External Hard Drives have become one of the most important gadgets in the modern world today. They are remarkably useful in transferring large files between two devices and one can save important documents, encrypting the drive to ensure confidentiality of delicate information.
In this post, we will consider the prices of various brands and sizes of external hard drives in the market. We will also take a look at some basic facts to consider when choosing one.
- Prices of External Hard Drives in Nigeria
- Things to Consider Before Purchasing an External Hard Drive
- Related Stuff
Prices of External Hard Drives in Nigeria
The list below shows the prices of popular External Hard Drive brands in Nigeria and how much their products go for. We will classify the prices based on disk sizes. It should be noted that the variation in prices is as a result of certain factors which include the type of USB port, body, and material used to design the drive.
Seagate External Hard Drive
- Seagate 500 GB: N9, 000 – N11, 000
- Seagate 1 TB: N16, 000 – N25, 000
- Seagate 2 TB: N24, 000 – N32, 000
- Seagate 4 TB: N42, 000 – N49, 000
- Seagate 6 TB: N70, 000 – N88, 000
- Seagate 8 TB: N79, 000 – N100, 000
Western Digital External Hard Drive
- Western Digital 500 GB: N10, 000 – N14, 000
- Western Digital 1 TB: N16, 000 – N25, 000
- Western Digital 2 TB: N25, 000 – N35, 000
- Western Digital 4 TB: N38, 000 – N50, 000
- Western Digital 4 TB (With Cloud Storage enabled): N100, 000 – N130, 000
- Western Digital 6 TB (With Cloud Storage enabled): N140, 000 – N180, 000
- Western Digital 8 TB (With Cloud Storage enabled): N160, 000 – N220, 000
Transcend External Hard Drive
- Transcend 500 GB: N13, 000 – N15, 000
- Transcend 1 TB: N20, 000 – N40, 000
- Transcend 2 TB: N33, 000 – N50, 000
- Transcend 4 TB: N45, 000 – N58, 000
- Transcend 6 TB: N70, 000 – N85, 000
Samsung External Hard Drive
- Samsung 500 GB: N13, 000 – 18, 000
- Samsung 1 TB: N18, 000 – N28, 000
- Samsung 2 TB: N30, 000 – N45, 000
- Samsung 4 TB: N43, 000 – N55, 000
- Samsung 6 TB: N60, 000 – N70, 000
Adata External Hard Drive
- Adata 500 GB: N12, 000 – 16, 000
- Adata 1 TB: N24, 000 – N28, 000
- Adata 2 TB: N30, 000 – N40, 000
Toshiba External Hard Drive
- Toshiba 500 GB: N12, 000 – 14, 000
- Toshiba 1 TB: N19, 000 – N28, 000
- Toshiba 2 TB: N30, 000 – N38, 000
- Toshiba 4 TB: N43, 000 – N50, 000
EAGET External Hard Drive
- EAGET 500 GB: N15, 000 – N20, 000
- EAGET 1 TB: N30, 000 – N40, 000
- EAGET 2 TB: N38, 000 – N50, 000
Zheino External Hard Drive
- Zheino 70 GB: N7, 000 – N10, 000
Things to Consider Before Purchasing an External Hard Drive
External Hard drives have the gadget market in Nigeria today. They are available in different types, forms and brands. The various options available today have made it more challenging for one to pick a particular type. The most expensive external hard drives might not necessarily be the idea drive for you. Some external drives are designed for some specific purposes.
Before you buy an external hard drive, it is essential you consider some basic factors to streamline your options and pick the best for you. Some of these factors include:
This arguably is the most important specification to consider when buying an external drive. It is of no use purchasing a high-speed device with the best security and access if it is not big enough to store the information you require.
If you want a device that is good for transferring small documents or other media from one device to the other, then you might consider getting a mid-range flash drive. If you are looking at storing big data or transferring large files, then getting an external drive with bigger storage capacity will be required.
This is another core factor to consider when buying an external hard drive. Truth is, size is not everything. Transfer speed is very important as well. This is because if you transfer files to a huge drive on a regular basis, you wouldn’t want to have to wait for a long time for them to complete.
When it comes to how fast a drive transfer is, there are two main factors to consider – The storage technology and the connector it uses to transfer. Although some drives are quicker than others, solid state drives (SSD) can run data faster than orthodox hard drives (HDD). External SSDs are more expensive than HDDs.
Durability and Portability
Durability is another core factor to consider. If you want to solely use your external hard drive for backups purposes, you might not need to consider movability. If you need to always keep your drive with you wherever you go, then you will have to consider the portability. It is advisable to get that is light and can be moved easily.
Data security, especially for people that want to store critical information on their drive, is very important. There are lots of drives today that are compatible with encryption software that will help you restrict access to the drive
To be safe, it is usually advisable to opt for external hard drives that support this for confidentiality and credibility sake. Also, an external hard drive to be used in offices and organizations should have this feature. You might not need to get a drive that allows for encryption if you do not have anything personal on the drive.
- Sound Prince Speakers Price in Nigeria (2020)
- Prices of Hand Mixers in Nigeria (January 2020)
- Internal Hard Drives & Prices in Nigeria (January 2020)
- Wheelchair Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Cost of IELTS in Nigeria (2020) & How to Enrol
- Prices of Amplifiers in Nigeria (2020)
- Petrol Prices in Nigeria Today (January 2020)
- Cost of Living in Nigeria – Lagos & Abuja (2020)
- How Much is TOEFL Exam in Nigeria? (2020 Cost)
- Wireless Microphone Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- Voice Recorder Prices in Nigeria (2020)
- External Hard Drive Prices in Nigeria (January 2020)
- Prices of Speakers in Nigeria (2020)
- Bluetooth Headset Prices in Nigeria (January 2020)