Although Kia has been around for several decades, the automobile brand stormed Nigeria around the turn of the century. Specifically, the parent body Hyundai was established in 1998. Kia Motors hit the shores of Nigeria at a time the automobile industry was experiencing a surge. Everyone just wanted to own a car or two. Personally, I can say they’ve had it good over the years.
Kia Motors is the second largest automobile producer in South Korea, just behind Hyundai Motors. Nonetheless, both production outlets are almost inseparable in ownership and management, with each owning significant shares in each’s equity. This relationship is almost very evident in their designs, with similarities existing between models of the two brands.
One amazing thing that the Kia brand brought to Nigeria at the time was a cheaper alternative to seemingly luxury cars. Its models were slightly less expensive compared to what you might consider mainstream exotic brands. Many believe that this tells on the quality of the brand too, but that claim may have been defeated as Kia has treated us to some amazing products over the years.
My favorite Kia model is the Kia Sportage. Not just because I love Mini SUVs, but because the ride is pretty smooth, and has some of the qualities that great brands possess, including durability and traction. It also has a great external profile and that look of maturity that commands the respect of car lovers. The Kia Sorento is another fantastic model for many reasons.
Prices of Kia Cars in Nigeria
So in case you’re thinking about buying a kia product and you don’t even know how to go about it, you have stumbled on the right page. Prices of Kia vehicles vary, depending on the model, whether it is new or used, mileage, and several other qualities that people look out for in a vehicle.
Notably, Kia has a lot of offices and sales outlets in Nigeria. There are several brand new models of the brand which will be highlighted here. There are also several Tokunbo options as well as locally used Kia cars in Nigeria.
Brand New Kia Car Prices in Nigeria
- Kia Rio === N8,000,000 – N8,500,000
- Kia Optima === N13,000,000 – N15,000,000
- Kia Picanto === N6,000,000 – N7,500,000
- Kia Sportage === N14,000,000 – N16,000,000
Foreign Used (Tokunbo) Kia Prices in Nigeria
- Kia Sportage EX 2015 ===N4,000,000 – N5,500,000
- Kia Sportage 2.0 L 4WD 2012 === N5,000,000 – N6,500,000
- Kia Sportage 2007 === N2,000,000 – N3,000,000
- Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi 2005 === N1,500,000 – N2,000,000
- Kia Sorento 2011 === N4,000,000 – N5,200,000
- Kia Soul 2010 === N2,600,000 – N3,600,000
- Kia Mohave 2011 === N4,000,000 – N5,500,000
- Kia Optima 1.7 CRDi 2012 === N6,000,000 – N7,500,000
- Kia Optima EX 2013 === N6,000,000 – N7,000,000
- Kia Spectra 2008 === N2,200,000 – N2,800,000
- Kia Sorento 3.3 V6 2005 === N950,000 – N1,400,000
- Kia Cerato 1.5 CRDi 2009 === N1,400,000 -N2,300,000
- Kia Rondo EX 2009 === N2,100,000 – N2,800,000
- Kia Soul 2010 === N2,400,000 – N3,000,000
- Kia K2700 2007 === N1,800,000 – N2,400,000
Prices of locally used Kia cars in Nigeria
- Kia Sportage 2.0 4×4 Automatic 2015 === N5,700,000 – N6,800,000
- Kia Sorento 2005 === N900,000 – N1,500,000
- Kia Sportage 2.0 4×4 Automatic 2013 === N3,700,000 – N5,000,000
- Kia SOUL + 2014 === N1,800,000 – N2,500,000
- Kia Rio 1.1 CRDi 2014 === N1,400,000 – N2,000,000
- Kia Sportage 2007 === N800,000 – N1,400,000
- Kia Rio 2001 === N450,000 – N750,000
- Kia Picanto 2010 === N650,000 – N1,000,000
What you should Know about Kia cars
The Kia brand has obviously come to stay. With several models in its fleet, the brand has proven time and again that it is ready to slug it out with the stiff competition in the industry. It is also fast becoming a corporate choice for many organizations, especially banks. It has models including saloon cars, SUVs, mini SUVs, and even trucks.
Let’s take a look at peculiarities of some current models of Kia as we cannot possibly review all of them. We will limit our spotlight to just saloon cars, Crossovers and SUVs.
The Kia Rio was first produced in 2000 and has today seen modifications up to the fourth generation. It is an amazing subcompact car that has styles ranging from three to five-door hatchback, as well as the four-door sedan. There are also Rio versions that use the inline-four gasoline and diesel engines, as well as the front-wheel drive.
The first generation was produced between 2000 and 2005 and was replaced with a second generation model that lasted until 2011. While the third generation lasted from 2011 to 2017, the fourth generation is just in its second year of production haven been launched in 2017.
This model is another product in the Kia family with an urban flair. It has been produced since 2004 for the global market. Its 2017/2018 model, the GT-line, is a five-door hatchback that can run on any of the following engines; 1.0 L Kappa II MPI I3 (petrol)
1.0 L Kappa II MPI turbo I3 (petrol)
1.25 L Kappa II MPI I4 (petrol). It has a 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic transmission.
This is an SUV model that has been produced since 1993. It is a five-door compact crossover SUV that can run on various engines including the 1.6 L I4 (gasoline), 1.6 L I4 (turbocharged petrol), 2.0 L Theta II I4 (turbocharged gasoline), 2.4 L Theta II I4 (gasoline)
1.7 L I4 (turbocharged diesel); and the 2.0 L 4l CRDI.
What you will like about Kia cars
- Exterior/Interior Beauty: The Kia brand actually comes with a lot of style, especially the current models. This is one quality that makes the brand stand out within its league.
- Affordability: I have mentioned this passively, but I think it’s important I emphasize it. Within its rank, Kia seems one of the most affordable brands out there.
- Efficiency: The brand is also very efficient. It is great for personal, corporate and even family use. You can never go wrong with this one.
- Added Features: From the sound system, AC, GPS and other amazing features, to great car chairs and pigeon area, you sure have a great companion with a Kia.
What you may not like about Kia cars
As much as it is an amazing car, there are quite a few things that may not go down well with you. First, the brand has a “not so good” reputation when it comes to durability. It is not as durable as some of the top brands around.
Another factor to watch out for is the “not so good” fuel economy. Compared to many brands, it is fair though, but is worthy of mention. These and other factors that deal with people’s mindset regarding cars not made in Japan, Germany, Europe or America, form some of the negatives about the brand.
Check current prices of other cars in Nigeria
- Mercedes 4matic Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Toyota Sienna Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Prices of Hyundai Cars in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Toyota Venza Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Prices of Toyota RAV4 in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Toyota Camry Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Toyota Nigeria Cars & Price List (February, 2019)
- Toyota Corolla Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Tokunbo Cars in Cotonou & Prices (February, 2019)
- Prices of Toyota Hilux in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Honda Accord Evil Spirit & Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Lexus RX300, RX330 and RX350 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Lexus GX470 & GX460 Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Prices of Tokunbo Cars in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Toyota Highlander Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Mercedes G-Wagon Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Prices of Ford Edge in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Car Battery Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Ford Explorer & Escape Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Honda Crosstour Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Mercedes Benz Cars & Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Peugeot 406, 407 & 408 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Honda Discussion Continues: Prices in Nigeria 2019
- Power Bike Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Peugeot 206 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Price of Range Rover Sport in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of BMW X4, X5 & X6 in Nigeria (2019)
- Peugeot 301 & 307 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Kia Picanto Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Nissan X-Trail & Qashqai Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Bicycle Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Nissan Pathfinder & Xterra Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Golf 3, 4, 5 & 6 Prices in Nigeria (2019)
- Kia Car Prices in Nigeria (February, 2019)
- Prices of Lexus ES300, ES330 & ES350 in Nigeria (2019)
- Prices of Acura ZDX in Nigeria (2019)