While some would argue that no tertiary education beats university education, some others are of the opinion that undergraduates learn better technical and practical skills in polytechnics and other technical institutions. Deservedly so, Nigerian Polytechnics and Technical Colleges have drawn praise for the manner at which they train their students especially in the areas of technical and engineering skills. Although most parents and guardian prefer their children and wards to taste university education, polytechnic education offers a reasonable option.
Polytechnic education has been on the rise in Nigeria in recent years, with young minds desiring to have a taste of the technical training in polytechnics before advancing to university for further education and degrees. The nation has witnessed a drastic rise in the establishment of polytechnics and technical institutions in recent years, with over 10 private polytechnics approved by the Federal Government over the past five years.
No much debate with Federal and State Polytechnics as they have over time stamped their mark as efficient tertiary institutions with their constant product of top-notch graduates. Most of their products can stand head-to-head with university graduates which has only helped the course of the tertiary institutions. In Nigeria, it is believed that Polytechnics and Technical Colleges are more practical in lecturing the students. They are assumed to have a higher tendency of imparting the students by engaging in more technical and practical classes.
The most amazing thing about Polytechnics though is their school fees. When you compare the registration fees and tuition to that Federal and State Universities, Federal and State Polytechnics are more affordable and the payment structure is far more dynamic and people-friendly. This is mainly because like Federal Universities, Federal Polytechnics were established to support education and make it affordable for everyone.
Here, we will take a look at the tuition fees of popular Polytechnics in Nigeria. We will categorize these institutions according to the class they fall in, whether Federal, State or Private Polytechnics.
- Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria and their School Fees
- State Polytechnics and their School Fees
- Private Polytechnics and their Tuitions in Nigeria
- See school fees of other institutions in Nigeria
Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria and their School Fees
Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti School Fees
Located at the heart of one one the youngest states in the nation, Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti has grown to be one of the most popular Federal institutions in Nigeria. The school is also one of the most respected and most peaceful Polytechnics around. In a city that boasts of Afe Balalola University and Ekiti State University, this polytechnic has thrived in the best possible way and still attracts young people from all over the country. Fresh Students pay N45,000 as school fees and N26,000 as acceptance fees.
Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro School Fees
Since its establishment in 1979, this Federal Polytechnic has grown in popularity, majorly recognized for the manner at which the lecturers and technical staffs groom students to become the best at whichever field of study they choose. The Polytechnic remains one of the most reputable institutions till date. The tuition as at 2018 is N33,550 for returning students and N51, 900 – N62, 400 for fresh students.
Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi School Fees
This polytechnic, save for its troubles, is generally regarded as one of the most popular and best Polytechnics in Nigeria. Although the Federal Polytechnic is not the most peaceful institutions in the country, it still maintains a high learning standard and excellent academic record. The school boasts of top-class lecturers and the learning environment, compared to some other institutions, is conducive. Fresh students pay N36,000 per session while Returning Students pay N28,000.
Federal Polytechnic, Offa School Fees
This Polytechnic, since its establishment, has maintained an appreciable standard of education. The school remains one of the go-to Federal Polytechnics in the nation till date. The tuition fees is N28,850 per session for new students and N20,000 for returning students.
Federal Polytechnic, Bida School Fees
Arguably the most popular polytechnic in the Northern part of the nation, Federal Polytechnic Bida has constant lived up to the hype of being one of the best institutions in that region. Its learning culture is standard and the institution has produced top level alumni. The tuition is N52,500 for fresh students and N36,250 for returning students.
Federal Polytechnic, Nekede School Fees
Given their top academic standard and overall learning culture, it is not wrong to classify this Institution as one of the best in Nigeria. Their tuition is N32,000 per session.
State Polytechnics and their School Fees
The list below shows the school fees of popular State Polytechnics in Nigeria in 2018
- Plateau State Polytechnic (PLASU): Indegene-N50,000, Non-Indigene – N80, 000
- Nasarawa State University (NSUK) –> N32,000
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (Mapoly) State –> Indegene-N60,000, Non- Indegene-N65,000. It should be noted that this tuition varies with departments. Some departments pay up to N75,000
- Kwara State Polytechnic (Kwarapoly) –> Indegene-N28,000, Non-Indegene-N44,000
- Tai-Solarin University of Education (TASUED) –> Fresh Students, N76,500, Returning Students pay N66,500
- Abia State Polytechnics –> 56,550 while some other departments pay N61,000
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo (RUGIPO) –> N70,000
- Polytechnic of Ibadan –> N45,000 for indigene and N50,000 for non-indigene (for Fresh Students). Returning Students school fees is less than N30,000.
- Imo State Polytechnic –> Indigene – ND-N30,000, HND- N40,000 (Non-indigene, ND N55,000, HND N22,000)
- Kaduna State Polytechnic: N24,000
- Enugu State Polytechnic: N26,500
- Lagos State Polytechnic: 38,000.
The list focuses on popular Polytechnics in Nigeria. The list will be updates when we get relevant and concrete information on other Polytechnics.
Private Polytechnics and their Tuitions in Nigeria
Here, we will take a look at the school fees of popular private Polytechnics in Nigeria
- Dorben Polytechnic, Bwari, FCT: Full Time- N176,000, Part Time –> N220,000.
- Covenant Polytechnic, Aba, Abia State
- Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Allover Central Polytechnic, Sango-Ota, Ogun State.
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko, Benue State.
- Grace Polytechnic, Surulere, Lagos State.
- Heritage Polytechnic, Ikot Udota, Eket, Akwa Ibom State.
- Igbajo Polytechnic, Igbajo
- Interlink Polytechnic, IJebu-Jesa, Osun State.
- Kings Polytechnic Ubiaja
- Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja.
- Lighthouse Polytechnic, Evbuobanosa
- Nacabs Polytechnic Akwanga, Nasarawa state
- Nogak Polytechnic, Ikom, Cross River State.
- Our Saviour Institute of Science Agric and Technology (OSISATECH), Enugu.
- Ronik Polytechnic, Lagos.
- Shaka Polytechnic Benin City
- Temple Gate Polytechnic Aba, Abia State
- The Polytechnic Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- The Polytechnic Imesi-Ile
- Tower Polytechnic Ibadan, Oyo State
- Wolex Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos State.
Please note that details of the schools fees of these private Polytechnics were not available as of the time of this writing and will be updated when found.
See school fees of other institutions in Nigeria
- FUTA School Fees for 2020 Session
- Kaduna State University School Fees (2020)
- UNIPORT School Fees in 2020
- Bowen University School Fees (2020)
- UI DLC School Fees (2020)
- Igbinedion University School Fees (2020)
- 10 Cheapest Federal Universities in Nigeria (2020)
- UNIZIK Postgraduate School Fees (2020)
- Lagos State Polytechnic School Fees (2020)
- Schools of Nursing in Nigeria & Their School Fees (2020)
- OAU School Fees (2020) for Undergraduates & Postgraduates
- FUOYE School Fees – 2020 Session
- Cotonou Universities & School Fees (2020)
- ABU Zaria School Fees & Registration Fees (2020)
- FUTO School Fees – 2020 Session
- Sokoto State University School Fees (2020)
- Babcock University School Fees (2020)
- UNILAG Postgraduate School Fees (2020)
- Caleb University School Fees (2020)
- Federal University Gashua School Fees & Courses (2020)
- UNILAG Part Time School Fees (2020)
- University of Abuja School Fees (2020)
- Cost of Master’s Degree in Nigerian Universities (2020)
- UNIBEN Postgraduate School Fees (2020)
- UNILORIN School Fees (2020) – Undergraduate & Postgraduate
- UNN Postgraduate School Fees in 2020
- Ebonyi State University School Fees (2020)
- Afe Babalola University School Fees (2020)
- Ekiti State University School Fees (2020)
- Nasarawa State University School Fees (2020)
- Lead City University School Fees (2020)
- Lagos State University School Fees (2020) for Undergraduates
- University of Nigeria School Fees (2020)
- Federal University Lokoja School Fees (2020)
- Kwara State Polytechnic School Fees (2020)
- LAUTECH School Fees for Undergraduates & Courses (2020)
- Osun State University School Fees (2020)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University School Fees (2020)
- American University of Nigeria School Fees (2020)
- UNILAG School Fees for Undergraduates (2020)
- University of Ibadan School Fees (2020)
- List of Polytechnics in Nigeria & Their School Fees (2020)
- National Open University of Nigeria School Fees (2020)
- Bingham University School Fees ([year})
- Covenant University School Fees (2020)
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences School Fees (2020)
- Private Universities in Abuja & their School Fees (2020)
- Benue State University School Fees (2020)
- FCE Kano School Fees (2020)
- NDA School Fees (2020)
- Lagos Business School Fees in 2020
- Kano State University (KUST) School Fees in 2020
- Adeleke University School Fees (2020)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University School Fees & Courses (2020)
- Federal Polytechnic Nekede School Fees (2020)
- School Fees of Private Universities in Nigeria (2020)