Some call it a rugged car; some others term it a tool. In fact, some users regard it as a machine. Toyota Hilux has deservedly earned lots of praise for its ruggedness, durability, flexibility and firmness. Since the launch of the first model back in 1968, Toyota Hilux has majestically commanded the pick-up market in the automobile world. If you need a phrase to summarize its functionality and operation, it would definitely be “rugged utility”. The appealing look of its latest models only adds to its already positive and astonishing features.
Nigerian Automobile market has, as expected, embraced this Toyota brand, thanks to its dynamism in usage and general flexibility. Toyota Hilux has stamped its mark as the highest selling pick-up brand in Nigeria. This height has made its spare parts, no matter the model, readily available and affordable. Another reason it has topped the Nigerian pick-up market is its flexibility. While it blends comfortably as a family car with its 4 by 4 setting, it’s powerful and strong features rank it as one of the toughest mass produced of machinery on earth, making it adaptable to any condition and operation.
Let us consider the prices of various models of Toyota Hilux in Nigeria.
Toyota Hilux Prices in Nigeria (Brand New)
With automobile users’ interest constantly drifting towards pick-up truck types all over the world, there can only be a constant demand of Toyota Hilux. In this class of automobile market, Toyota Hilux undoubtedly commands the floor. Thanks to its flexibility and ruggedness, users in Nigeria and all over the world prefer this Toyota brand to any other pick-up model.
Toyota brands rarely run out of stock. Although it will be almost impossible to get brand new versions of Toyota Hilux models below 2003, you can comfortably go to the company’s offices all over the world or international distributors to purchase later models. In Nigeria, be sure that the prices you will get a brand new Toyota Hilux will be heavily dependent on external factors that include custom clearance and tariff fees. Also, the currency exchange rate at the moment of purchase plays a major part in determining the eventual price of a brand new Hilux in Nigeria.
On the average, a brand new Toyota Hilux in Nigeria costs between N24 million and N25 million, depending on the model and distributor.
Prices of Foreign Used Toyota Hilux in Nigeria
Foreign-used cars move the automobile market in Nigeria. When it comes to Toyota Hilux, there is usually no big difference between the foreign used tokunbo version and its brand new equivalent, irrespective of the model. This has the brand’s ruggedness, easy maintenance and durability to thank for the little difference. Also, easy accessibility and less clearance stress compared to brand new cars have encouraged Nigerians to pursue the foreign-used versions more.
The average prices of various models of foreign used Toyota Hilux in 2018 are listed below:
- 2005 -2007: N2.5 million – N8 million
- 2008-2012: N10 million – N15 million
- 2013-2015: N10.5 million – N25 Million
It should be notes that certain factors, including condition of car, fuel economy rate and currency exchange rate have caused the variations in the prices. This means that it is possible for a model, say 2012 model, to be more expensive than a later model, say 2014. The condition of the car and fuel mileage directly has a lot to do with the eventual price of the foreign-used Toyota Hilux.
Prices of Nigerian (locally) used Toyota Hilux in Nigeria
Generally, Nigerian used cars are cheaper than foreign used equivalents. Understandably so, most locally used cars have been used outside the country before being imported and then used for a long or short while before being made available for sale as “locally used”. These cars have lost some significant value and have depreciated with time. Depending on the conditions of basic parts of the car including the engine, tires, interior and the general handling, most Nigerian used cars costs between 55 percent and 70 percent of their foreign used counterparts.
It is the same with Toyota Hilux. For its ruggedness and durability though, there is only an ignorable difference between Nigerian used and foreign used Hilux provided the engine and other basic parts are still in great condition.
Average prices of Nigerian-used Toyota Hilux for various models are listed below.
- 2005 – 2007: N2.5 million – N7 million
- 2008 – 2012: N5 million – N10 million
- 2013 – 2015: N8 million – N15 million
Toyota Hilux: Some things you need to know
The Toyota Hilux is one of the most rugged, durable and flexible pick-ups that have ever graced the automobile market. The evolution and amazing upgrade in its new models shows Toyota is not done yet with this all-round rugged performance pick-up. The new models are more comfortable than ever.
Latest models of this brand boast of amazing features that include a 2.4 liter diesel engine and a 295lb ft of torque that enhances powerful handling and smooth riding. These new models also boast of different drive modes to choose from. The drive modes include the PWR mode designed to sharpen the throttle response and the Eco mode that smoothens and alters the fan speed.
Although the automatic version is impressive, the manual represent the most valuable option, boasting of more solid handing and slightly more fuel-efficient.
Toyota Hilux is available in three trim levels: entry level active models, icon trim and invincible trim, with the trims boasting of outstanding features.
Toyota Hilux: Things You Will Like About the Car
- Durability and Ruggedness: All recent models of Toyota Hilux are very rugged and tough. Thanks to its powerful engine and well-built body parts, you can be sure you are getting an automobile power machine in Toyota Hilux. The ruggedness and durability of latest models have been tested and passed excellently. With Toyota Hilux, be sure you will not have to visit the mechanic workshop often.
- Beauty: Who says pick-ups can’t look modern and classy? Latest models of Toyota Hilux definitely beat that mark with its remarkable rugged grille and bonnet bulge. The intimidating and commanding look of latest models definitely suggests they cannot be messed with on the road.
- Great Handling: You won’t expect anything less from a pick-up with an improved 217mm ground clearance and a 2.4-litre diesel engine. Toyota Hilux balances well on the ground and guarantees top handling for both the manual and automatic versions.
Latest trims of Toyota Hilux boast of wonderful and user-friendly features including a 4.2inch touchscreen with a reversing camera and DAB radio, descent cruise control, folding door mirrors, 18inche alloy wheels, climate control and key entry among other great features.
Toyota Hilux: Things You May Not Like About the Car
Yes, Toyota Hilux is topnotch, but there is still a need to manage your expectations. The ladder frame-leaf spring combination in latest models of the car reduces its sleekness on the road. Although not exactly sloppy, the double wishbone front end is classless, lifeless and vague.
Although most pick-up models in its class don’t have great fuel economy, you would expect Toyota Hilux to do better. Its not-too-friendly fuel mileage is still an issue Toyota will have to work on. Thankfully, latest models are becoming more welcoming in terms of fuel mileage.
Check current prices of other cars in Nigeria
- Lexus GX470 & GX460 Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Lexus RX300, RX330 and RX350 Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Hyundai Elantra Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Mercedes Benz Cars & Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Peugeot 206 Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Tipper Truck Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- How Much is a Tesla Vehicle in Nigeria? (March 2023)
- Golf 3, 4, 5 & 6 Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Honda Discussion Continues: Prices in Nigeria 2023
- Nissan X-Trail & Qashqai Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Mercedes 4matic Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Maxxis Tyre Review & Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Peugeot 406, 407 & 408 Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Mini Cooper Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Mercedes GLE 450 Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Price of Hyundai ix35 in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Prices of Hyundai Cars in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Peugeot 301 & 307 Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Car Battery Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Price of Range Rover Sport in Nigeria (2023)
- Rolls Royce Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Bugatti Chiron Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Peugeot 307 Price in Nigeria (2023)
- Electric Scooter Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Lexus ES 350 Price in Nigeria (2023)
- Cost of Clearing Cars in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Kia Car Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Lexus RX 350 Price in Nigeria (2023)
- 75Ah Car Battery Price in Nigeria (2023)
- Lamborghini Urus Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Lexus RX 330 Price in Nigeria (2023)
- Mercedes G-Wagon Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Peugeot 301 Price in Nigeria (2023)
- Ford Explorer & Escape Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Tokunbo Cars in Cotonou & Prices (March 2023)
- Kia Picanto Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- MAN Diesel Truck Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Hyundai i10 Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Prices of Acura ZDX in Nigeria (2023)
- Prices of Lexus ES300, ES330 & ES350 in Nigeria (2023)
- Mack Truck Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Chevrolet Camaro Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Prices of Tokunbo Cars in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Nissan Pathfinder & Xterra Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Hyundai Creta Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Cargo Tricycle Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Bugatti Veyron Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Bicycle Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Mercedes Benz C300 Price in Nigeria (2023)
- Prices of Ford Edge in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Gear Oil Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Cost of Mercedes GLK 350 in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Power Bike Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Prices of BMW X4, X5 & X6 in Nigeria (2023)
- Honda Crosstour Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Bajaj Qute Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Innoson Motors Price List (March 2023)
- Honda Accord Evil Spirit & Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Mini Bus Prices in Nigeria (March 2023)
Good day, I am Odejide Oluwagbenga Samson, a Nigerian. I am writing a business proposal plan for a group of people who have shown interest in Toyota hilux as project vehicles. I am much interested in the foreign used hilux. To start with, a minimum of twenty (20) vehicles would be ordered at first purchase, Model Type 2006 and 2007. thanks.
Good morning sir,
I need the price of Toyota Hillux both new and Tokunbo:
1. 2014 – 2015
Thanks for your co-orperation
Kindly provide me with best available price for Brand New Toyota Hillux Double Cabin 2018/2019 Model on cash-and-carry basis in Abuja. Send me the price and the model including photos. Thanks.
The price of toyohota holux brand new 2016/17/18 model Including delivery to damaturu