Pedicure is an art and act that has been part of human existence for several centuries. This process has evolved to involve the use of sophisticated machines. Over the last few years, pedicure has grown in popularity with several nail salons springing up all over Nigeria.
In this post, we will discuss the different machines and materials used in a pedicure. We will also show you their prices and tell you other things you should know about getting a pedicure. Let’s get started.
Prices of Pedicure Machines in Nigeria
Once upon a time, the pedicure process was pretty simple, carried out with crude tools. Today, there are so many nail salons that make use of sophisticated machines for the same process. What are the kinds of machines used in a pedicure? How much do these machines cost? We have surveyed the market and come up with a list to answer this question. Check it out below:
- Foot Spa Pedicure Foot Spa With Infrared Heating Massage: From N28,800
- Spa Pedicure Electric Quality Bowl: From N43,000
- Professional Spa Ceramic Pedicure Foot Massage: From N280,000
- Professional Quality Spa Pedicure Sit Chair Salon: From N55,500
- Professional Footbath Spa Pedicure Massager Salon: From N55,500
- Professional Quality Spa Pedicure Chair Salon: From N50,500
- Electric Nail Tool Manicure Machine Nail Drill Pen Pedicure UK Plug: From N3,400
- Foot Callus Absorbing Dead Skin Machine Feet Polisher: From N26,300
- Effective Foot Care Pedicure Machine Callus Hard Dead Callus Foot Skin Remover: From N17,450
- Rechargeable Foot Care Tool Electric Feet File Callus Remover Machine Pedicure: From N15,500
- Rechargeable Electric Callus Remover Machine Pedicure Device Foot File Foot Care Tool: From N24,900
- Electric Foot Grinder: From N5,500
- 150pcs/pack Sanding Bands For Manicure Pedicure Nail Drill: From N3,000
- RECHARGEABLE CALLOUS REMOVER PEDICURE FOOT FILE MACHINE: From N8,000
- 1x Electric Nail Drill Machine Filer Electrical Pedicure: From N3,400
- Foot Grinder Pedicure Professional Machine Powerful 1 Foot Grinder: From N11,400
- Rechargeable Callous Remover Pedicure Foot File Machine: From N8,000
- Rechargeable Foot Care Tool Electric Feet File Callus Remover Machine Pedicure Device: From N15,500
- Electric Nail Drill Machine Pen Manicure Pedicure File: From N13,300
- SUN5 Nail Lamp 48W UV LED Nail Dryer: From N18,975
- Rechargeable Electric Manicure Drill Nail File Bit Pedicure Machine Tool Set: From N33,490
- 35000RPM Electric Nail Drill Machine Mill Cutter Sets For Manicure: From N30,200
- Rechargeable Pedicure Machine Health Foot Care: From N18,790
- 45Pcs Nail Art Drill Bits Ceramics Tungsten Steel Removal: From N21,900
- 60Pcs Professional Electric Nail File Drill Machine Pedicure : From N27,790
- Electric Foot Grinding Machine 3 In 1 Foot File Callus Remover: N60,000 – N100,000
- 20000 RPM Electric Acrylic Nail Art File Drill Set Machine Manicure Pedicure Kit: From N42,500
- Rechargeable Pedicure Machine Health Foot Care: From N46,500
- 20000RPM Electric Nail File Drill Manicure Tool Pedicure Machine Set Kit With 6 Different Drill Bits: From N27,800
- Electric Foot File Grinder Portable Automatic Vacuuming Rechargeable : From N26,300
- Electric Nail File Art Nail Drill Acrylic Manicure Pedicure Portable Machine Kit : From N25,890
PRICES LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 5, 2023.
The prices of these products are pretty stable on the market. However, you may notice slight differences due to your location and the vendor that you patronize. Their prices could also change over time due to economic conditions, government policies, and company policies. Once we notice a price change, we will update this post to give you the latest prices.
Giving Yourself a Pedicure at Home
We may not all have the time or funds to visit a nail salon or spa for a pedicure. This doesn’t mean that we should have unruly feet. If you find yourself in this situation, you can still give yourself a pedicure at home. We will show you how to give yourself a pedicure from home in this section.
Step 1: Get rid of old polish
If you have any lingering nail polish, get rid of it before doing anything else. You can do this with the help of a nail polish remover and some cotton wool. If the nail polish is stubborn, then you should make use of acetone-based nail polish remover. You can get rid of regular nail polish using non-acetone nail polish remover. If you don’t have cotton wool, you can make use of paper towels even though they aren’t as abrasive.
Step 2: Soak your feet in a foot bath.
The regular practice is to soak your feet in a foot bath. What if you don’t have a foot bath? You can soak your feet in a bathtub or a huge basin. Fill the container with some warm water and some bath soak, preferably Epsom salt. Allow your feet to soak for about 10 minutes. Doing this helps to make your cuticles softer. When you are done, dry each foot with a clean towel then apply some cuticle remover.
Step 3: Trim your nails and file them
Use a pair of nail clippers to trim your nails. The edges don’t need to be perfect since you’ll still use a file to shape them. If you feel like your toes or heels are rough, use a pumice stone or foot file to smoothen the area.
Step 4: Massage your feet
After drying and treating your feet, apply some moisturizer to make the skin around the feet supple. While doing this, make sure to massage the feet for some minutes. If you can, invest in an electric foot massager to make the process easier and more interesting. When using an electric foot massager, you don’t need to use lotion.
Step 5: Prepare your toes for the next stage
Here, you get rid of oily residue on the nails with the help of some cotton wool. Doing this makes the nail polish you are about to apply last longer. You can also make use of toe separators here.
Step 6: Apply some base coat
Never skip this step if you plan to add nail polish to your toenails. The base coat allows the pedicure to last longer as it acts as a barrier between the polish and your nails.
Step 7: Apply nail polish
After the base coat dries up, the next step is to apply the nail polish. Begin by adding a thin coat then let it dry. Now, apply another thin coat.
Step 8: Apply the topcoat
With a thin layer of topcoat, you can prevent premature chipping and seal up everything. Leave it to dry and do a touch test about 20 minutes later.