For many people, the kitchen is the most important room in the home. This is because we prepare our food in this part of the house. Today, we don’t only have kitchens in homes, we have them in office spaces, hubs, hotels, service apartments, etc. One of the most important fittings in a kitchen is the kitchen sink. In this post, we will look at the latest kitchen sink prices in Nigeria.
Prices of Kitchen Sinks in Nigeria
Cleaning up in a kitchen can be quite tedious especially when it comes to dealing with dirty plates, pots, and cutlery. Imagine you had to wash dishes without a kitchen sink. This picture should show you how important this fitting is in your kitchen.
When constructing a new kitchen, one of the items you must consider including in your design is a sink. This consideration also comes to mind when you have to replace a bad sink or carry out a renovation. Before stepping out to purchase a kitchen sink, we suggest that you first study the market to find out the latest prices.
Market surveys are tedious and boring. This is why we have surveyed the market for the latest prices of kitchen sinks in Nigeria on your behalf. Check them out below:
- Nano Single Bowl Waterfall Kitchen Sink – Black.: ₦192,000 – ₦265,000
- Twyford Washing Hand Basin: From ₦15,000
- Kitchen Sink- Stainless Steel Dual Bowl With Kit – Black: ₦49,500 – ₦50,000
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink With Tap: ₦82,000 – ₦100,000
- Nano Stainless Steel Dual-bowl Sink Home Kit + Mixer – Silver: From ₦70,000 – ₦95,000
- Brimix Stainless Kitchen Sink: From ₦12,500
- Stainless Steel Double Bowl Kitchen Sink – Black: ₦48,980 – ₦80,000
- Double Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink- Gold: ₦78,450 – ₦80,000
- Double Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink – 780 x 430 x 220 mm – Black: ₦51,980 – ₦60,000
- Double Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink- Gold with Mixer Tap: ₦69,700 – ₦89,500
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink – Double Bowl Under Mounted: ₦43,450 – ₦56,700
- Twyford Washing Hand Basin – 12×18 inches: From ₦18,000
- Double Bowl Kitchen Sink: ₦48,980 – ₦60,000
- Pro-inspired Kitchen Sink Set: From ₦350,000
- Double Bowl Sink – 77 X 44 cm: ₦49,000 – ₦60,000
- Taper Crown Ltb Antiru Alton Leo Single Lever Kitchen Faucet: ₦47,800 – ₦50,000
- Centurion Stainless Steel Wall Mount Eyewash Station: From ₦220,000
- Galvanised Steel Wall Mount Eyewash Station: From ₦160,000
- Gold Round Basin Mixer: ₦15,000- ₦18,000
PRICES LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 2, 2023.
Kindly note that these prices are subject to change depending on several factors such as prices of materials, exchange rate, customs duties, inflation, and changes in government policies. We will keep checking the market and provide updates so that you are kept abreast of the latest information regarding the prices of these items.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a New Kitchen Sink
Your kitchen can be likened to the nucleus of a cell, it is the heart of your home. One of the most important parts of your kitchen is its sink. Imagine a kitchen without a sink; you can already tell how difficult it will be to work in such a kitchen.
From the list of prices above, you will agree that there are so many types of kitchen sinks on the market. The plethora of sinks makes it difficult to choose one for your kitchen. We understand the dilemma you may find yourself in and have put together this section to show you some factors to guide your choice. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a new kitchen sink:
One of the first decisions you’ll need to make when choosing a kitchen sink is the material. The most common materials for kitchen sinks are stainless steel, porcelain, cast iron, composite, and stone.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel sinks are durable, easy to clean, and resistant to stains and heat. They come in various gauges, with lower gauges indicating thicker and more durable steel.
- Porcelain: Porcelain sinks, also known as enamel sinks, offer a classic, elegant look. However, they can be more prone to chipping and staining.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron sinks are incredibly durable but heavy. They are often coated with enamel to prevent rust and provide a sleek finish.
- Composite: Composite sinks are made from a blend of materials, such as quartz and resin. They are highly resistant to stains and scratches and come in a variety of colors.
- Stone: Stone sinks, typically made from granite or marble, add a touch of luxury to your kitchen. They are durable but can be more expensive.
Sink Size and Configuration
Consider the size of your kitchen and your specific needs when determining the sink size and configuration. A single-bowl sink is suitable for smaller kitchens, while a double-bowl sink offers more flexibility for multitasking. Some even come with additional prep bowls or accessories like cutting boards and colanders.
Kitchen sinks can be installed in various ways, each offering a unique look and functionality:
- Undermount: Undermount sinks are mounted below the countertop, creating a seamless, sleek appearance. They are easy to clean since there’s no lip for debris to catch on.
- Top Mount (Drop-In): Top mount sinks are dropped into a hole in the countertop, with the sink’s rim resting on top. They are typically easier to install but may have a less polished appearance.
- Farmhouse (Apron Front): Farmhouse sinks have a large, exposed front panel that extends beyond the countertop. They provide a rustic and charming look, making them a focal point in the kitchen.
Consider the type of faucet you want and ensure it is compatible with the sink you choose. Some sinks come with pre-drilled holes for faucets and accessories, while others may require custom drilling.
Depth of the Sink
The depth of your kitchen sink matters, especially if you do a lot of cooking and dishwashing. Deeper sinks can accommodate larger pots and pans and reduce splashing. However, shallower sinks may be more comfortable for shorter individuals.
Maintenance and Durability
Think about how easy it is to maintain and clean the sink material you choose. Stainless steel and composite sinks are generally low-maintenance, while porcelain and stone sinks may require more care to prevent staining and damage.
Style and Aesthetics
Your kitchen sink is a prominent feature in your kitchen, so it should complement your kitchen’s style and overall aesthetic. Consider the color, finish, and shape that best suits your design preferences.
Last on our list, consider your budget when selecting a kitchen sink. The cost can vary widely depending on the material, brand, and features. Remember that investing in a high-quality sink can pay off in the long run in terms of durability and functionality.
There you have it for the latest kitchen sink prices in Nigeria. This post has also shown you the factors to consider when choosing a new kitchen sink.