You wouldn’t be blamed much if you mistake Kia Picanto to be a massive mobile toy at first glance. It isn’t just because of its size, its design and general exterior doesn’t help its cause of being taken seriously. Have this at the back of your mind though: Kia Picanto isn’t just a car, it is a machine.
Kia Picanto is a tiny car, and a huge one. Kia needs to be specially applauded for the creativity in the inventory of Picanto. Although the manufacturing company has been making strides in other segments with amazing vehicles like Kia Sportage and the Cee’d, their best inventory and one of their most sold, still remains the Picanto.
Nigerians love creativity, this is one reason they have embraced this amazing Kia vehicle and will undoubtedly continue to savor its overall quality. Although it took a while for Picanto to find its footing in Nigeria after its launch in 2004, the tiny vehicle has, since its introduction to Nigeria, busted into the automobile market and made its mark as one of the most sold Kia products in the nation.
Its small size has been its main selling point, with people vying for the car mainly because of its shape. As small as the Picanto is, it commands even more attention than some other bigger cars that’s to its uniqueness and wonderful features.
One of the most talked about issues when it comes to Picanto is the price. While some believe it should be cheap and very affordable, some others think the prices should go head-to-head with bigger cars because of the features it boasts of. Here, we will take a look at the prices of the various models of this unique car. We will consider the prices of the brand new, foreign used and locally used versions of the vehicle.
Prices of Brand New Kia Picanto in Nigeria
Kia vehicles are generally easy to get. They are readily available and you need not overstress yourself to buy one. They can easily be purchased directly from the manufacturers or from any distributor all over the world.
With a lot of users appreciating the concept of Picanto, Kia have been encouraged to manufacture more, maintaining its uniqueness in size but advancing in technology and general on-road operation. Although Kia is not the most popular of brands in Nigeria, its Picanto commands the floor in the class of small cars and has attracted more interest from this part of the world.
The brand new version of the latest model of Kia Picanto ranges between N4.8 million – N5.4 million naira in Nigeria. Factors including currency exchange rate and custom clearance tariffs play a huge part in the variation of the prices.
Prices of Foreign Used (Tokunbo) Kia Picanto in Nigeria in 2018
It is no news that the Tokunbo vehicles have the market in Nigeria at the moment. Ever since Nigerians have come to the understanding that there is just a little difference between brand new and neat foreign used cars, most of them have opted to get foreign used cars. Thankfully, almost every model of any brand has a Tokunbo version and are readily available.
Foreign used Kia Picanto are, like other vehicles, abundant in the Tokunbo market. The list below shows the prices of foreign used Kia Picanto cars in Nigeria in 2018. It should be noted that the variation in these prices is as a result of some certain factors including the year of production of the vehicle, the condition of the vehicle, currency exchange rate at the time of purchase, custom clearance tariffs and other similar factors.
- 2004 – 2007: 2005 – 2012: N1.2 million – N1.8 million
Prices of Nigerian (Locally) Used Kia Picanto in Nigeria
Although locally used vehicles may not be as neat and close to perfect as brand new or foreign used versions, they are still a much appreciated option. For durable and rugged cars, one might not really feel the difference, especially when it is still neat and well managed.
Picanto is definitely not the most rugged of cars but one can still get a neat locally used version that still maintains great efficiency and expected features. The list below shows the varying prices of locally used Picanto in Nigeria. The prices variation is due to certain factors including the fuel mileage, general condition of the car and the year of production.
- 2005 – 2007: N450,000 – N700,000
- 2008 – 2012: N700,000 – N900, 000 million
- 2013 – 2015: N 800,000 – N1.5 million
Kia Picanto: Things you should Know About the Car
Picanto is a comfortable and dynamic-looking car with a selection of surprisingly good selection of tech. This small car boasts of nice features including Bluetooth connectivity, Apple CarPlay support, satnav system, navigation system, voice recognition button, and lots more.
The 1-litre Picanto engine does 0.62mph in 14.3 seconds, while the 1.2 shaves more than 2 seconds off the time to complete a dash in 12 seconds flat. The naturally aspirated triple is smooth, and revs fairly sweetly.
Kia Picanto: Things you will like about the car
- Great Handling: Forget the size of this car, its handling is amazing. Its on-road operation is great and you can easily maneuver your way in tight corners. This car might not be the fastest of automobiles, but its handling ranks among the best in its class.
- Styling: Picanto is unique; its exterior is catchy. When it comes to style, you can never go wrong with Picanto.
- Pocket-Friendly Pricing: Despite its amazing features, Kia Picanto is amazingly cheap. Its maintenance is also not a big deal and spare parts are readily available. If you are looking for a pocket friendly car that can be maintained easily and doesn’t require any expert, Kia Picanto is a great option.
Kia Picanto: Things you may not like about Kia picanto
- Picanto doesn’t have a cruise control, not even as an option.
- The car’s infotainment is relatively inferior when compared to some other cars in its class.
- The engine and four-speed auto lack pep.
Check prices of other used cars in Nigeria
- Toyota Corolla Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Toyota Camry Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Toyota Highlander Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Honda Crosstour Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Toyota Hilux in Nigeria (2018)
- Power Bike Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Toyota Nigeria Cars & Price List (2018)
- Mercedes G-Wagon Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Honda Discussion Continues: Prices in Nigeria 2018
- Peugeot 406, 407 & 408 Prices in Nigeria
- Ford Explorer and Escape Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Hyundai Cars in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Ford Edge in Nigeria (2018)
- Mercedes Benz Cars & Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Lexus RX300, RX330 and RX350 Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Peugeot 206 Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Kia Car Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Lexus ES300, ES330 & ES350 in Nigeria (2018)
- Lexus GX470 & GX460 Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Golf 3,4,5 & 6 Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Nissan Pathfinder & Xterra Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Nissan X-Trail and Qashqai Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Bicycle Prices in Nigeria 
- Peugeot 301 and 307 Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Toyota Venza Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Price of Range Rover Sport in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Tokunbo Cars in Nigeria in 2018
- Prices of Acura ZDX in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of BMW X4, X5 & X6 in Nigeria (2018)
- Kia Picanto Prices in Nigeria (2018)
- Prices of Toyota RAV4 in Nigeria (2018)
- Car Battery Prices in Nigeria (2018)