk5 was expensive to build and that would obviously reflect in the purchasing costs.
- The Golf Mk5 lacks the interior quality of the previous generation, even though by all standards it is still of high quality.
Golf 6 Prices in Nigeria
As the sixth of its kind in the generation of the Volkswagen Golf, the Golf Mk6 is a major improvement to the Mk5 with a claimed productivity improvement of nearly 20%. Essentially, the Mk6 is a remake of the Mk5 rather an all-new design. Production began in 2008 and while other variants of the Mk6 ended in 2014, the Cabriolet is still in production till date. As is common with the Volkswagen Golf generation, the car layout includes a front engine, and comes in variants of front-wheel drive and 4motion four-wheel drive.
The length of the car is 4,199mm (165.3 inches) with the GTI (a model) being 4,213mm (165.9inches). The height is 1,479mm (58.2inches) with the GTI being 1,469mm (57.8inches). The wheelbase spans 2,578mm (101.5inches) while the width is an impressive 1,779mm (70.oinches). The engines come under different options such as petrol engine, liquefied petroleum gas engine and diesel engine. Unless you are gunning for MK6 Golf Cabriolot, you wouldn’t get brand new Golf MK6 models. This implies that you have to buy Tokunbo or Nigerian used ones.
Golf Mk6 prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- N1,400,000 – N1,900,000
Locally Used Golf 6
- N550,000 – N800,000
Things to know about the Golf MK6
There are several methods of the Golf MK6. A face lifted variant MK5 Golf variant model was introduced in 2009 as the MK6. Another is the Golf plus that was revealed in December 2008 at the Bologna Motor Show. The golf R unveiled at the Frankfurt IAA on the 15th September 2009, it has nice upgrades such as lower compression Gorgod Pistons, enlarges wrist pins, stronger piston rings, relocated bypass valve, strengthened connecting rods and the like.
What you’ll like about the Golf 6
- Upgrade: The car offers some hands on upgrade in terms of features and looks to the MK5. All of these combine to make it a worthy upgrade to its predecessor.
- Handling: with its front wheel drive and four wheel drive variants, the MK6 proves to handle quite well in a variety of conditions, making it a good partner for our Nigerian roads.
- Safety: as you would expect, the Golf MK6 comes installed with some safety features including a standard 7 air bag system. It is actually a quite safe car.
What you might not like about the Golf 6
The operational cost of the car is a bit on the high side. So you might want to put that into consideration when taking a decision.
Check current prices of other cars in Nigeria
- Bicycle Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Honda Discussion Continues: Prices in Nigeria 2019
- Lexus GX470 & GX460 Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Prices of Acura ZDX in Nigeria (2019)
- Golf 3, 4, 5 & 6 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Tokunbo Cars in Cotonou & Prices (August 2019)
- Power Bike Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Lexus RX300, RX330 and RX350 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes 4matic Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Ford Explorer & Escape Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Nissan X-Trail & Qashqai Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of BMW X4, X5 & X6 in Nigeria (2019)
- Kia Picanto Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Kia Car Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Price of Hyundai ix35 in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Prices of Lexus ES300, ES330 & ES350 in Nigeria (2019)
- Honda Crosstour Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Nissan Pathfinder & Xterra Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Hyundai i10 Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Mercedes GLE 450 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes G-Wagon Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Prices of Tokunbo Cars in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Car Battery Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes Benz Cars & Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Peugeot 206 Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Hyundai Creta Prices in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Peugeot 406, 407 & 408 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Honda Accord Evil Spirit & Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of Ford Edge in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Price of Range Rover Sport in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of Hyundai Cars in Nigeria (August 2019)
- Peugeot 301 & 307 Prices in Nigeria (2019)