Pedicure is an art and act that has been part of human existence for several centuries. This process has evolved to involve the use of sophisticated machines. Over the last few years, pedicure has grown in popularity with several nail salons springing up all over Nigeria.
In this post, we will discuss the different machines and materials used in a pedicure. We will also show you their prices and tell you other things you should know about getting a pedicure. Let’s get started.
Prices of Pedicure Machines in Nigeria
Once upon a time, the pedicure process was pretty simple, carried out with crude tools. Today, there are so many nail salons that make use of sophisticated machines for the same process. What are the kinds of machines used in a pedicure? How much do these machines cost? We have surveyed the market and come up with a list to answer this question. Check it out below:
- Scholl Foot Massager: N26,000 – N32,000
- Foot Spa-with Infrared: N29,500 – N33,000
- Pedicure Machine Foot Spa Machine: N24,000 – N28,000
- Posh Electric Foot Spa Massager: N28,300 – N34,000
- Foot Spa Pedicure Massager (90w): N35,000 – N39,000
- 18-piece Handheld Pedi Mate: N6,000 – N9,000
- Detoxifying Dual Ionic Foot Spa Machine: N85,000 – N100,000
- Electric Pedicure Bowl (Foot Spa): N31,000 – N45,000
- Foot Scraper: N3,000 – N4,500
- Scholl Diy Pedicure Foot File: N10,000 – N12,000
- Pedi Velvet Smooth Electronic Pedicure Foot File: N3,000 – N6,000
- Foldable Foot Spa: N35,000 – N40,000
- Foot & Sole Massager: N3,500 – N4,500
- Pedicure & Massage Foot Spa And Personal Care: N55,000 – N70,000
- Comfort Pedicure Electric Bowl: N29,500 – N40,000
- Professional Foot Spa Pedicure Massager: N39,00 – N42,000
- Professional Electric Pedicure Forth Massage: N38,000 – N41,000
- Zion Plus Pedicure Foot Spa With Infrared Heating Massage: N27,000 – N34,000
- Unisex Foot Spa Massage And Pedicure Machine With Infrared Heating Super Bubble: N52,000 – N57,000
- Rechargeable Callous Remover Pedicure Foot File Machine: N4,200 – N5,000
- Flattop Nail Drill Bits Pedicure Manicure Kit Replacement Set Polishing File Grinding Heads For Electric Nail Art Machine: N6,600 – N13,000
- Rechargeable Pedicure Foot File Machine: N12,800 – N20,000
- Inlife ABB230C Electric Pedicure Tool Callus Remover File Foot Care Machine: N14,500 – N28,000
- Rechargeable Nail Drill Machine Manicure Pedicure Electric Nail File Drill Nail Art Gel Polisher: N27,000 – N30,000
- Skyland Foot Spa Massage And Pedicure Machine: N85,000 – N105,000
- Electric Pedicure Machine Leg Wraps Air Pressure Massager Foot Ankles Therapy: N60,000 – N100,000
- 20000 RPM Electric Acrylic Nail Art File Drill Set Machine Manicure Pedicure Kit: N14,800 – N25,000
- Electric Nail Drill File Manicure Pedicure Polish Machine: N22,400 – N44,000
- Professional Electric Nail Polisher File Drill Manicure Pedicure Machine Kit Set 220V: N30,100 – N50,000
- Electric Mini Grinder Nail Machine File Drill Pedicure Manicure Art Salon Kit: N6,400 – N12,000
- Fashion Electric Acrylic Nail Drill File Bit Pedicure Manicure Machine Pen Hot: N14,000 – N26,000
The prices of these products are pretty stable on the market. However, you may notice slight differences due to your location and the vendor that you patronize. Their prices could also change over time due to economic conditions, government policies, and company policies. Once we notice a price change, we will update this post to give you the latest prices.
Giving Yourself a Pedicure at Home
We may not all have the time or funds to visit a nail salon or spa for a pedicure. This doesn’t mean that we should have unruly feet. If you find yourself in this situation, you can still give yourself a pedicure at home. We will show you how to give yourself a pedicure from home in this section.
Step 1: Get rid of old polish
If you have any lingering nail polish, get rid of it before doing anything else. You can do this with the help of a nail polish remover and some cotton wool. If the nail polish is stubborn, then you should make use of acetone-based nail polish remover. You can get rid of regular nail polish using non-acetone nail polish remover. If you don’t have cotton wool, you can make use of paper towels even though they aren’t as abrasive.
Step 2: Soak your feet in a foot bath.
The regular practice is to soak your feet in a foot bath. What if you don’t have a foot bath? You can soak your feet in a bathtub or a huge basin. Fill the container with some warm water and some bath soak, preferably Epsom salt. Allow your feet to soak for about 10 minutes. Doing this helps to make your cuticles softer. When you are done, dry each foot with a clean towel then apply some cuticle remover.
Step 3: Trim your nails and file them
Use a pair of nail clippers to trim your nails. The edges don’t need to be perfect since you’ll still use a file to shape them. If you feel like your toes or heels are rough, use a pumice stone or foot file to smoothen the area.
Step 4: Massage your feet
After drying and treating your feet, apply some moisturizer to make the skin around the feet supple. While doing this, make sure to massage the feet for some minutes. If you can, invest in an electric foot massager to make the process easier and more interesting. When using an electric foot massager, you don’t need to use lotion.
Step 5: Prepare your toes for the next stage
Here, you get rid of oily residue on the nails with the help of some cotton wool. Doing this makes the nail polish you are about to apply last longer. You can also make use of toe separators here.
Step 6: Apply some base coat
Never skip this step if you plan to add nail polish to your toenails. The base coat allows the pedicure to last longer as it acts as a barrier between the polish and your nails.
Step 7: Apply nail polish
After the base coat dries up, the next step is to apply the nail polish. Begin by adding a thin coat then let it dry. Now, apply another thin coat.
Step 8: Apply the topcoat
With a thin layer of topcoat, you can prevent premature chipping and seal up everything. Leave it to dry and do a touch test about 20 minutes later.